CHRISTMAS Onboard Princess

winncruiser

It's very nice.

They start decorating after Thanksgiving. Music turns Christmasy on occasion.

We were on the Pacific Princess over Christmas and New Year. There were maybe 10 kids. We had Santa arriving by tender, he sat in the "not quite an atrium" area and passed out gifts to the kids. Decorations on cabin mailboxes. And carolers in the "atrium".

DH & I took our first Christmas cruise last year (we wanted to escape family drama), we loved it so much we booked again for this year! The ship was decorated beautifully, Santa visited by tender and gave all the kiddos a gift. There was a snow machine and carolers in the piazza when we embarked, pretty neat. We didn't have any kiddos with us, we enjoyed watching others have fun with all the activities. Cookie decorating, face painting, it looked like the younger set didn't lack for things to do!

This was on the Grand just out of drydock to Mexio (this year same ship, going to Hawaii this time). The trip wasn't without issues, we rolled with them and had a great time. I'm sure you will too!

Sharon

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

We've been on a Princess ship for five of the past six Christmas holidays. My blog posts about them will give you information and photos of the on board celebrations. While the two most recent years were spent on the small Pacific Princess, the three years before that were on the Emerald Princess, a sister ship to the Crown, so you can see how the ship was decorated and what special events were held.

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

We have taken 3 Christmas cruises. The timing with the kids' differing school holidays and their study abroad/summer work & school schedules is what dictates the Christmas getaway planning. They were in high school and university and it was the best option.

Anyway, the ships are decorated beautifully and we all enjoyed watching the multi-generational groups on board. We sailed Crown, Emerald, and Caribbean respectively and all were filled with seasonal entertainment and activities the entire cruise.

The ships are all at capacity at that time of year.

But having said that, our repetition on these sailings is because we all enjoy them. Hope you do too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first and only Christmas cruise was on RCCL several years ago. I was very concerned it wouldn't seem like Christmas (we lived in upstate NY at the time). I worried for naught. Floating in the beautiful blue/green waters of the Caribbean with a pina colada, having someone else make Christmas dinner.....it was heavenly - and I got over my "have to be home for Christmas" hang up pretty quickly. We've not yet done another Christmas cruise but have done some land-based ones that have been equally enjoyable. Not having to deal with family dynamics and dramas is a HUGE bonus as well. If my sister in law reads this, I'm of course not talking about you! [emoji12]

We started this tradition 2 Christmases ago, and I never want it to end! They're just simply the best...escaping the cold winter, no stress, pure relaxation, Christmas caroling with thousands of other Pax, cookie decorating, traditional feast, Christmas music piped into Lido deck over a sunrise breakfast, Christmas decorations all over, Santa hats and light-up necklaces, a visit from Santa, I could go on forever. Book it!

There may be large family groups(ours had 10 people). This past Christmas we were on board the Ruby.Sign up for fixed dining.

We did and were so glad. There were huge lines for anytime dining.

Loved the festivities. Both Hanukah and Christmas were celebrated same time.

Our grandkids are teens and the teen center was incredible. The four of them couldn't wait to get there daily.

Christmas evening in the Piazza, all the little kids were seated for reading of Night before Christmas. Huge staff (included waiters, bar staff, room stewards, officers, anyone available) were singing Christmas Carols too.

I wouldn't hesitate to book holiday cruise again.

We are thinking of taking our very first Christmas cruise this year. Any thoughts from those of you who have been onboard? This would be The Crown Princess. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is that for the 12/22 sailing? We just booked it and have done 2 Christmas cruises on Princess. Enjoyed both of them!

Our last three cruises were the Hawaiian RTs during the last couple weeks of the year. Love 'em. We don't have to worry about people being in that holiday stressed mood. We were on the Island, then twice on the Golden (our girl was 8, 13, and 15 on those cruises). New Years Eve was really fun, and one of the times, Hanukkah was also celebrated (many brought their menorahs from home so these were lit, but we left ours at home and brought a foam sticky menorah for our cabin).

We were on the Island this past holiday season and as everyone has said, being on a ship during the holidays is wonderful. For those who celebrate Chanukah, the ship's staff is more than willing to help with passenger led events. We had an announcement placed each day in the patters about our Chanukah celebration, and the ship provided latka's, sour cream, jam, jelly filled donuts, an electric menorah, and song booklets. One night the ship had Chanukah themed goodie bags for everyone. We even asked the video and photography staff to come, and the videographer included Chanukah in the cruise video. Bottom line: if there's something you want, just ask, and they will do the best they can.

We loved our Christmas cruise. The ship is beautifully decorated, they build and display wonderful gingerbread villages, we had carolers on board as well. I don't think it was over the top, but it definitely felt like Christmas and we wouldn't hesitate to do another one.

We've been on a Princess ship for five of the past six Christmas holidays. My blog posts about them will give you information and photos of the on board celebrations. While the two most recent years were spent on the small Pacific Princess, the three years before that were on the Emerald Princess, a sister ship to the Crown, so you can see how the ship was decorated and what special events were held.

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

Your blog was great; loved the pictures of all the decorations and desserts. Santa was cool too

We were wondering the same thing as we were either looking to book a Christmas cruise on Royal or Regal.

Anyone have any experience on Royal or Regal?

Also we have a have a 11 yr and 14 yr old.

I did a Christmas cruise on the Regal last year and enjoyed it immensely. It was my second over-Christmas cruise and the same activities were featured: Santa's arrival, carol singing, lots of Christmas decor, religious services as appropriate. You definitely felt the holiday vibe, while at the same time, it wasn't in your face. There were lots of kids, which is as it should be for a major holiday, I guess, so yours should have plenty of company. They were much in evidence around the main pool, but in the evenings, the ship seemed to revert to more adult-like in the bars and lounges. The mystery of what they did after dark was solved the one evening I went up to MUTS to watch my beloved Redskins on Monday Night Football lose yet another game -- they (the children, not the Redskins) were all were still in the pools. Some shriveled up, wrinkled little prune children got off in Ft. Lauderdale, I imagine . . .

Don't miss the gingerbread souffle at Christmas dinner. So delicious and only available on that one night.

We are thinking of taking our very first Christmas cruise this year. Any thoughts from those of you who have been onboard? This would be The Crown Princess. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This year will mark my 7th Christmas Cruise (6 on Princess). In my opinion, it is the ONLY way to spend Christmas. No decorating a whole house and stringing lights, no cooking, Christmas carols, beautiful decorations. We drive to the port, so we are fortunate that we can take a whole suitcase full of decorations and our cabin and door are done up right. Stewart brings his colleagues to see our cabin. My advice, go for it. You'll be hooked!

We spent Christmas aboard the Royal Princess; the previous year we spent Christmas and New Year's Eve aboard the Pacific Princess (Panama Canal, fab!). We loved the Princess holiday experience so much, we've booked the Star Princess Christmas cruise to Hawaii.

In response to the question about Christmas on the Regal or the Royal, the ships are tastefully decorated in tones of gold and white. Santa has a gift for every child (Diacover Channel stuffed baby seals) and I loved the caroling on the Atrium. Must have the gingerbread soufflé.

On the Pacific Princess, there was a highly competitive gingerbread house contest. With a whole year to prepare, I bought decorations for the house (like the folks on Pacific P, although i didnt get LED lights), worked on my piping skills, and as a family, we ;)practiced how to assemble the house so that it would not collapse before the judging phase. We didn't win, but our house looked great, and the planning and practicing at home made us look forward to another fantastic Princess Xmas cruise! ;)

On the Pacific Princess, there was a highly competitive gingerbread house contest. With a whole year to prepare, I bought decorations for the house (like the folks on Pacific P, although i didnt get LED lights), worked on my piping skills, and as a family, we ;)practiced how to assemble the house so that it would not collapse before the judging phase. We didn't win, but our house looked great, and the planning and practicing at home made us look forward to another fantastic Princess Xmas cruise! ;)

Were you on the Pacific Princess last Christmas. The passenger gingerbread house contest entries were so intricate that looked like they were done by the galley crew.

• 2 months later...