First time using a sofa-bed

I have cruised many times as part of a two-some, therefore never needing the sofa bed.

On my upcoming cruise on the Anthem, however, we are THREE adults in a balcony cabin, deck 11.

My question ..... will the steward set up the sofa bed each evening and put it away in the morning or is that our responsibility?

Hope this is not too silly a question... but I like to know what to expect. Thank you!

We've had 3 sofabeds and 2 different cabin attendants (got the same one in Mar 2016 as we did Jan 2014), and my son's sofabed has NEVER been put away.

Now...we didn't ask even though it bugged us, but still, it's by no means a given that it'll be put away.

And while two of those rooms didn't involve the need for much space (Freedom 1700, Vision side-pano room 7584, and Freedom 1864), but it did reduce the nice sitting spaces during the day.

We've had 3 sofabeds and 2 different cabin attendants (got the same one in Mar 2016 as we did Jan 2014), and my son's sofabed has NEVER been put away.

Now...we didn't ask even though it bugged us, but still, it's by no means a given that it'll be put away.

And while two of those rooms didn't involve the need for much space (Freedom 1700, Vision side-pano room 7584, and Freedom 1864), but it did reduce the nice sitting spaces during the day.

We've been on 11-12 cruises with our daughter, and it's ALWAYS been put away in the morning without asking.

Our son is 22 now, we've cruised many times over the years with him in a sofa bed. It's always been put away automatically apart from once when the cabin steward asked us if that was what we wanted. If I ever had a steward that didn't do it, I would mention it to them.

Julie

Edited by kernow
spelling

My 14 year old has trouble sleeping on them. Not great. We put 5 pillows on it and then 2-3 comforters over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will they give you extra bedding to make it more comfortable? We are going to be using a sofa bed for the first time as well, and not looking forward to the possibility of a cranky preteen 12 year old for a week if she doesn't sleep well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will they give you extra bedding to make it more comfortable? We are going to be using a sofa bed for the first time as well, and not looking forward to the possibility of a cranky preteen 12 year old for a week if she doesn't sleep well.

Yes, just ask the stateroom attendant

I've been on cruises where they didn't but then when asked they will...

As per comfort -- I can sleep on anything but my wife cannot. Young kids I can see not complaining (less than 8 -- random number) but depending on your kids, its very stiff.