***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Spring break is over here now. They missed a very nice day to be outside today. I went to zumba and then worked outside for a couple of hours. I have a circle driveway and part of the inside circle is flowers, the rest is grass. I am cutting down old flower stems and digging out weeds. It's not too hard to dig now with so much rain the soil is soft. I want to put down some more mulch when I get it done. But its going to take a while, I get tired.

The library uptown had a gal come from a nursery and give a presentation on flowers, shrubs and veggies. It was pretty interesting. Luckily I recorded DWTS because I didnt get home till 7:30.

How was your Easter dinner, did you see any of your kids?

Sharon

Sharon, all of the kids are out of town at their camp sites. Going much later got us right in without waiting. We will go back on Saturday for my birthday discount.

The temps today into the 70's, but it does get real cold at night. I guess rain tomorrow. So now that you have started and with this kind of weather. You will be cutting grass all of the time. A little or a lot each day.

The main school district around here is on break this week. There are others that already had their break. But most are on break this week.

I figured you would be watching DWTS. Did you see the Bee Gees special over the weekend?

Kathy

No I didn't see the Bee Gee's but I saw some highlights of it. I don't know what I was watching instead.

Had the water guy come back today to work on my RO system, since the guy last week seemed to screw it up. He worked on it for almost 2 1/2 hrs, changing filters and hoses and waiting in between to see if it was working or not.

After he finally left I went outside and cut down all the old asparagus stalks from last year so that the new can start to come in. Was thinking there was something else going on tonight and then remembered they were starting a bible study at church on Tuesday nights. So I put my stuff away, changed clothes and drove up there. Made it in time and had an interesting evening. Got home about 9pm and had to drag my garbage down the driveway to the road in the dark. Don't really like to do that but had to tonight.

It was another beautiful day but that wind just doesn't want to quit.

Sharon

Sharon, I hope the guy did not charge extra, as they should have done the job right the first time around.

Just now we are getting heavy rain and thunder and lightening. Temps in the 50's now.

Bill has been getting home around 11. Then he stays up for awhile watching TV and then falls asleep on the couch. I should not get so mad at him when he does that, as he works so hard and cannot just go right to bed as he is wound up. He is a good man all around.

I remember 1 time when the wind was blowing so hard the cans went into the ditch and they never got picked up. I know what you mean about taking them out in the dark, but what else can you do. The wind was blowing hard yesterday.

With this weather I am sure your grass is really growing and you will be out there cutting it once it all dry's out.

Kathy

No there was no charge for fixing it, I think the first guy did something wrong to cause it because I never had a problem before.

I was going to cut a little more grass today or dig some weeds but when I got home it had rained and everything was too wet.

Yes, I suppose Bill likes to unwind a bit and before he even knows it he's asleep. Sometimes when I go to bed early and watch tv, I fall asleep and was not even aware of it until I wake up and another different show is on. Scary, that's probably what happens to people when the are driving and fall asleep. They don't even know it is happening.

Stopped at the grocery store for a few things, they have a "hot" bar along with their salad bar. I got a stuffed green pepper, I am going to have that for dinner tonight. Trying to be really good about eating these last couple of days before weigh in.

Will see the girls tonight, hope they don't have food there!

Sharon

Sharon, you know that is not going to happen. They seem to always have something for you all. He wants to lure everyone in with food as he really makes the money on the drinks.

I know around here this afternoon it was just pouring and much rain, thunder and lightening. With this kind of weather your grass will be going crazy.

I certainly should hope so that they did not charge you extra. They did not do it right the first time and then you had to wait until yesterday. But as least it is all fixed now and you can enjoy the good water.

You are right and I do get mad at him sometimes. He does work hard and he has been putting in some late hours this past week. Lucky he is off from his crossing job. He cannot just come home all wound up and go right to bed. I also worry that he gets home safely. There are a lot of bad and crazy drivers out there and especially late at night.

Kathy

They didn't have any food ready last night, which was good, but then they started talking about a new pizza place that was opening and everyone got hungry for pizza. So one of the brothers went and picked up 3 pizza's from Little Caesars. Of course it smelled so good and looked so good we all had some. We did do quite a bit of dancing so hopefully that will help me not to have gained a ton of weight tomorrow. None of us are big drinkers, most of us only have one drink and then water, one of the gals drinks beer.

I know there are a lot of things that go on at night that don't during the day, I usually stay inside except when there is something I have to or want to go to. I didn't get home last night until almost eleven o'clock.

I think there might be a birthday party at the Friday night dance place, his birthday was last Friday and they didn't want to do anything because of Good Friday. Haven't heard for sure, and if not I would go to the horse fair up in Madison. But if I go there, I would be too tired from all the walking to go tomorrow night. Hope they let me know for sure early.

It was just plain cold again today, I stayed inside most of the day,

Sharon

Sharon, good luck at WW today. I hope you will continue to loose the weight you want.

It does get cold at night. With the wind today it also feels very cold all day today. These up and down temps are really crazy for the type of weather we are having.

That is good that the owners went out and bought everyone pizza. They sure do take good care of you all. Plus you all enjoy each other's company.

Sharon, I remember you going to that fair each and every year. But you are right about getting tired from all of the walking. I hope all can work out for you over the weekend.

Kathy

Well I tried to post last night when I got home about 11:30 and had no internet connection.

I did go to the Horse Fair, took about an hour and a half to get there. But when I pulled into the place you get tickets and parking, it took over 45 minutes to get through. I don't know what was holding everything up, we were all just sitting there not moving an inch for a very long time. They had saw horses at every parking aisle, so you had to just stay in line to be directed to heaven knows where to park. But a guy was leaving out one of the aisles and he moved the saw horse so he could get out. The guy ahead of me went down that aisle and so did I. I went up and down till I found a parking spot only 4 aisles from one of the main buildings. Lucked out on that! I was there until about 4pm then came home and laid down for a couple of hours. I talked to one of the dancing friends who's "significant other" had had prostate surgery a little over a week ago. She said they were going to the dance place but just to talk not dance. So I went also and got home around 11:30, when I pulled in there was a deer eating the bird seed in the middle of the circle driveway, I knew they were doing that but hadn't seen them.

I'm going to start cutting grass again today, see if I can get it all done in one day or not.

So today is your day! Enjoy and Happy Birthday!!

Sharon

Sharon, yes you are right that we are going out tonight to our place that gives you the % of your actual age off of the bill. But my actual birthday was yesterday, and we went to the club and I got 50% off of the bill.

So today just kind of a lazy day, as I woke up late and I am just taking things slow and resting. The temps are in the 50's now. But it does get cold at night.

I guess those deer are just not going away. Whatever you are putting down it is not working. Try human hair like I suggested a few weeks ago. I hope you can get all of the grass cut today so you can enjoy tomorrow.

When you go to popular events there are crowds. It is lucky that someone moved the horse to allow you and another guy to enter and park. I know last week we were having problems with our Internet, where it would go down around midnight. Finally Bill called them and they had him reset everything and now all is working just fine.

Thank you for the good wishes.

Kathy

I forgot to mention that at WW, I stayed exactly the same as last week. I just can't seem to get past the 7 pound loss.

Sorry I wrote down the wrong date for your birthday, but good you got a discount and will get another one tonight.

I did get the grass cut but not taking it easy today, had a few yellow iris that a friend had given me so had to dig out some of those awful orange lilies for a spot to put them. Also dug up another bed to ready it for the snapdragons when I get them. Last year I bought a flat so will do that again this year. Looks pretty with all different colors.

I see a robin has made a nest over the porch light by the front door. Nice sheltered place for the birds but not good whenever you walk out the door. As soon as the babies are out I will knock it down so she doesn't come back again.

Enjoy your diner,

Sharon

Sharon, I know the feeling as I am the same as you with the weight loss/gain. But at least you stayed the same. I will find out my fate this evening.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was good getting the good discount on Saturday. We both had the Prime Rib.

Good that you got all of your grass cut. With this type of weather we are having the grass will be growing very quickly. I hope you do not get any skin infections like you have in the past. You have also gotten ticks as well, correct?

I see temps in the 70's this week and it looks like rain on Thursday and over the weekend.

Yes, it will be time to start planting for me as well. I think it is still a bit too cool at night to be planting anything for me just yet. I can tell you that the weeds have started growing all over the place. Can't stop them. I will have to start putting down mulch as well.

Kathy

So far no ticks, hope it stays that way! I went to the dentist and no cavaties (yay) and tgen went to that nursery I was telling you about. They did have the snapdragons so i bought a f lo at for $18.99. They are so pretty all different colors.They were outside so i asked since they had them out if it was safe to plant them now. She said yes go ahead and plant them.

My car brakes have been kinda funny, like bumpy when I press down so stopped at the dealership on the way home. Car needs new pads and rotors on the front so will go back tomorrow and get that done.

A friend from zumba asked if I wanted to come over for burgers tonight since her husband is out of town. I said sure, then she called about 5pm and said the propane tank was empty, did i mind just going out and get a burger. I said that would be fine with me also. So I went to her house, she drove into town, her gand daughter came too, she's in 5th grade. There are two restaurants right next to each other. One is casual one is fancy. She decided to go to the fancy one and treat me. We had an appetizer that was a thick slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce on top of it and a slice of mozzarella on top of the lettuce. There was a baslmic dressing drizzled on them. Served with that was crusty bread with olive oil for dipping and parmesean cheese. Then salad and our entre. Dessert was turtle cheesecake. I wanted to pay something but she insisted she wanted to pay. It was very good and I brought enough home for two more nights. I had chicken parmigiano smothered with baked mozzarella. I think I really blew my diet tonight.

I recorded DWTS, was surprised who got let go tonight,

Sharon

Sharon, let's hope that you continue not to have any skin problems, like you have had in the past. Can you believe this weather today? Rain on its way starting on Thursday. So if you have anymore grass cutting, you might want to get it done, as I see a lot of rain coming our way.

Well like anything else, you have to make sure your car is taken care of so it runs correctly for you. At least you are taking it to a place where you can depend on them and relie on them as well.

Well then I may go out this weekend and buy some baskets and a few flats to plant.

That was nice of your friend to take you out for lunch. It really sounds like you had a very nice meal. I did not go to WW yesterday. I will wait until Wednesday to go. I was afraid of the outcome if I went last night.

Enjoy the weather,

Kathy

I don't know why I get skin problems when I cut the grass, I wear long sleeves and pants to prevent it. This last time I did get a little red rash on one of my arms but it was gone after about a day. I know I have contact dermatitis but I'm really not in contact with anything.

I know how you feel about not going to WW, I have thought that myself but I go anyway and sometimes I am surprised its not as bad as I thought it would be.

My granddaughter sent me a message today that they were going with her mom and her mom's husband to an all inclusive resort in Cancun, did I want to go too? They were looking at leaving 7/9 for 4 days. That worked for me but then it turned out her hubby's schedule didn't work out until the next week, 7/13. Well that doesn't work for me because I have a bus trip scheduled to the Canadian Niagara Falls for a week starting the 17th. So I can't go with them. Kind of disappointed but what can you do. It's hard to coordinate everyone's schedule. It was nice she wanted to include me.

I got my snapdragons all planted today, since it's supposed to rain thought I better get them in the ground.

Going tomorrow to the Wisconsin Dells theater to see the Buddy Holly story and have lunch. It's another bus trip, that's about all I do is bus trips. Hope to get back in time to visit with the girls tomorrow night.

Had my brakes repaired this afternoon, another $348. Now they are telling me the ball joint and some kind of rod needs replacing soon at a cost of around $600. I might have to start looking for a car sooner than I thought. How do you like your Trax?

It was a beautiful day today!

Sharon

Sharon, I was so busy yesterday and I had IT problems. So I did not get a chance to post.

Today much cooler and very windy. We did get lots of rain last night, thus the reason it is much cooler today.

I agree it would have been very nice to go with them to Cancun, but I think the bus trip that you have planned sounds to be very good as well. You should really enjoy that trip. So you are on a bus trip today to see that Buddy Holly show. I would think that you will be back in time to go out tonight.

Well when you are putting a lot of money into your car, then it is time to consider getting a new 1. Yes, I do really like my Trax, as it is the perfect size for me. They made a very good deal to upgrade to a 2 year newer model. You are going to be putting around $1,000 into you vehicle and that can add up over a period of time.

Kathy

Yes enjoyed the Buddy Holly show very much and it was at dinner theater called the Paradise in the Dells. And, I did get home to go see the girls too. It rained like crazy yesterday and did the same thing this morning. I did zumba and then this afternoon went to class at the college on the Trail of Tears. It was very interesting and the instructor had a lot of information but he delivered it in a very slow boring kind of way.

Tomorrow they are supposed to start on installing the water heater and furnace and a/c and finish up on Monday. I told them I had to be somewhere (WW) until 9am so to wait for me if they get here before that. It's taken them almost 3 weeks so I figured they can wait for me for a few minutes.

I covered up my snapdragons as I think it just might freeze tonight. Has been very cold, rainy and windy all day long.

I know, about the car still trying to figure out, do I fix these last 2 problems and then will it be good for a long time or will something else happen. Ugh, not sure what to do.

Stay warm and dry!

Sharon

This thread seems to be a conversation between two people. :confused:

I applaud your willingness to be so vulnerable on a public forum, but I thought the point of these forums was to give each other cruising advice. Couldn't you two get each other's email addresses or something? Just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sharon, we got a lot of rain yesterday morning early. But then it looked like we were going to get more, but we never did. It was just overcast and cold and damp the rest of the day. Very cold this morning and I heard the same over the weekend. I also heard much more rain Saturday and Sunday.

I am glad that you had a real good time watching and listening to the Buddy Holly songs. Also that you were still able to go out last night as well.

I agree you have waited long enough, now they all can just wait on you to get back home.

It is a flip of the coin with your car. You know if you put all of that money into it, who can say how long it will be before something else goes wrong. You are good if you do and bad if you do not.

Stay warm and dry,

Kathy

I applaud your willingness to be so vulnerable on a public forum, but I thought the point of these forums was to give each other cruising advice. Couldn't you two get each other's email addresses or something? Just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could come and join us. We have had many over the years. Some come back from time to time and other's just go away.

Kathy

Thanks Riverroad and brojimmy, we started out with a lot of cruising friends and along the way and several years they have went dropped off, so its just me and Kathy and we enjoy keeping up with our daily lives even though it hasn't included cruising for a while now.

Well, up to 8# now at WW, finally got off the 7. something I was hovering over for so long. But then what did I do this afternoon? Stopped at Steak & Shake and had a double, yes a double chocolate shake. Honestly, what's wrong with me!! However this morning did a 5K benefit walk so that should count for something.

Got the walk in this morning but this afternoon has been rainy, cold and very windy. Looks like it might be this way all night long.

Sharon

Sharon, good for you doing that walk yesterday. However I do not know how you were able to do it with the weather the way it was. We drove up to Palatine, as Bill's Aunt had a birthday celebration. Driving was terrible and many accidents. It was good to get back home safely. But still raining hard just now as well as all night long.

Good job in loosing 8 pounds now. Hopefully that double shake will not affect your weigh-in this week. I still have not gone just yet.

I think you are right about the weather. It looks like it will continue to rain all day long and also tomorrow as well. Tomorrow officially May showers, bring May flowers.

Kathy

We got lucky with the walk, it was windy and cold but didn't rain tilll the afternoon.

I covered up my snapdragons Friday night but last night and tonight it is raining so can't cover them.

Got my new furnace and water heater installed on Friday, they are coming back tomorrow to connect the air conditioner and April air. They of course had to shut off the gas to install the furnace but they didn't know how to light the fire place. Guess I will call the gas company to light it.

Yes the rain was really coming down on Saturday, windy too.

Sharon