Live from the Spirit - 26 April 17 - Rome to Nice

Zenblue100

Someone onboard the Spirit video'd the Muse encounter and reached my phone a short while ago. I hadn't realised it was from the Spirit or where it was taken. Now I know.... thanks for posting. I expect it was quite a site as both ships excitedly said hello to each other blowing their horns.

How far off the coast were they both? Was one leaving as the other arrived or both moored at the same time?

I bet there were lots of waiving from both guests and crew of both ships! Would have loved to have seen that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Les the Spirit was leaving and the Muse arriving we were only a short distance from the shore it was a great experience and we were all serves champagne to toast the other ship. The crew were excited as clearly some of their old Spirit colleagues were on the Muse

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes Les the Spirit was leaving and the Muse arriving we were only a short distance from the shore it was a great experience and we were all serves champagne to toast the other ship. The crew were excited as clearly some of their old Spirit colleagues were on the Muse

Yes I spotted in the end the coast from one of your photos. One of those goose bumps and hair standing up moments for many I suspect. (Me anyway! lol)

June 12 is a close encounter for the Cloud and Wind on the Thames. I think they will pass each other around Greenwich. I want to be in 5 places at the same time on that day! Tower Bridge will be like Piccadilly circus opening and closing for Silversea ships! lol I dont think they'll be circling one and other though!

Looks like youre having a great time (difficult not to!)

After the m&m we went to the main bar and onto a relaxing Stars for dinner. I have not eaten there before but did enjoy all the small plates and the excellent Jazz musician. Tip here is that they will swap any dish you want and if you would prefer two of any item that can be arranged.

Super appreciate all of these great details and pictures from your sailing on the Silver Spirit. Wonderful!! Can't get enough!! Keep 'em coming!! Am I understanding correctly that you have previously been on the Silver Spirit and know it fairly well?

Since we have our first sailing on the Silver Spirit coming up in just seven weeks in going from Lisbon to Rouen, I love getting these items and visuals connected with your dining at Stars. After doing four sailings on the Silver Cloud, we are looking forward to sampling this larger and newer Silversea ship for the first time. Spins has been helpful with her tips and secrets for enjoying this ships, its crew, food, varied venues, etc.

Please share more. This includes on the ship's entertainment, your favorite locations to "chill out", best meals enjoyed, etc. Love any dining/food pictures, reactions on the various entertainment offered or speakers on your sailing, what you love most on the ship, etc. It's all helpful and interesting.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 178,684 views for this posting.

Re cocktails I have yet to find a cocktail that the bar staff cannot make...if anyone does let me know. Currently having a brandy alexandra on the pool deck.

Appreciate these great additional details and visuals. Wonderful being on the pool deck enjoying a nice drink. It's dark and very rainy here in Central Ohio right now. Very terrible weather conditions!! Look forward to experiencing ship fun and unique sights/ports in a little over seven weeks. Keep 'em coming!! Loving every post.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 213,248 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Zen, is the Photo above Taormina?

Much better port to visit than Messina even if it is a Tender. Did you get to visit Etna? Sounds like the eruption from a couple of weeks ago is still ongoing. It was smoking for us last April, but not a whimper last August. I was praying Etna or Stomboli would blow its top when we were there. Something Ive always wanted to watch. (From a safe distance - though Etna is a fairely "safe" volcano as they go.)

Thanks Zen.

We won't be there until September.

Pool bar and deck stewards

ROCK!

Justine with an E is Mr. E.

Sweet young man.

So does waitstaff at grill and La Terrazza.

Jose in the mainbar and Panorama at trivia.

They are all wonderful.

too funny.

my husband had two apple pies. his and mine. not that there is any restriction on the amount of food.

he also has two portions of fish.

he doesn't gain weight because he runs.

glad its all good.

and thanks for reporting.

Yes it is from Taormina photos are not thay great as they are using my phone but when I get home I will upload any good photos from the camera.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Enjoying your pics and reports. Always love a live report, and these are some of our favorite ports.