Majestic princess

Macknade

I am looking at booking aft room on majestic princess for next year Sydney New Zealand Sydney would like to know if level 11 aloha deck would be about mid ship.

If anyone has stayed in aft cabin and what was it like on the balcony.

I have notice when looking for cabins the aft have four different size cabins. 242sqft 244sqft 284sqft 312sqft.

The 312sqft aft are on deck 14 and 15. Would they be to high up and roll around a bit?

Cheers!:p

I am looking at booking aft room on majestic princess for next year Sydney New Zealand Sydney would like to know if level 11 aloha deck would be about mid ship.

If anyone has stayed in aft cabin and what was it like on the balcony.

I have notice when looking for cabins the aft have four different size cabins. 242sqft 244sqft 284sqft 312sqft.

The 312sqft aft are on deck 14 and 15. Would they be to high up and roll around a bit?

Cheers!:p

What cat/type of balcony?

What do you mean by "level 11 Aloha Deck"?

While higher rooms may experience slightly more roll than lower rooms, I think the 'benefit' of booking low, midship rooms to avoid motion is mostly psychological. I estimate 90% of the time I've spent on cruise ships, I could feel no motion whatsoever... anywhere on the ship. Think of this - if you are in heavy seas, the entire ship will be moving through 'space' on three axises... and the benefit of being low will be minimal in comparison to the total motion every room on the ship will experience.

Thanks for your reply.

The majestic princess has from what I have researched has 19 decks and aloha deck is number 11, the aft balcony decks start at deck 8,9,10,11,12,14,15. So when you look at it this way 11 is mid ship.

Have you stayed in the aft at all?:):)

Aloha is deck 12 and 'midship' refers to horizontal position not vertical.

I've never been on the Majestic; but for a couple of reasons, I've alway booked aft rooms on the highest deck possible on: Sun Class & Grand Class ships, and the Diamond, Sapphire and Emerald Princesses. However, the Majestic is a different design and I would book a room on Lido Deck (16). There are no aft rooms on Lido.

Thanks for your reply.

The majestic princess has from what I have researched has 19 decks and aloha deck is number 11, the aft balcony decks start at deck 8,9,10,11,12,14,15. So when you look at it this way 11 is mid ship.

What cat/type of balcony?

Thanks for your reply.

The term midship is used to refer to the locations of the cabins from forward to aft, not vertically by deck. On Majestic decks 9-14 are considered Middle Decks, and Aloha is slightly above the middle of the ship in height - there are at least four decks below the first deck with cabins.

Personally I would choose a cabin on decks 9-11 on Majestic (I have actually booked a cabin on Dolphin deck), I prefer to be lower down in the ship, and usually try to get a midships cabin. I have cruised in an aft cabin on a smaller ship and things did get a bit bouncy at times, plus there was quite a lot of vibration. However that ship was much older.

If you check the deck plans again, you'll see that the bigger cabins are classed as premium cabins, which essentially means you pay more and get a small sofa instead of a chair. In some cases the balcony may be slightly larger. The deck plans do give a good indication of the relative balcony sizes - flick between a couple of decks and you should see the difference.

If you check the deck plans again, you'll see that the bigger cabins are classed as premium cabins, which essentially means you pay more and get a small sofa instead of a chair. In some cases the balcony may be slightly larger. The deck plans do give a good indication of the relative balcony sizes - flick between a couple of decks and you should see the difference.
The balcony cabins with slightly bigger cabins and loveseats are actually called Deluxe Balcony cabins and are category D cabins. The category B cabins are slightly smaller cabins with only a chair. Both categories can have Premium cabins which end in a number rather than a letter. Premium cabins are based on the locations that Princess considers the most desirable. On the Majestic (and Royal and a Regal) there are category D4 Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins located all of the way aft on decks Emerald through Marina. Balconies on Baja and Dolphin decks are significantly larger and half covered. Balconies on Marina and Riviera decks are significantly larger and fully uncovered. Added only on the Majestic are about 60 category D4 cabins forward and aft on Dolphin deck. These also have significantly larger balconies that are half covered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums