Entertainment/Music/Shows on Viking Star

oneslip17

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me what kind of entertainment/music or shows they do aboard the Viking Star. What they are scheduled like and how many different band/acts they have on board. Thank you for any information!

They have a troupe. they do everything , very good There is one show a night It can be by the pool which you can dance to. Orio in. the theater depending on the night. Of course there is music by the bars and the talks Something for everyone no too much just enough

Music on board is mellow and middle of the road. No steel drums. No cranked up volume to injure our ears.

There is a stage show each night at around 9 pm, currently featuring a troupe of singers and dancers (which on some nights includes the Cruise Director, who always number among their talents a singing voice) but some magicians and other light entertainment is being added (no date has been announced). Among the offerings, there is an ABBA show, a Rat Pack show and a Beatles show and Viking is in the process of swapping out some of the older shows with some new material. Occasionally, when overnight in a port, they may bring local talent on board --like a flamenco dance troupe in Barcelona.Olé!

From late-afternoon on, live music is played in varying venues around the ship -- the first floor of the Atrium, the Wintergarden during 4pm tea-time, the Explorer's Lounge. There is on-board, a keyboard soloist, a guitarist and a classical trio, all playing very mellow music, mean more as background music for socializing than as concert music. The musicians move from venue to venue so that there is a variety of music in the various venues throughout the afternoon and evening.

There is dance music each night in Torshavn, the disco and sometimes they will do additional showing of one or more of the stage shows here. When they do, tickets will be issued because seating in the room is limited. No charge for the tickets.

I'm sure I missed something but others will fill in.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me what kind of entertainment/music or shows they do aboard the Viking Star. What they are scheduled like and how many different band/acts they have on board. Thank you for any information!

I can only speak to what I saw when I was on board in Sept 2016. Things are evolving all the time and may be different now but this was my experience. They have 3 what I would call background acts, Classical trio, accoustic Guitar and piano player. They perform at various venues around the ship depending what is happening. This was a 2 week cruise Schedules and locations vary for each act. I'm not sure how many sets each act has.

There is a combo group that plays in Torshavan with male and female singers and also appear around pool on sailaways and lunch during our sea day

There is a performance group for 8, 4 boys and 4 girls. One couple focuses on dance and the others sing. Sometimes they are lightly scripted shows in the theater or musical tribute to groups or styles as wel,l in the theater or by the pool in various combinations The singers also do an all girls show 3 times and the boys do a rat pack show 3 times in Torshavan.

The dancers were featured in one show while the girls sang.

Entertainers were brought on board 3 times. Two opera singers in St. Petersburg. A violin player in Bergen and a song stylist did a couple of shows on different nights in the main theater.

They join forces a couple of nights when the captain addresses the passengers.

That about covers it. Any other presentations are cultural enrichment but no entertainment value.

• 11 months later...
What time are the evening shows? Have to make dinner reservations - prefer later times but don't want to have to rush to catch the show. Also are the lectures also in evening?Thanks

The evening shows in the Theater were at 7:30 and 9:30 pm.

No lectures in the evening.

What time are the evening shows? Have to make dinner reservations - prefer later times but don't want to have to rush to catch the show. Also are the lectures also in evening?Thanks

Azulann's cruise had an entirely different evening schedule than what we have experienced. On the three cruises we have done the evening show in the theater was at 9:15 each night. Dining room hours were 6-9pm. There was a lecture or port talk nightly at 6:30pm. However, Azulann has sailed since our last cruise and maybe Viking is making some changes.

Azulann's cruise had an entirely different evening schedule than what we have experienced. On the three cruises we have done the evening show in the theater was at 9:15 each night. Dining room hours were 6-9pm. There was a lecture or port talk nightly at 6:30pm. However, Azulann has sailed since our last cruise and maybe Viking is making some changes.

The difference could also be that I was on a TA with 8 sea days out of a 15 day cruise.

I did check a couple the Viking Dailys I kept and the last lecture of the day was 5:00 to 5:45.

TA for us. Busy all day,, Entertained as we wanted. Think Singers who are pretty good. As good as any other Cruise line we have been on at least. No Broadway shows. Beatles & ABBA evenings were a highlight for me. After hours dancing to the beat. All in all we are surprised and happy.

• 4 months later...

Just an update, I cruised in Apr/May this year and Viking is changing their production company providing entertainment. The wandering music acts are still in tact and wandering but the bigger production shows(dinner club entertainment, not Broadway) have improved tremendously. The new company is being phased in as the other company contact expire. They were on 4 month contracts to perform and the second group was phasing in as we disembarked. I spoke with the woman in charge of this as she was bringing one of the male entertainers on board. The Cruise director and assistant also have a bigger presence than they did on my previous cruise. Now the troupe consists of 2 couples. Better presentation on the technical side as well.