Current Concierges continued discussion

The new version is nice. But I was also wondering about tracking the Genies.

I like to know where they are too.

Thanks. We decided as there were very few updates or information about the Genies to only track the Concierges.

A Genie tracking thread and spreadsheet might be a good project for another Cruise Critic poster to maintain -- especially one who was familiar with their rotations.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Mangesh, concierge on the Vision. He was amazing, and truly one of the best things about the ship! The best conceige we've ever had!
Mangesh -- MJ is a fabulous concierge. He was our DL Concierge on FR and we would like to sail with him again. I keep checking out itineraries of ships he is on.

Our third (new) Google Doc administrator emailed the concierges and got some good responses. She updated the Google Doc.

IndependenceOf the Seas

Concierge in CL - JackieYabut -- Vacation start date- August 12th, 2017

Concierge on vacation - Felix Vargas Return Date- August12th, 2017

DL - Patricia D' Costa Vacation start date – 4-23-2017;

Rhapsody—

CL -- LigiaKandler until 4-23-2017

Alan del Fierro starts4-23-2017 (Trans-Atlantic) from Philippines.

DL Givago Amaro Da Silva.

Freedom

CL -- Bertrand Almeida (Bertie) -- until September or October

Brilliance

CL - Mihaela Toana

DL - Rafael Soares

The CL and DL Concierges switch between the lounges. The deal it is to have 3 months of theircontracts in each lounge as it's only fair towards each other.

Below is the link to the Google Doc that only the 3 administrators can make updates/changes to:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Our third (new) Google Doc administrator emailed the concierges and got some good responses. She updated the Google Doc.

IndependenceOf the Seas

Concierge in CL - JackieYabut -- Vacation start date- August 12th, 2017

Concierge on vacation - Felix Vargas Return Date- August12th, 2017

DL - Patricia D' Costa Vacation start date – 4-23-2017;

Rhapsody—

CL -- LigiaKandler until 4-23-2017

Alan del Fierro starts4-23-2017 (Trans-Atlantic) from Philippines.

DL Givago Amaro Da Silva.

Freedom

CL -- Bertrand Almeida (Bertie) -- until September or October

Brilliance

CL - Mihaela Toana

DL - Rafael Soares

The CL and DL Concierges switch between the lounges. The deal it is to have 3 months of theircontracts in each lounge as it's only fair towards each other.

Below is the link to the Google Doc that only the 3 administrators can make updates/changes to:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

I think switching is a terrible idea and not fair at all. The diamond lounge should be reserved for the more "junior" concierge. Moving to the CL should be a move up situation. On a recent sailing where a very new concierge was in the CL and was in way over her head. The more senior and experienced Concierge was so over worked trying to handle requests from both lounges. That was not Fair!! Just my opinion. No darts please!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Diego just emailed that he will not now be boarding Jewel til 15 May. Bummer. We love him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is too bad. I thought he would be back on beginning with the TA out of Puerto Rico on April 23.

Anyone know who will be the Conicierge in the CL? We board May 6 in Rome.

I really hate that they jerk these concierges around with their schedule. They

are constantly getting extended, shortened, transferred with little or no notice.

I don't know about you, but seeing some of our concierge friends play a large

part in what cruises we plan.

On another note, Felix on the Indy was supposed to be on vacation but now

got extended to do the crossing. See what I mean? So Felix is still in the CL.

I was looking forward to meeting Diego on the Jewel as we had already corresponded several months ago. Romina, who has been on Jewel and will be on until May 15 was very quick with a reply to me earlier this evening. I am looking forward to my first Med cruise in a few weeks. (One of the roll call memebrs for April 23 TA received the standard "welcome" email from Diego a short time ago, so this was certainly a last minute switch in plans.)

I love Diego, but Romina is wonderful, as well. We had the pleasure of sailing with her last April, on Radiance, and she was pleasant, efficient, and overall a pleasure to have as Concierge.

Over the years we have found it problematic to try to match a cruise with a crew member's schedule. After trying one too many times to do it, we realized there are too many variables. It's very nice when it happens. :)

I love Diego, but Romina is wonderful, as well. We had the pleasure of sailing with her last April, on Radiance, and she was pleasant, efficient, and overall a pleasure to have as Concierge.

Over the years we have found it problematic to try to match a cruise with a crew member's schedule. After trying one too many times to do it, we realized there are too many variables. It's very nice when it happens. :)

I have been emailing Romina about our May 6 Jewel cruise - just 2 weeks from today - yippee - from Rome and she has been very quick to respond and very helpful.

I was glad Felix had it extended, because I got to see him on the Indy in April.

Good news for him is he gets more than 2 months off after the crossing.

Now I get to sail with him in November and January.

Awesome concierge.

On another note, MJ from the Vision should be vacationing somewhere between July through September.

If all goes as planned the person hoping to see him in October should be able to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I apologize if I am asking something that should be obvious.

Where is the Diamond Concierge Lounge on Vision of the Seas? I saw there is a a Diamond Concierge for Vision, but perhaps he just has a desk somewhere on the ship?

I am looking at cruising with friends who normally don't do suites, and I am hoping I will at least have access to a concierge by being Diamond. If not, I will still be happy to be on a ship!

I apologize if I am asking something that should be obvious.

Where is the Diamond Concierge Lounge on Vision of the Seas? I saw there is a a Diamond Concierge for Vision, but perhaps he just has a desk somewhere on the ship?

I am looking at cruising with friends who normally don't do suites, and I am hoping I will at least have access to a concierge by being Diamond. If not, I will still be happy to be on a ship!

The Diamond Lounge on Vision is on the starboard side of the Some Enchanted Evening lounge on deck 6.

Radiance Update from JD

CL: Juan Diego Miranda-Allen from March 28 until May 5, replaced by Ricardo Sanchez

Vacation: Until June 25 back to Concierge Lounge

DL: Laura Bernard from March 28 until June 25, replaced by Ricardo Sanchez

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...EF4/edit#gid=0

Thanks for the information. I updated the Google Doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

As reported, during ring the 2018-2019 season, Mariner ofthe Seas will

be re-positioning from Asia to Miami. This ship will sail a 3 month i with a lengthy three-

segment called "Global Odyssey" with 3 segments boarding in Singapore, Dubai and Barcelona respectively. The voyage will end in Miami.

Mariner will undergo an extensive drydock and I hope CC posters will keep me informed about the lounges -- Suite or Concierge? Diamond Lounge? -- where these lounges will be? Who can use what lounge? Concierges?