Possible to book through UK site?

Aldri_CA

Hi everyone, we're looking to try out MSC for the first time on the upcoming Seaside ship. We're in Canada, and I have been looking at the US website's prices but somehow stumbled upon the UK website and noticed the rates (even after conversion from pound to CAD) were substantially cheaper on the UK site for the exact same cabin category. Does anyone know if its possible for a North American to book off the UK website or does MSC not allow this practice?

Thank you in advance!

If you mean directly with MSC, then, the simple answer is no.

We in Ireland have to book through MSC UK as they don't have an office here and we can't access UK prices!

That's what I thought, but figured I'd double check. Thanks for your help!

Hi there

Are you not able to book through an online travel agency? That should be ok.

I have booked the Meraviglia through the MSC UK website then, after recommendations through Cruise Criticers, I have booked through that website. All ok and a LOT CHEAPER!!

The UK TA I booked with had a notice (after booking) that that if you didn't have a UK address (for the eticket) you could use their office address. The name of the TA began with viva if that's helpful.

The UK MSC website does have a prominent notice that booking is only possible for UK residents. I'm not sure of the legality of booking UK rates if you are not a resident, or if there would be a penalty if MSC find out. One thing to be aware of is that in general cruise cancellation & change policies are much more restrictive in the UK than US.

Cruise lines call it 'regional pricing'. Princess and HAL do not allow UK residents to book through US agents which is really annoying when there are great promotions available in the US.

A distant relative was able to book a Princess cruise using a 'fake' US address but was rumbled at chick-in and required to pay the difference (US price v UK price) or be denied boarding. They paid up.

Some UK TAs are asking for a UK address for a booking, others aren't. I'm hesitant to book through them in case MSC doesn't let us on for whatever reason (or asks us to pay up the difference at the port as what happened to pp's friends). It would save us approx $1000/cabin but I'm not sure the added stress would be worth it in the end.

This is actually the first time I've been unable to find a Canadian or US TA that can't beat the price/offer that the direct cruise line is offering. I don't remember the last time we booked directly with a cruise line, but most travel agencies are offering the exact same thing as MSC. I think I would rather book directly with the cruise line in this case, but will continue to keep my eye out for North American deals just in case.

Thanks for everyone's help!