Adventure of the seas, first time to NJ?

And Voyager was prior to that - it was the first ship in Bayonne (and our first RCI cruise, I think its second or third sailing).

Before my time.

Did Explorer go straight to Bayonne from Turku?

Hasn't Adventure spent almost its entire career sailing out of San Juan? It is going to seem odd o have the ship doing itineraries from different home ports.

Except for some summer stints in Europe, I cannot remember Adventure being anywhere else.

Adventure was the first cruise ship to enter New York harbor after September 11. This was during her maiden voyage.

So it was just some sort of PR visit, right? She was not based there for regular revenue cruises.

So it was just some sort of PR visit, right? She was not based there for regular revenue cruises.

Correct, but I believe the christening ceremony was done in NY as well. Captain Remo told me the story about her arrival into the city so close after the tragedy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Before my time.

Did Explorer go straight to Bayonne from Turku?

No, Explorer started in Miami and stayed there until 2006(?).

I know Voyager, Explorer, and Navigator were all doing the Sat-Sat and Sun-Sun sailings out of Miami until May 2004 when Voyager went to Bayonne.

I believe Voyager stayed in Bayonne until 2006, Explorer moved to Bayonne in 2006 when Freedom came to Miami, and then Navigator left Miami and went to Europe when Liberty came out in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the AOS August 2018. We will be sailing from Bayonne to the Bahamas. Not sure when it starts. We have sailed on the Quantum of the Seas out of Bayonne also and now her sister ship the Anthem sails out of Bayonne. However the Quantum was perhaps the worst ship we have ever sailed on. The ship is poorly designed and cannot accommodate the number of passengers sailing on her.

We were very disappointed so needless to say, will not sail on the Anthem. Glad that the AOS is coming to Bayonne!