B-i-n-g-o

CastMember 02

On Regal Princess they are now using computers and paper. The computer cost too much for me. And I feel it is not worth playing against all the computers playing on paper.

I believe it was $50. or $60. to use a computer.

We paid $40 for 6 cards last year on Island, same on board Grand before that. I enjoyed the game, helps to have a good CD and a drink. Especially liked the progressive jackpot -- by the end of the cruise it can be thousands of $$$!

PS: Just got off RC Oasis, they wanted $80 to play!! Didn't happen.

i only play the last game, last day... best jackpot... minimum $20 for one card for games played that day... now electronic bingo pads allow you to play mutilple cards.. maybe as many as 6 for all games, the pad does all the work... for $60... I played with it only once... heard that those who use the pads usually win. Since I only play last day... not experience to base or valid date what i heard.

P.S. have one twice over the years the big jackpot on the last day....

When on the Royal this past February, a set of 6 bingo cards (4 games) was $30. Many people were using the IPads and to be honest, it seemed to me that they were the ones winning. I chose not to make the iPad purchase. In the past, I have won several times using the papers and markers on previous cruises (I buy one bingo marker ink and bring it back for next cruise!). Cheap of me, I know, but why not?). I enjoy bingo while on board.

Anybody else besides me kind of resent the Ipads???

Is that the computerized type bingo cards? They had that on the Allure and I really disliked it. Yes, you can play a lot more cards and it quickly shows you the ones that are close to Bingo. But to me, it makes it more of a video game, not the fun of card bingo.

I prefer the old style ball machine, not something that is computerized. I don't remember all the particulars but there was one guy on Allure that lost out on the free cruise with some tie-breaker process they had. But, he won the next game in like 6 balls. Too much of a coincidence to me. So many of the games seemed to go so quickly. Lost all of the fun to me.