Club class experience Island Princess Jan 4 Panama

HaveDogWillTravel

HaveDogWillTravel:

Can you please continue to provide us with CC dining comments? We would love to hear how it was daily / nightly throughout your cruise.

As stated previously, we changed our cabins on our 2 Crown cruises in 2017 to accommodate CC amenities and are so looking forward to learning more.

We also booked a CC Cabin on the Pacific Princess for 2018. I'm not a fan of the "R" ships, so I really want the extra amenities.

Thanks for your time.

I will be sailing on the Pacific Princess in an OS in late June after the conversion to CC. Will post a review if people don't attack me.

I will be sailing on the Pacific Princess in an OS in late June after the conversion to CC. Will post a review if people don't attack me.

Please do tell us about your experiences. Most people want to hear your opinion. Not to worry at all about the others. Thanks!

Please do tell us about your experiences. Most people want to hear your opinion. Not to worry at all about the others. Thanks!

Thanks to all the positive posters. I feel I have received so much useful information from cruise critic that I wanted to give back where I was able.

To quickly clarify, it is I who feel that I shouldn't go to extremes in my nitpick requests in MDR, not the servers. The servers in MDR during traditional dining (our second night) were incredibly accommodating. I overheard others making requests and all were treated with respect and dignity. All that I witnessed were accommodated.

I feel that when I make intensive detailed special requests when sitting with 4 others ( as is our norm in traditional dining) that my requests will slow down their meal. So again it is not the waiters but myself having been raised to be considerate of others that makes me feel less comfortable making my particular level of special requests in MDR whereas in CC I feel I do not impact table mates as we are in two tops (although sharing a bigger table is an option).

Our cc server made it very clear when I inquired that he and all servers treat all passenger requests equally. I think the staff would feel offended if otherwise were implied since they take their commitment to their jobs quite seriously.

Yes we could ask for a two top in traditional dining and yes I could get all requests accommodated. The real advantage to cc is knowing you can go ANYTIME & will not wait ( too bad if you are offended by myself and others willing to pay a fee for this. Start your own OP and complain there just stay off of mine) And having the same wait staff just like traditional dining. You can return for dessert. And by having two tops close you can choose to visit or not. We have met great folks in CC (omg and elsewhere on ship for all you complainers) .....we have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries together. We have enjoyed the flexibility of talking with just us two and also engaging with those around us as well.

It's interesting that some Celebrity cruise folks are watching this. We are new cruisers and it was a hard choice whether to start with princess or celebrity. Princess won out for two reasons: itinerary and price per square foot. I personally am claustrophobic so having a large room with a balcony is not simply a luxury. Those who are similarly afflicted will understand and I really don't need input from those who aren't.

But I will let the celebrity folks know that we have met two couples so far who made the switch from Aqua to CC. They have been favorably impressed. One couple said cc dining was on par and the other said cc was great but not quite as great as aqua class. However they did add that princess entertainment was much better.

We have absolutely loved loved loved every meal. Literally. Everything from the lido deck grill to the buffet to room service to MDR to sabatinis and bayou. We are splurging on Chef's table tonight. So excited!

I saw that people on this board asked about sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers. It is here now and we've been told it's staying. You don't get it with CC though. 😢

The entertainment on this cruise has been just outstanding. The soprano is incredible. Encore is amazing. Everything....... well enough. I'm back to my vacation.

To all the kind people on cruise critic, I apologize for my own snarky remarks above. You know I don't mean you😘

But seems to be coming at the cost of lower standards to everyone else.

I agree with this. We're elite on Princess and I don't think I should be treated any differently except for the perks Princess has given us to be loyal cruisers. There's a difference in being loyal and padding ones palm.

Edited by elliair

Thank you for the info! My friend and I are CC on Royal in June but only because we got an amazing upgrade offer from Princess, no way could we have afforded it otherwise...We are really looking forward to CC dining as we always do anytime and do miss having the same waiting staff each night (especially as I'm a veggie so often have special requests). We are not fancypants cruisers or loaded with money, just enjoying a few perks courtesy of a random upgrade offer [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL yes!

LOL. Given your references to Harry Met Sally, now maybe the flak throwers will understand "Lighten Up, Frances" (Stripes).

Do any of the Celebrity passengers doing CC on Princess have concerns that CC is not an individually dedicated and daily changing menu like in Luminae? When we were onboard Connie, we could order off of the MDR menu, as well. It was great.

This truly sounds like a great match for us and cannot wait for your further postings. We would only want a table for 2. Is that a problem, or would we, by and large, have to share?

Thank You.

Same thing for us, Passy. An offer we couldn't pass up! So, why not? 🤗

Thank you for the info! My friend and I are CC on Royal in June but only because we got an amazing upgrade offer from Princess, no way could we have afforded it otherwise...We are really looking forward to CC dining as we always do anytime and do miss having the same waiting staff each night (especially as I'm a veggie so often have special requests). We are not fancypants cruisers or loaded with money, just enjoying a few perks courtesy of a random upgrade offer [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's interesting that some Celebrity cruise folks are watching this. We are new cruisers and it was a hard choice whether to start with princess or celebrity. Princess won out for two reasons: itinerary and price per square foot.

We cruise on Celebrity in Aqua class and on Princess in standard mini-suite. Yes, the Princess website does show that a mini-suite has more square footage than an Aqua stateroom, but the mini-suite floorplan is all chopped up compared to Aqua. So in reality an Aqua stateroom (or any veranda stateroom for that matter) has the same usable square footage as a mini-suite for about the same price, plus we get a dedicated dining restaurant with Aqua.

We will not be selecting a Club Class mini-suite in the future because for the same price (at least on the itineraries we shop) we can get a Sky Suite on Celebrity with more square footage, dedicated dining restaurant, private lounge with complimentary alcohol, and a lot more perks. In our opinion, Celebrity is a better value.

Our preferred cruise line is Celebrity but we cruise Princess about 50% of the time because of their frequent Los Angeles port departures.

Edited by El Crucero

LOL. Given your references to Harry Met Sally, now maybe the flak throwers will understand "Lighten Up, Frances" (Stripes).

Do any of the Celebrity passengers doing CC on Princess have concerns that CC is not an individually dedicated and daily changing menu like in Luminae? When we were onboard Connie, we could order off of the MDR menu, as well. It was great.

This truly sounds like a great match for us and cannot wait for your further postings. We would only want a table for 2. Is that a problem, or would we, by and large, have to share?

Thank You.

We have always been able to get a two top with no waiting and there have always been two tops still available for additional diners.

Yes the Celebrity folks did mention the dedicated restaurant as being a bit nicer. But they were also enjoying the CC experience.

I do think that the celebrity and princess prices are quite similar and I think it just depends on what deal you can get for the dates and itinerary you need.

I agree with this. We're elite on Princess and I don't think I should be treated any differently except for the perks Princess has given us to be loyal cruisers. There's a difference in being loyal and padding ones palm.

Hope they don't downgrade the Elite perks.

Well said....:):):)

Bob

• 3 months later...

Our first Princess cruise in years was 4/9 on the Majestic Princess and we had booked a suite. Nobody told us about CC dining until three days after we boarded. It was nice for us, because it was Anytime Dining with the same servers every night, who we really liked. There was never a line for anybody on either side when we went (5:30, we're old lol) and no tableside presentations. Apparently there was a special menu for us. The first night there was nothing, the second night was lobster night and our specialty was Lobster Thermidor, which I dislike, but I couldn't understand our server's accent so I ordered it. Our third night there, they forgot to tell us about the specialty, but heard about it when they told a table next to us. Not hoity-toity, not class-conscious. The CC breakfast was in the Crown Grill.

This is actually what has happened with all the US legacy airlines: basic coach has been greatly diminished, while (Premium Economy has been recently introduced, with the US Big Three) First & Business cabins keep getting bigger and more Luxuries. Compared to the 1980's, where coach was a comfortable place, with hot meals, drinks, playing cards, movies, etc.: all this is stopped, while coach is now more like a 16th Century, Spanish Slave Galleon".

We are in a new era, spend the cash, or get little in return: less and less, by the year!

Of course, that "comfortable" coach came with a price. Fares were regulated. Cabins were 30 to 60 percent full. Rarely were center seats taken. No rowdy children. Of course, fares were so high only business passengers and the well to do could afford to fly.

Now every flight is full or even overbooked. Fares are so cheap even families can afford four or five tickets to go on vacation.

Airlines and cruise ships are part of the same reality. You can have "comfortable" but it won't be cheap. You can have cheap but it won't be as "comfortable".

Our first Princess cruise in years was 4/9 on the Majestic Princess and we had booked a suite. Nobody told us about CC dining until three days after we boarded. It was nice for us, because it was Anytime Dining with the same servers every night, who we really liked. There was never a line for anybody on either side when we went (5:30, we're old lol) and no tableside presentations. Apparently there was a special menu for us. The first night there was nothing, the second night was lobster night and our specialty was Lobster Thermidor, which I dislike, but I couldn't understand our server's accent so I ordered it. Our third night there, they forgot to tell us about the specialty, but heard about it when they told a table next to us. Not hoity-toity, not class-conscious. The CC breakfast was in the Crown Grill.

I don't think the CC breakfast was in the Crown Grill. It would have been in a special section of the same dining room as the normal breakfast. The breakfast in the Crown Grill was the special suite breakfast (not available to people in CC mini-suites).

I believe a lot of the negative feedback is pure jealousy. Everyone wishes they could go first class, all the time and resents people who can. You get more when you pay more. If you sail in a suite you get a complimentary mini bar too , why is that perk not pulled apart? You get more services when you pay for them, simple capaitalism.