On Your Own Transfers

SweetPease

Staying on our own one night on both ends of our cruise (Oceania hotels are double what we can do on our own as most of you have said). Trying to figure out best way to get from Vancouver Airport to Hotel and then from Seattle Waterfront District to Seattle Airport. (Both hotels are less than 1/2 mile from the cruise terminals, so we will transfer on foot for that portion.) I was able to get an estimated rate on Uber for the Seattle trip and it looks like $55-$67. Would appreciate advice and/or suggestions from those of you who have done this before. Thanks!

Staying on our own one night on both ends of our cruise (Oceania hotels are double what we can do on our own as most of you have said). Trying to figure out best way to get from Vancouver Airport to Hotel and then from Seattle Waterfront District to Seattle Airport. (Both hotels are less than 1/2 mile from the cruise terminals, so we will transfer on foot for that portion.) I was able to get an estimated rate on Uber for the Seattle trip and it looks like $55-$67. Would appreciate advice and/or suggestions from those of you who have done this before. Thanks!

I can tell you have never been to Seattle.... it is VERY hilly and your 1/2 mile lugging bags is going t be a nightmare......plus along the area you have to traverse is filled with homeless and street people. Go with a regular cab.... from experience, a lot of "uber" drivers are, well not people I would care to be around... Its a counter culture hot bed... for that reason I wont ever again depart from Seattle..... but go to Vancouver BC

You dont want to walk... not safe:o Thre is a train/ bus from Vancouver to Seattle

Thanks for the input. Guess I wasn't clear. We are flying into Vancouver and cruising Alaska and cruise ends in Seattle. Transfers are just to airports. You are correct, have never been to Seattle, but the hotel is .2 miles from the cruise terminal. Perhaps we should change hotels? It's a highly rated Marriott. Was advised by friends who have done this trip that we should stay in that area.

Your Hotel in Seattle is walkable. I lived in Seattle for a few years. Dropped my parents off at ports a few times. It will be day time when your disembark. I usually take a shared van from the Airport to our friends house and it's about $65 for three. But, you may get a better Uber deal. Haven't taken an Uber. If you are concerned about the walk go on google maps and walk the walk and you can see what you have to walk past. I did that when I was going to Paris and wanted to know where the Metro stop was in relationship to the rental we booked, it was a 3 block walk but we had 6 carry on's and 2 large suitcases max full. We managed. It helped to walk our route on google maps before hand to know what landmarks we would see. I have done that for our time in Rome after our cruise this summer. I know where our apartment is in relationship to landmarks, so we can walk and not waist our time.

If you’re staying at the Marriott Waterfront in Seattle, you’re correct, it’s just a short walk from the cruise terminal. It’s also flat, no hills whatsoever. There are also not a lot of homeless/street people in this area. There is an elevator one block south of the Marriott that helps with avoiding the hill if you want to head to the core downtown area from the waterfront. If you’re mobile you will be fine with the hilly parts of downtown.

What is your hotel in Vancouver? If it's a downtown hotel then you would take the Canada Line from the airport - it gets you right downtown efficiently and cheaply.

Post #2 seemed to suggest that walking in Vancouver was not safe, which would be total nonsense.

Thanks to everyone for the information. We are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown in Vancouver. Having lived in Paris and Atlanta, we are comfortable with using public transportation. The Canada Line sounds perfect. Also, in Seattle, we are staying at the Marriott Waterfront. Will check into Already there. We have an 8:30 AM flight out of Seattle, so will need to leave bright and early. Don't want to take any chances of missing the flight. As for walking to and from the Cruise Terminals, we are happy to walk the short distance. We will have 2 suitcases and backpacks for each of us, but again, having lived and traveled in Europe, we are used to handling such when walking and taking public transport. Thanks again for all the great information and insight!

There is absolutely no problem walking from the Marriott Pinnacle to the cruise ship terminal. We live half a block away from the hotel and we walk in the area both during the day and in the evening. It's definitely safe and an easy walk.

Mozio.com is a decent search engine for private transfers worldwide. At the very least, it will give you a baseline for comparison with "better deals."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is 800m from the Waterfront Station at the end of the Canada Line. We would walk it but that is a personal thing.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the information. This is probably the route we will take. We don't mind walking at all. Thanks for the information on name of the station near the hotel. Cheers!

There is absolutely no problem walking from the Marriott Pinnacle to the cruise ship terminal. We live half a block away from the hotel and we walk in the area both during the day and in the evening. It's definitely safe and an easy walk.

I appreciate your first hand knowledge and input on this. We will definitely walk to the terminal!