Regal/Royal obstructed E630 - noise from outside/public area below?

metairiegal

Has anyone stayed in Regal/Royal obstructed view cabin E630?

It looks down on the outside/public aft deck area. Can you hear noise from people outside on that space below?

Comments and pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

We stayed in cabin E718 on the Royal and the only noise that we heard were the passengers slamming their doors occasionally. Looking at the deck plans it seems that your cabin is out of range of the Vista lounge, I could be wrong. Hopefully, someone who had your cabin will respond. Be prepared for a lot of walking since your at the back of the ship. We sure did a lot of walking the 10 days we were on the Royal. My DH is quite good at direction and knew what elevators went where. Me not so good! We sure got our steps in that cruise. Have a great cruise! Hope I helped a little.

We stayed in cabin E718 on the Royal and the only noise that we heard were the passengers slamming their doors occasionally. Looking at the deck plans it seems that your cabin is out of range of the Vista lounge, I could be wrong. Hopefully, someone who had your cabin will respond. Be prepared for a lot of walking since your at the back of the ship. We sure did a lot of walking the 10 days we were on the Royal. My DH is quite good at direction and knew what elevators went where. Me not so good! We sure got our steps in that cruise. Have a great cruise! Hope I helped a little.

Thanks for your response. Your cabin was more aft than E630. We would be a little forward of the Vista, closer to the stairs/elevators.

Has anyone stayed in Regal/Royal obstructed view cabin E630?

It looks down on the outside/public aft deck area. Can you hear noise from people outside on that space below?

Comments and pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ask Pam, I think she had one.

OP here - still trying to decide! Please bear with me. :)

I've decided that you probably don't hear more noise from people below than you would in a regular Princess balcony. The staggered balcony decks always have people below you.

BUT - now I am wondering something else about E630/E631 on Regal/Royal. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade - can you hear the door slamming shut?? I would hate to hear that 24/7.

*Hoping Pam will see this and respond.*

OP here - still trying to decide! Please bear with me. :)

I've decided that you probably don't hear more noise from people below than you would in a regular Princess balcony. The staggered balcony decks always have people below you.

BUT - now I am wondering something else about E630/E631 on Regal/Royal. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade - can you hear the door slamming shut?? I would hate to hear that 24/7.

*Hoping Pam will see this and respond.*

I thought Pam already responded to you on another thread saying yes you can hear the door slamming?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I thought Pam already responded to you on another thread saying yes you can hear the door slamming?

You are good! :) I always appreciate your responses.

Yes, I am pulling my hair out over this! What can I say? Once we booked a cabin right under the forward treadmills - and I'm worried about making another mistake.

Any hoo, she didn't respond directly to me - I had copied and pasted from a thread that I found doing a search. It is a big decision and I was hoping to get more details directly from her - or anyone else who may have stayed in one of these cabins..

Details like...., is the noise 24/7? Is it only when you are on the balcony? Or, most important, can you also hear it from the cabin?

You are good! :) I always appreciate your responses.

Yes, I am pulling my hair out over this! What can I say? Once we booked a cabin right under the forward treadmills - and I'm worried about making another mistake.

Any hoo, she didn't respond directly to me - I had copied and pasted from a thread that I found doing a search. It is a big decision and I was hoping to get more details directly from her - or anyone else who may have stayed in one of these cabins..

Details like...., is the noise 24/7? Is it only when you are on the balcony? Or, most important, can you also hear it from the cabin?

I would say if it can be heard on the balcony it can be heard in the cabin.

I remember sitting in the DR (deck 6) on the Star near a window and the door to the promenade deck above between explorers and Crooners was slamming every minute or so throughout dinner. It was really nerve racking. :(

I had cabin E630 on the Royal last Nov for a 4 day cruise, and it was perfect! No obstructed view straight out, just a large white box of inflatable life rafts below, and if you looked forward, a view of the lifeboats.

Enjoyed people watching those on deck below, and no noise from them at all. Never heard promenade doors slamming below. I really don't think the deck is used that much. What I did like about the port side is that deck is non smoking, so no vapor trails drifting upward. All the smokers were on starboard side. I would book that cabin again anytime. Off to the Majestic Princess May 14!

We were on the regal a week ago. Our cabin was further aft right over the theater and we never heard anything from below. There were only a few people ever out on that deck and we never heard them at all. You are over the doors, but I think the reference on noise was from cabin doors slamming as they often do if you have your balcony door open. I doubt you will hear the doors to the deck. The deck below you is actually 1 1/2 floors below or more because of the higher ceilings on the promenade deck. I hope this is helpful.

I had cabin E630 on the Royal last Nov for a 4 day cruise, and it was perfect! No obstructed view straight out, just a large white box of inflatable life rafts below, and if you looked forward, a view of the lifeboats.

Enjoyed people watching those on deck below, and no noise from them at all. Never heard promenade doors slamming below. I really don't think the deck is used that much. What I did like about the port side is that deck is non smoking, so no vapor trails drifting upward. All the smokers were on starboard side. I would book that cabin again anytime. Off to the Majestic Princess May 14!

Thank YOU!

We actually booked E630 last night. I didn't want an inside for 10 nights and this obstructed view is a reasonable price.

We booked it after realizing (by much studying of the 2 decks!), that PORTSIDE E630 isn't right under the door to the promenade deck. That is because there are actually restrooms below. On the starboard side, yes, E631 is more under the door. So, the doors to the promenade are not directly across from each other. Just a slight difference - but still. Hope that makes sense - you really have to look at the deck plan to see what I mean.

As far as the smoking side - I didn't even think of that!

Have fun on the Majestic!

We were on the regal a week ago. Our cabin was further aft right over the theater and we never heard anything from below. There were only a few people ever out on that deck and we never heard them at all. You are over the doors, but I think the reference on noise was from cabin doors slamming as they often do if you have your balcony door open. I doubt you will hear the doors to the deck. The deck below you is actually 1 1/2 floors below or more because of the higher ceilings on the promenade deck. I hope this is helpful.

Yes, helpful info! Thank you! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your recommendation and review of cabin E630! We booked it a while back for a cruise in January, 2018. I couldn't tell from other photos how much of an obstruction we would have, with it being an obstructed view balcony. You have eased my mind. I appreciate you taking the time to leave your awesome review! :D

Hello everyone.

We just booked e630 on majestic and would love to know how the room was on the majestic and what the obstruction is.

Some photos would be great too. Thanks

The view from this cabin is the same as on the Regal/Royal with one exeption; Looking aft you will look at the bumpout part of the Mini Suites.

Here is a picture.

https://85dfc850-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald/e432a.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7coJfB9g6ExZaOkaRM4fTO-NmdSVNULsR4y6rIFWyUYpD6G3Bh97pwBwTUsTkmWgr1YBlhKPqqwuQ9hKPpsawHdFAmfPe-qPDwCu9txNq4IM3kxzejfyqPesElz0l3cvu7g0qk0YXHkrG3ooJR3ubdrUFrlF91e4EyvV8ZzV1CV8gD23vquGOkwCzZTat_UYtXvuJXJnrqlMhxJKWGOoTm_k0QsJg93zwp56EfWRHwcXQXy80IU%3D&attredirects=0

Theo