Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Welcome home Spins ...... a fresh champers has been placed at the bar to welcome .....

Sadly the little fellow who has been scurrying around our kitchen and terrorising wifey has been caught in the Nutella trap. Hate doing it ... but needs must.

0d8f3c4d77b8bf7aa144ec2623605381.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's only 03:20 in the Cooler bar .... and everyone has gone to bleedin' bed. What a soft lot you are. I'm sitting at the bar all by myself with a log fire, half a pint of armagnac (no cherry or slice) with only my QC35s and Toots and the Maytals to keep me company.

Dereliction of duties I call it.

:)

80dd7ce3149f93fa451b4a586cfebc79.jpg

It's only 03:20 in the Cooler bar .... and everyone has gone to bleedin' bed. What a soft lot you are. I'm sitting at the bar all by myself with a log fire, half a pint of armagnac (no cherry or slice) with only my QC35s and Toots and the Maytals to keep me company.

Dereliction of duties I call it.

:)

80dd7ce3149f93fa451b4a586cfebc79.jpg

The fat mouse would have kept you company Jeffers 😝

We are all lightweights l guess.....although l was actually awake at that time reading........😃

Greetings Coolers! We had a brief taste of summer on Friday with temps around 25 C. Didn't last long though. Back to low teens C now and overcast skies along with it.

Sorry you were left unattended J! :) What is the punishment for dereliction of duty here? Are we sentenced to a term of isolation, deprived of yummy food pics, lively Cooler conversation and subject to an increase in Cooler dues? In that case I plead Not Guilty by reason of Temporary House Guests. I look forward to a speedy trial.

JP...Have a great time at your reunion gala! Were you able to recognize everyone? Sounds like great fun!

Thanks for the bubbles Spins! :)

Miss S.....Hope you are feeling better!

Have a great day all!

Sorry Jeff, went to bed early last night. We are working hard to pull out tree and bush stumps so fence posts can go in! It is a lot of manual labor!

I am making Korean BBQ tacos tonight. Also, thinking of taking on Jeff's miracle broth. I actually found the Lime Leaves at my favorite specialty grocery store yesterday!!!

JP, have fun. I personally avoid reunions, but reconnecting can be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning Coolers,

Dark and rainy this morning, Jeff your fireplace looks inviting. Pity the mouse, not even the Broth of God could save him. I go to reunions; I attended my high school class 50th. I was lucky it was a fine bunch of people who have remained in touch over the years. Lately, Facebook has been the gelatin to keep us together. Enjoy yourself, JP!

Went to DH high school reunion...some years ago. He grew Six inches taller after high school which made it pretty amusing to see the reaction of astonishment from his peers, who BTW, are all ten years older than I.

The reunion was ok for a bit, but then all of the talk of those high school years I hadn't been a part of became not so fun for me. I stoically endured the event but I realized I could never take DH to my reunion, nor would I want to go back to that again.

I think med school might be very different, and I know DH has kept in touch with many of his classmates from that experience.

In my mind, I compare it to my nursing school experience and then subsequent law school Socratic torture test. Such a grueling and life changing time.

Saw you were awake Jeff. I sent a message by telepathy.

I too worked outside yesterday, with all of the sun we have its a challenge to keep the yard jungle under control.

More sun today, likely more outside work to be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Good afternoon Coolers ......

I don't know about others, but I am beginning to succumb and perhaps even try to embrace in a positive frame of mind those things that seem to change as one gets just a touch older. So staying up every night to 4:30 ish and listening to music and reading and having those moments in the house when all is quiet is I guess time that is gained in life rather than wasted time when one might have otherwise been asleep if one is one of those that does sleep more. And I feel really bad about Mickey Mousey because we love mice but simply not running around the kitchen. I wanted to despatch him because he was suffering but I'm not even man enough to do that. And I feel a bit guilty.

Anyway. It's immensely rewarding to see how our little bar has lasted a season or two with the cash till jangling with a few regulars and new people sometimes dipping their toe, sharing disjointed and unrelated and often important as well as trivial topics, all topics receiving the same respectful reception. I guess we have demonstrated that the forums and internet can be happy places if a few are determined to make it so.

Today was F1 qualifying in Russia with a coq au vin and although it looks messy was really good, although next time I am going to compromise the romance of a whole corn fed chicken for simply buying thighs which are perfect for the dish. And I have bitten the bullet and I am buying better red wine ..... au boite du vin rouge is now deceased.

b61561511dc3e56523d8d2dcb6917cf8.jpg

f9258aeb16982f4f1f82b6b94679e8e3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dark and rainy this morning, Jeff your fireplace looks inviting. Pity the mouse, not even the Broth of God could save him. I go to reunions; I attended my high school class 50th. I was lucky it was a fine bunch of people who have remained in touch over the years. Lately, Facebook has been the gelatin to keep us together. Enjoy yourself, JP!

Yes, it is very dark and rainy here in Central Ohio, too. Not that much fun. Prefer the sunny and bright days!! Love the fireplace picture from Jeff. Looks fun, along with all of the very good food pictures. Good luck to J.P. on the reunion.

Last year was my high school's 50th reunion. Worked well. Uniquely at our high school in eastern Ohio, they have it tied into the high school graduation. We were on the stage for this graduation ceremonies, got nice recognitions with the grads, etc. Well done and interesting!! Provided some interesting contrasts and needed perspectives. I live about 70 miles from where I grew up and do not get back there that much. A number of my classmates live here in this part of Ohio, but most of us are fairly busy with our own lives, families, etc. Nice, however, connections, chatting, etc., for such a reunion. And, we're still alive and well. Of our 1966 high school class of 208 students, 38 have passed away. BUT, that means 82% of us are still alive and kicking. Some look pretty good. Others, not so much. "Time and Change"?? Yes, it happens!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 224,200 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at: www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I'm going to show my age, but I just got the invite to my 10 yr undergrad reunion!!! I laugh because last year DH refused to go to his 50th high school reunion. Yes, there is a large age gap..... but what matters is love.

Cam, lovely sentiments. Some people are not accepting, or assume I'm after money! Haha news to them! I'm the one working!

Anyway, we had a delightful dinner of wonderful flavor and crunch. I have to give DH his dues, he was an awesome sou chef tonight to help timing come together for piping hot meat and crisp veggies.

62ac83fdc36ab439d8780e38a80904f2.jpg