Are foldable chairs ok to bring on board?

That's a great chair! Just gotta see how I will get it on the plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I drive to the port, so it was easy for me. I really don't bring it anymore, unless I'm planning to go to a beach that doesn't have rentals. It got to be a pain carrying it around the ports.

Just out of curiosity, why? I've only been on a few cruises but every beach I've been to at any port of call has chairs to rent for a reasonable price. Why go through the hassle of bringing your own chair? No disrespect, just wondering if there's a reason I haven't thought of.

I wanted to bring 2 chairs for the beach like below. It's one of those that fold and fit in a bag and throw over you shoulder.73d0efa06b1607f98768c22a57072624.jpg

Can sit right at the counter in the Windjammer!:evilsmile:

Just out of curiosity, why? I've only been on a few cruises but every beach I've been to at any port of call has chairs to rent for a reasonable price. Why go through the hassle of bringing your own chair? No disrespect, just wondering if there's a reason I haven't thought of.

My first thought, too!

I guess you can do whatever you want, in a way.......................................

They do not say you cannot bring them.

But, its a long way to the beach and back, going to get heavy carrying that.

Safe travels.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

Sure. I haven't brought a chair but I did bring a small beach umbrella before that folds up into a small canvas sling just like that type of chair; checked it with my luggage no problem.

You can check a bag chair as a piece of checked luggage. I've done it, though it wasn't for a cruise.

(Flew to KS for a big baseball tourney my son was playing in, and while there I bought a nice bag chair because I decided that for the week-long tourney, that would be much more comfy than sitting on bleachers. Planned to leave it there, but decided it was too nice of a chair to just toss, so I checked it and brought it home.)

If you have mobility/knee/back/weight issues, getting out of a low lounge chair to a standing position can be a nightmare, if not an impossibility. I've thought about investing in a chair like this myself.

If you have mobility/knee/back/weight issues, getting out of a low lounge chair to a standing position can be a nightmare, if not an impossibility. I've thought about investing in a chair like this myself.

Hip replacements too. I can't do loungers/chaise loungers or get up off of the sand; without a lot of awkward moves. So far, we have found that the beaches that we have visited are willing to find an actual chair for compensation.

We have chairs like that to pack, and we use them locally, but we haven't gotten to the point of taking them along on cruises. But I do know others that bring them onboard. :)