Be Forewarned - Debarkation at Copenhagen's Ocean Quay Terminal

CI66774

We've had the pleasure of sailing out of and into Copenhagen 7 times. We've always taken a cab to the pier from our hotels. Sometimes you have to weigh convenience and wear & tear vs. cost (and if you're on a B2B you probably have a fair amount of luggage). Depending on the location of your hotel, expect to pay the equivalent of about $50-60US. Enjoy your cruises!

Thanks for the support. We are at the Hotel Bethel which is in the Nyhavn area. The taxi fare sounds about we were expecting but definitely better than trying to get to the Metro and dragging luggage.

Our only questionable situation is getting from the airport to the hotel. I suppose that the answer will be dependent on how much luggage and the weather that day. Might be another taxi to get us there.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to search for the answer to a question I have and couldn't find it so, let me ask it here.

Our upcoming BTB doing the Baltic and then the British Isles back to NY has multiple embarkation ports - Copenhagen, Berlin, St. Petersburg and Glasgow. How does the muster drill work at each of these ports? Since we are doing a muster drill in Copenhagen, do we have to do each of the other ports that have incoming new passengers, or do they have a "special" drill for those passengers?

Our thinking is that they scan you during the first drill, you are not required to attend the others unless you wish to. Maybe you have to stay in your cabin.

The boarding numbers break down 90% at CPH with 5% each at the other two. The "full" muster drill is done only at CPH. At the other two, embarking passengers meet in one room (not their muster stations) and through passengers aren't even aware it's happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
I disembarked from the Regal at Copenhagen's Oceankaj cruise terminal on May 2nd. The first "self assist disembarkation" was scheduled at 0530 but we didn't get off the ship until after 0900 when there were lots of taxis. Traffic congestion was not a problem at that time & on a previous trip we left early from our hotel & had no traffic delays.

If the ship arrives on time, if there are no delays disembarking, if there are enough taxis...that's too many ifs for me to feel confident about making a 0800 flight.

Arriving at CPH at 0720 for a 0800 flight...is that doable? Based on our flight from CPH, I'm very doubtful if that would be enough time to catch your flight.

That would be too much to ask for me but hopefully everything goes perfectly & you'll catch your flight. :)

Hi there, I'm going on this same cruise in June 2017 and booked 8:35am SAS to Iceland. I'm quite nervous if I can make it. Would you please share your experience in 2015? Did you make your 8am flight? Thank you so much

I know how you feel, I was very nervous so much so that I also booked train tickets to Hamburg just in case it was impossible for us to catch our flight but as it turned out we were off the ship early somewhere around 6am if not before, there was a taxi downstairs on the platform which we caught to the airport and we made it there in plenty of time for our flight. There was no congestion on the roads at that time in the morning. I hope that helps.

I know how you feel, I was very nervous so much so that I also booked train tickets to Hamburg just in case it was impossible for us to catch our flight but as it turned out we were off the ship early somewhere around 6am if not before, there was a taxi downstairs on the platform which we caught to the airport and we made it there in plenty of time for our flight. There was no congestion on the roads at that time in the morning. I hope that helps.

Thank you Susie for the help! It's great to hear people's experience. When was your cruise? And what time was your flight? It's such a relief to hear these positive experience. It makes me feel much better!🤗

We did the Baltic cruise last summer (Aug 30). Headed to the port via taxi around 12pm, no traffic or waiting at the terminal. We checked in and walked on board. On our return, we did self walk off at 7am and picked up a taxi with no wait or delays. Taxi drivers are sketchy but not $100 as the orig poster stated. This post is over 3 years old... seems things are better now.

Our cruise was way back in July 2015 - we were organised and made sure we were one of the first off the ship and our flight to Hamburg was at 8am - we were at the airport early in plenty of time to catch our flight.

Our cruise was way back in July 2015 - we were organised and made sure we were one of the first off the ship and our flight to Hamburg was at 8am - we were at the airport early in plenty of time to catch our flight.

Thank you for sharing Susie! I'm planing to do what you did. It was great to hear what people have experienced. Thanks again.