Quick breakfast before morning tour (Marina)

Harters

Just wondering if the Concierge Lounge would be our best option for a quick breakfast, prior to an 8.45 tour?

Juice, coffee and carb is all that's needed.

TIA

Breakfast room service starts at 6:30 am. Just out the order card out at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Waves Grill opens at 6:30 and the Terrace at 7:30 for even more choices.

Both of these would allow you plenty of time for breakfast before your 8:45 AM tour with more choices and in more comfort than either the Concierge lounge or your Concierge cabin.

Lots of choices - your pick.

Edited by Paulchili

We want more of a real breakfast before a tour. So I'd never suggest the lounge. (And of course that isn't an option on the "R" ships.)

When we are in a suite (which is more usual for us) we will order breakfast in our room. On the recent cruise where we took a downsell to a B1 room on Nautica, we went to Terrace for breakfast on tour days. We had no problem getting out in time, even when we asked for omelets made to order.

If we don't have a tour we prefer going to the GDR but I agree with that isn't a good idea when time is of the essence.

If you are in a veranda room or below, at least for *us* it's not feasible to have breakfast in your room. Because there isn't enough space. That's why we went up to Terrace on the days when we had tours when we were in the B1 cabin. There were a couple of times when our tour left late enough that breakfast in the GDR was feasible so that's what we did because we just love the lamb chops and eggs benedict ...

Mura

We want more of a real breakfast before a tour. So I'd never suggest the lounge. (And of course that isn't an option on the "R" ships.)

When we are in a suite (which is more usual for us) we will order breakfast in our room. On the recent cruise where we took a downsell to a B1 room on Nautica, we went to Terrace for breakfast on tour days. We had no problem getting out in time, even when we asked for omelets made to order.

If we don't have a tour we prefer going to the GDR but I agree with that isn't a good idea when time is of the essence.

If you are in a veranda room or below, at least for *us* it's not feasible to have breakfast in your room. Because there isn't enough space. That's why we went up to Terrace on the days when we had tours when we were in the B1 cabin. There were a couple of times when our tour left late enough that breakfast in the GDR was feasible so that's what we did because we just love the lamb chops and eggs benedict ...

Mura

There's enough choices on that room service card to choke a horse and plenty of room in A & B cabins to have juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt and baked goods or cereal. Save the eggs Benedict for a sea day.

There's enough choices on that room service card to choke a horse and plenty of room in A & B cabins to have juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt and baked goods or cereal. Save the eggs Benedict for a sea day.

Isn't it nice to have choices? That way we each can do what we like - and it's likely to be different for each of us.

Mura

Totally agree with everything Mura said including the lamb chops and eggs benedict. We eat in the MDR for breakfast except when there is any early tour. We stay in a B cabin and have had breakfast served there and it is just too tight and uncomfortable. Also, you cannot get a hot breakfast in the B level cabins (only cold). I get some coffee at baristas and head for the Terrace Cafe or Waves. I also have a "thing" about eating food where I sleep but that is my hangup from when I was young and told no food in your room.

If you are early risers on the Marina, the pastries, juice, coffee and I think some fruit is out by about 6:30 in Horizons (sometimes a little earlier). It is quiet and the view is nice. The Concierge lounge also put out pastries etc fairly early but it is smaller and no view (but newspapers and computers). There are also pastries between the coffee bar and the library pretty early. Terrace and Waves are fine but these other areas are nice for just juice, coffee, and carbs too.

Also the Horizon Lounge offers an early buffet breakfast.

Horizons has 3 kinds of pastries, cold, Juice, coffee, milk and some fruit jam and butter.....not a real buffet

You'd be better off in the terrace at 7:30 Waves is a continental buffet, cheese, cold cuts, cereals, coffee juices, pastries cold, all manner of fruit but nothing hot or cooked. The terrace is where I would head, with maybe 50 items, eggs, every way you can think bacon sausage, berries, fruit, toasts, hot and cold cereal Ham, ....potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, .....benidicts, omelets, ......coffee teas, juices, and about everything your little heart could imagine.... plenty of time to make a o830 tour... which you will meet in the ships theater.... not the pier... it takes about 10 min from the Terrace to the theater... you have 50 min to sit down grab some protein , carbs are hollow and will be gone in short.....Balance your intake for a full day ashore :rolleyes:

The concierge lounge, if your ship even has one, is the last place Id want to go for food of any sort:(

Thanks to all. The Concierge Lounge is just down the corridor from our room so does seem to be an easy place to grab food. Room service also an option to eat while getting ready - I hadnt thought of that. As mentioned, our usual breakfast needs are minimal - rarely more than the juice, coffee and carbs.

Thanks to all. The Concierge Lounge is just down the corridor from our room so does seem to be an easy place to grab food. Room service also an option to eat while getting ready - I hadnt thought of that. As mentioned, our usual breakfast needs are minimal - rarely more than the juice, coffee and carbs.

Caution...on eating in the cabin and getting ready at the same time.....you have a very small space to operate iadd in trays of food and that further complicates things........its not a palatial dining area...

Horizons has 3 kinds of pastries, cold, Juice, coffee, milk and some fruit jam and butter.....not a real buffet

You'd be better off in the terrace at 7:30 Waves is a continental buffet, cheese, cold cuts, cereals, coffee juices, pastries cold, all manner of fruit but nothing hot or cooked. The terrace is where I would head, with maybe 50 items, eggs, every way you can think bacon sausage, berries, fruit, toasts, hot and cold cereal Ham, ....potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, .....benidicts, omelets, ......coffee teas, juices, and about everything your little heart could imagine.... plenty of time to make a o830 tour... which you will meet in the ships theater.... not the pier... it takes about 10 min from the Terrace to the theater... you have 50 min to sit down grab some protein , carbs are hollow and will be gone in short.....Balance your intake for a full day ashore :rolleyes:

The concierge lounge, if your ship even has one, is the last place Id want to go for food of any sort:(

Waves does have eggs made to order, bacon, ham, sausage, potatoes etc. At least it did on Riviera in October

Waves does have eggs made to order, bacon, ham, sausage, potatoes etc. At least it did on Riviera in October

The R ships just have continental style at Waves but if on the largers ships Waves is less hectic than the Terrace