Just booked our first cruise.

I was able to gather good information from threads. Found very helpful. I booked the Eastern Caribbean Cruise / Oasis Of The Seas / Stateroom with Balcony. I'm checking on my trip planner and they offer a ton of options.

Any recommendations on must have add-ons now vs on board? I want to add the drink packages, maybe shore excursions. If you guys have recommendations on any activities (couple) please let me know.

Thanks

When are you cruising ?....No need to be in such a hurry...there hopefully will be some sales on your cruise planner before you sail. Prices especially for the internet are high right now.

If you are interested in drink packages and/or internet, you may find them available for a discount in your Cruise Planner.

Thanks will do. I see one for $54 Deluxe with VOOM one device. $200 on board should bring that down a bit.

When are you cruising ?....No need to be in such a hurry...there hopefully will be some sales on your cruise planner before you sail. Prices especially for the internet are high right now.

Cruising AUG. That was I was thinking. I should see some more promos. Popping up as dates gets closer. But I was not sure.

Welcome to CC. Don't do anything until you browse the threads, especially Oasis class related ones, for a week.

Doing my DD. Thanks

I was able to gather good information from threads. Found very helpful. I booked the Eastern Caribbean Cruise / Oasis Of The Seas / Stateroom with Balcony. I'm checking on my trip planner and they offer a ton of options.

Any recommendations on must have add-ons now vs on board? I want to add the drink packages, maybe shore excursions. If you guys have recommendations on any activities (couple) please let me know.

Thanks

WOW !! Oasis for your FIRST cruise ?? That is one BEAUTIFUL ship. :) And sooooo HUGH. My wife and I sailed her in Oct/2013. I loved her, and the only thing my wife didn't like was the crowds. You can say 5400 passengers all day but, till you actually SEE a Windjammer buffet w/almost three THOUSAND folks, some grabbing food, breaking in front of everybody, piling food a foot high, then getting another plate and repeating like they're afraid it'll disappear OR the ship will run out. We didn't do the MDR on her so hopefully that food fight is a little better controlled. :( Not trying too alarm you, just do like most did if you go to the WJ, the courtous people just silently roll your eyes, let 'em heap their plate with piles of food and dash off. Just playful think of it as 'a Drive-By' eating incident.

Mac

WOW !! Oasis for your FIRST cruise ?? That is one BEAUTIFUL ship. :) And sooooo HUGH. My wife and I sailed her in Oct/2013. I loved her, and the only thing my wife didn't like was the crowds. You can say 5400 passengers all day but, till you actually SEE a Windjammer buffet w/almost three THOUSAND folks, some grabbing food, breaking in front of everybody, piling food a foot high, then getting another plate and repeating like they're afraid it'll disappear OR the ship will run out. We didn't do the MDR on her so hopefully that food fight is a little better controlled. :( Not trying too alarm you, just do like most did if you go to the WJ, the courtous people just silently roll your eyes, let 'em heap their plate with piles of food and dash off. Just playful think of it as 'a Drive-By' eating incident.

Mac

haha Nice. We can't wait.

Do some research on your ports before you start booking excursions! You may find that what interests you is easy to do on your own..and you can save a bundle by NOT doing excursions at all! If there are things that require a tour of some kind, ask before you book with the ship...lots of "private" tours that cost less and have fewer folks! (When we say "private", it doesn't mean just you...but a local company that you can book thru!)

Do some research on your ports before you start booking excursions! You may find that what interests you is easy to do on your own..and you can save a bundle by NOT doing excursions at all! If there are things that require a tour of some kind, ask before you book with the ship...lots of "private" tours that cost less and have fewer folks! (When we say "private", it doesn't mean just you...but a local company that you can book thru!)

Good to know. For now, we added few in the cart and will do some more research. Thanks

We did the Allure (sister ship) and the one recommendation I can make is book your entertainment options as soon as they become available. Don't forget the late night comedy show as that is a VERY SMALL room. Also, when booking, consider booking the first showing of each of the 2 big shows. That way in case there is a problem, you can rebook for the second showing. And if you love the first and want to see it again, you can also rebook for the second showing. Also, if you're like me, do a quick spreadsheet of the week and what you have planned and when.

Enjoy your sailing.

Erika

We did the Allure (sister ship) and the one recommendation I can make is book your entertainment options as soon as they become available. Don't forget the late night comedy show as that is a VERY SMALL room. Also, when booking, consider booking the first showing of each of the 2 big shows. That way in case there is a problem, you can rebook for the second showing. And if you love the first and want to see it again, you can also rebook for the second showing. Also, if you're like me, do a quick spreadsheet of the week and what you have planned and when.

Enjoy your sailing.

Erika

Thanks I like that. We reserved the Cats and Comedy show.