Eurodam thoughts

carlp

I was on the Eurodam in March and we had a great time, however, the dueling pianos was not one of the hot spots on my cruise, however, we had two ladies on the pianos and it sounds like maybe after my cruise they changed it up.

I thought the ship itself was in great shape, the food I found to be excellent and the service was as always, spectacular. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We make it a point to look for wear and tear because some people on this board seem to be obsessed. We found some in one elevator. That's it.

I swear that we were on a different ship than some of you.

Make sure you take photos to prove your case. I always do.

We make it a point to look for wear and tear because some people on this board seem to be obsessed. We found some in one elevator. That's it.

I swear that we were on a different ship than some of you.

Make sure you take photos to prove your case. I always do.

I have no photos - Not enough problems to be bothered documenting it. One thing our group commented on was how clean the ship was. Really, nothing I saw was worth worrying about. A nice ship!

Am following this thread....and enjoying all the different opinions...I'm pretty sure we'll love the Eurodam...we liked the NA...and the Koningsdam...those are the two newest Hal ships we've sailed. We also like Carnival's Fantasy class ships which are getting a bit old and worn...but we still love them...We are easy cruisers...just give me a decent bed...and a workable bathroom...and I'm good!!

Am following this thread....and enjoying all the different opinions...I'm pretty sure we'll love the Eurodam...we liked the NA...and the Koningsdam...those are the two newest Hal ships we've sailed. We also like Carnival's Fantasy class ships which are getting a bit old and worn...but we still love them...We are easy cruisers...just give me a decent bed...and a workable bathroom...and I'm good!!

Carnival's Fantasy was our very first cruise! I love that size ship too.

We're easy cruisers too...I don't worry too much about a worn carpet here or there or peeling paint...heck my house was built in 2003 and even though we are very picky about keeping everything in good condition, wear and tear happens.

If you think about the number of people that are on a cruise ship every year, it's amazing they look as good as they do.

I have too much to worry about every day at work so when I'm on vacation I go to relax. Unless the place were falling apart around me I don't let it bother me. lol

Ach, despite my observations (and it really is only because trouble shooting was part of my previous job), we had a great time. We definately aren't the type to let stuff like this get us down. We were the two nuts on their balcony for 4 hours (most of it in the dark) watching the drug cartel take down in Huatulco. Me in my old granny pajamas, and my DH in his undies, both with binoculars! It was fascinating. Oh, as to the question re the glass elevator in the dark?? You can't see ANYTHING in night time :)

It was confirmed by Captain that they enacted a Level 3 Norovirus Outbreak status. Personally........... dealt with this stuff for years, I think because they contained it so well, in fact too quickly... that some people ate indiscriminately in Huatulco! Would love to know how many actual people were symptomatic?

Did the last 7 day sailing at the start of this month. Best cruise so far and we can't wait to be back on Holland. Brought teenagers and they liked it much more than Royal and Carnival. Very nice ship with great service. I really didn't see any areas that were in bad shape except the bathroom needed a lit refresher, but I would not hesitate to book her again. Ship was spotless and I couldn't tell it was 8 years old. We went on the Independence of the Seas that just a year older and man it needed work. Kudos to HAL for taking great care of their ships!

We loved the size of the ship and it wasn't uncommon to see the same people over and over again passing through the hallways or at the lido. Did not get that experience on any other ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok- I have been thinking about all that people have said about the Eurodam. When someone asks (or you do a review), you to try to say both + and - points to give an unbiased report, but for some reason the negatives tend to be heard much more. Soooo, I think we need to celebrate all the positives of this ship ... cause we really like her.

I will take POA1's advice and post some photos .... and guess what, she looks beautiful in all the photos I have! So I will post the photos I have, to show how nice she is -some you will have seen on many other threads, but when it looks good, it's hard not to snap a photo. If anyone else has some new photos, please join in.

I was going to do a photo review of the whole cruise, but I might as well do it in 2 parts and post the ship photos on this thread and put the port info on the Panama board.

We boarded April 8 in Ft Lauderdale and depbarked in San Diego on April 24 - (16 days of luxury) Ports visited were: Aruba, Panama Canal, Puntaranus Costa Rica, Corinto Nicaragaua, Puerto Quetzel Guatamaula, Huatulco, Manzanillo, and Cabo San Lucas

34215857561_486a642266_b.jpg

The Eurodam in Huatulco, Mexico

34215858281_264ea62682_b.jpg

34215855711_dd0cf6d078_b.jpg

34215856661_7fc3b8ba3e_b.jpg

Sunset seen from the Tamarind Lounge

34288560825_0d2716b982_b.jpg

Mary, thank you so much for the beautiful photos I really enjoyed them!

You're so right that people do tend to focus on the negative part of the reviews...I try to focus on the middle of the road reviews when we're choosing hotels, ships etc. and I do appreciate when people list the good and the not so good.

I'm looking forward to boarding Eurodam next Saturday and I just received a great cabin assignment so we're even more excited!

I sailed the Eurodam in January. I had previously sailed on her back in 2010. All the suites and common areas had been refurbished. The colors were more tasteful and neutral. The only "retro" areas I saw were the elevators and the bathroom by the aftvpool. They were left in the old orange. The carpets and furniture were in excellent condition. Our Neptune suite looked brand new. The dining room food was excellent. Having sampled many specialty restaurants at sea, the Pinnacle remains a top choice. Tamirand comes in a close second. I would sail the Eurodam again in a heartbeat!

Here are some pics of the fabulously talented musicians on our Panama Canal Cruise.

We really enjoyed the deck 2 Music Walk either as a destination during the evening or listening in as a walk-by (dance-by).

Billboard Onboard - Duelling Pianos, Megan and Ted

34367815915_f32ff6fb09_h.jpg

34367815115_a51c241754_h.jpg

34367815475_2aad6dc50a_h.jpg

BB King's All-Stars

34367816305_d516e5ad19_h.jpg

Lincoln Centre String Quintet - Near the level 2 dining room

34367814605_94b58ca69b_h.jpg

And on the lido deck at the pools, the steel pan player was great. He also gave lessons every sea day.

34367816955_7332898a89_h.jpg

You're so correct marysb. Some folks only dwell on the negative in posts. There are good and bad in everything, that's the beauty of being able to research and read.

Here is a pic of the cabin (Sig Suite 6089) beside the glass elevator. (taken from far side of balcony).

The other taken inside looking out towards sea

1.jpg.99ccedd485166a5894ec060efc859757.jpg

2.jpg.248094bbb81ff2d091757d18dd945d62.jpg

We were on her this past September in the Med.

Will be on her again after our trip on the Maasdam this coming 2018. Doing her round trip out of our home town San Diego doing Hawaii/Tahiti on March 9/2019.

She is wonderful and in great shape! Both her and The Nieuw Amsterdam in a heart beat! Have done 4 cruises on The Nieuw and 3

On The Eurodam

Denise:)

The new gallery lounge is stunning - probably the most impressive lounge I have seen on any ship. Photos don't do it justice but it is a nice blend of traditional and modern styles.

34372091025_7bbdf370a0_h.jpg

34372094165_c9428bae44_h.jpg

34372089745_d8db5be3fc_h.jpg

The flower arrangements on this ship were very unique and beautiful. There were two of these stunning, very large arrangements- one by the Pinnacle Grill and one in the deck 2 forward elevator area. It was fun to see people checking to see if the flowers were real (yes they are)

34372140975_1102d78864_h.jpg

The retreat while sailing on Gatun Lake

34372142175_2c318f4b65_h.jpg

Always love the beautiful doors on HAL ships

34213767332_bba6be2c91_c.jpg

Oh my goodness that flower arrangement is spectacular!!

Marysb these are the best pictures I've ever seen of the Eurodam...they should hire you to photograph their ships for their brochures and website!