Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Musica 10221 Bella balcony? Does it have a glass balcony or is it in the metal structure at the rear of the ship? Looking at the pictures I was assuming glass but any information would be comforting.

It is nothing to worry about. It has a glass side highlighted in red for you

muica%2010221.jpg

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Am I right in saying that the only cabins with sofa on Opera are Aurea Suites, Pete, do you know? It looks that way on the deck plans.

I don't know, but looking at the technical info for Opera I would say you were correct

Pete

I don't know, but looking at the technical info for Opera I would say you were correct

Pete

Cheers! I thought you might know as you've sailed on her a number of times and maybe had different cabin types.

I'm looking at Opera for next year and was considering Aurea experience because of drinks package inclusion but wasn't planning to stretch to a suite. However, I don't think we could forego the extra space in a cabin without sofa for 2 weeks, let alone 1. She obviously differs from Sinfonia in this regard. We had a fantastica cabin for our 4 nighter Durban-Durban and it had a sofa!

Cheers! I thought you might know as you've sailed on her a number of times and maybe had different cabin types.

I'm looking at Opera for next year and was considering Aurea experience because of drinks package inclusion but wasn't planning to stretch to a suite. However, I don't think we could forego the extra space in a cabin without sofa for 2 weeks, let alone 1. She obviously differs from Sinfonia in this regard. We had a fantastica cabin for our 4 nighter Durban-Durban and it had a sofa!

The "suites" on deck 12 are lovely, I've had them on Opera and Sinfonia and given that the are Aurea and come with the AI package I found that they were priced about the same as a balcony plus paying for the AI

this is the one we had on Sinfonia

P1040341.jpg

P1040368.jpg

Pete

We had one on Sinfonia for our 7 night E. Med last August (free upgrade) and again in Oct (great price and 20% Black card discount) for the 24 night repo to Durban. In fact, you tipped me off about the terrific area at the front of the ship from where we enjoyed the best viewpoint cruising through the Suez.

At the moment the 'Early booking rate' prices for a 14 night (cruise only) on Opera for Summer 2018 are:

Fantastica balcony €2339

Aurea balcony €2839 (+€500)

Aurea suite €3239 (+€500 +€400)

As you can see, there's quite a difference. Drinks package is €364.

We wouldn't mind paying the extra for an Aurea balcony if it had a sofa. It looks like we'll have to stretch further to a suite for the space and comfort we're used to. Anyway, I'm expecting/hoping those prices will drop at some stage. For now we're just planning next year's trip(s) and choosing itineraries.

Originally wasn't the difference between a cabin and suite was that the suite had a sofa?

We had one on Sinfonia for our 7 night E. Med last August (free upgrade) and again in Oct (great price and 20% Black card discount) for the 24 night repo to Durban. In fact, you tipped me off about the terrific area at the front of the ship from where we enjoyed the best viewpoint cruising through the Suez.

At the moment the 'Early booking rate' prices for a 14 night (cruise only) on Opera for Summer 2018 are:

Fantastica balcony €2339

Aurea balcony €2839 (+€500)

Aurea suite €3239 (+€500 +€400)

As you can see, there's quite a difference. Drinks package is €364.

We wouldn't mind paying the extra for an Aurea balcony if it had a sofa. It looks like we'll have to stretch further to a suite for the space and comfort we're used to. Anyway, I'm expecting/hoping those prices will drop at some stage. For now we're just planning next year's trip(s) and choosing itineraries.

Originally wasn't the difference between a cabin and suite was that the suite had a sofa?

Here are the original specs and footprint of a balcony and a suite on Opera

The main differences being sq. ft. ( no space for a sofa in a balcony cabin), balcony size and a bath .

balcony%20v%20suite.jpg

Pete

Thanks for that, Pete.

Looks like it's going to have to be an Aurea Suite, so.

DH and I have been talking about cutting back on the number of cruises per year we're doing. (It was supposed to happen this year but I still ended up with 4 cruises for 2017 as a result of being unable to resist special offers). Spending a good chunk of the yearly budget on the suite (with flights to Cuba) should strengthen my resolve.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Pete!!

I know the stateroom 10015 on MSC DIVINA is a "metal in-hull" balcony but do you have any idea about the sq ft? Or even better, a pic of what the room really looks like? I believe it has a sofa bed

this is a picture of reportedly 8011 which should be very much the same as 10015.

the sq. ft at 192 (168 living area; 24 bathroom) is the standard size. the balcony will be 42 sq ft.

it does have a sofa bed for 2 guests

P1050195_zpsdxa15d1t.jpg

hope this is OK

Pete

Does anyone have some information about cabin 11222?

it is one of the cabins 2 away from he hump wall, next to a corner cabin, and as such has limited fields of view, but this is off set by having a larger than normal balcony.

the cabin is the standard size :- 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) but the balcony is 78 sq. ft (cf. standard is 42 ) .

here is an Image of what your balcony will be like

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

and this is where your cabin is

marked with a red dot

c139c991-87f9-4de3-8d4d-781bfd5264ba.jpg

#Pete

• 7 months later...
Hi, I've just come across this thread, not sure if it's still in use?

Do you have any info on Aft Cabin 11247 Magnifica? Hoping the balcony isn't one of the juliette ones.

I don't have any info on Magnifica,

I wish I did as I have an aft cabin on here in October on deck 10

In answer to whether it is a Juliet balcony. I've looked at some images and I suspect that deck 12 are Juliet or smaller than standard but I think that deck 11 at standard, but i'm not guaranteeing that.

i'll have a look for ssome more images and if I find a good one i'll post it here for you

Pete

Hi Pete,

My thanks to you also for all of your helpful information. Would you have any information on Divina cabin-11020, I'm thinking it may not be a great balcony view but, hey I can't complain--I will still be on a cruise ship on vacation:)

Thanks again!

Hi Pete,

My thanks to you also for all of your helpful information. Would you have any information on Divina cabin-11020, I'm thinking it may not be a great balcony view but, hey I can't complain--I will still be on a cruise ship on vacation:)

Thanks again!

The cabin is a standard size, 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

it does however suffer from being one of the in-hull metal balconies, so views will be compromised. but as you say it's a balcony cabin, and there to be enjoyed. At least there are no issues with lifeboats limiting the views, nor problems of walls as with some of the cabins in the recesses.

Pete