Ocean view Balcony guarantee vs. Neighborhood view Balcony guarantee on Harmony

We got a very good price for a guarantee Ocean View Balcony, now I see a lower price (-$200.00) on a guarantee Neighborhood View Balcony on Harmony. Would like to know pros/cons between the two. The $200.00 is a good saving due to high air fare we are getting on Sept, but I don't want to change balconies without some advice first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Different balcony types, neighborhood view balconies don't overlook the water, so it really comes down to what you want out of a balcony. We had a Boardwalk Balcony on Harmony and loved to people watch.

Cons: Because they overlook active areas of the ship, neighborhood view can have more noise, depending on what activities are going on at the boardwalk or central park.

Pros: The Neighborhood balconies have the Eat-Drink-Play special offer (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/eat-drink-play?icid=t_drnk_tctclp_tdr_hm_cntntr_8490) and are $200 cheaper.

Really comes down to how important is an ocean view for you

The Central Park may feel a bit closed in and not have a lot of air circulation. The Boardwalk will have very little if any view of the Aqua Theater due to the Abyss. And the noise can be a bit much late at night.

We were just on HOTS last month in the last four BW balcony cabins on deck #9. I booked these cabins long before the Abyss was mentioned but at such a great rate it didn't matter. Would I book them again...probably not.

I would suggest an ocean view balcony...JMHO

It depends. Would you rather see ocean, or would you rather see boardwalk or Central Park?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really don't have any preference, just like to know advantages different balconies have.

Different balcony types, neighborhood view balconies don't overlook the water, so it really comes down to what you want out of a balcony. We had a Boardwalk Balcony on Harmony and loved to people watch.

Cons: Because they overlook active areas of the ship, neighborhood view can have more noise, depending on what activities are going on at the boardwalk or central park.

Pros: The Neighborhood balconies have the Eat-Drink-Play special offer (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/eat-drink-play?icid=t_drnk_tctclp_tdr_hm_cntntr_8490) and are $200 cheaper.

Really comes down to how important is an ocean view for you

Thanks for the advice.

The Eat-Drink-Play isn't available to us, we reserve thru Royals Caribbean Puerto Rico and we get Kids Sail free + 30% off. E-D-P is available thru USA website, so we only get the $200 off if I do the change.

If you have kids, boardwalk would be lovely. The two times my daughter has been in Oasis (at ages 7 and 9) she loved watching the activity from there while I was getting ready. Unfortunately, with a guarantee you wouldn't get to pick.

We don't have children so our point of view may not apply to your family.

We love to leave our curtains open throughout the day and sometimes at night; consequently neither neighborhoods work for us because there is no privacy as you can see directly across to the other side of the ship and must have drapes closed for privacy. Oceanview balcony will always be our choice.

Many people like the ocean view simply because it has an ocean view, so you have to gage its importance. We live on the ocean and decided to try a Central Park balcony the last time we were on the Allure; we liked it very much. We liked the soft music at night and we liked the (recorded) birds chirping during the day. We enjoyed the activity during the day--washing the top of the moving bar, watering the plants, etc--"different strokes for different folks."

Thanks for all the responses, but now I got new information. We got cabin assigned for the ocean view Balcony, it is on deck 6, Aft, Port side.

Is that good or bad cabin?

By which side Harmony dock at ports?

With that information do you keep the ocean view or take the $200 off and the neighborhood view?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the responses, but now I got new information. We got cabin assigned for the ocean view Balcony, it is on deck 6, Aft, Port side.

Is that good or bad cabin?

By which side Harmony dock at ports?

With that information do you keep the ocean view or take the $200 off and the neighborhood view?

Harmony docks mostly on the starboard side. I'd keep the oceanview balcony.