Pullmantur 'Monarch' eastbound transatlantic May 2017 - Costa Rica - Lisbon

We, (DH & I), have just placed a deposit on the Pullmantur 'Monarch' repositioning cruise departing Puerto Limon for Lisbon on May 09, 2017.

Since (most) flights arrive at Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose, anyone taking this cruise will likely have to arrange transportation from San Jose to Puerto Limon. From our initial investigation it appears that sharing a vehicle and driver are the best options; we've been in contact with a couple shuttle companies offering vehicles suitable for 4-7 people, and the lowest price thus far is $210 US (including taxes) total for 4 people, (more for additional passengers).

Since the ship departs Puerto Limon at 04:00 p.m. on May 09, and since registration/boarding dictates that one would have to be at the terminal several hours before that, it's our opinion that arriving in San Jose the day before sailing (May 08) would be the prudent thing to to.

We have not, at this time, (since it's a year out), booked our flights from Toronto to San Jose, so we're unable to provide semi-exact times, but this seems like an opportune time to find out if there are others taking this trip, and if anyone is interested in sharing a ride.

DH and I have just booked as well. We would plan to arrive in Costa Rica a couple of days early to see the area. Have not booked any flights yet, nor checked into hotels.

I'll check here frequently.

PS, we also booked the cruise immediately following this one. We finish in Rostock, Germany.

Carol and Jack

DH and I have just booked as well. We would plan to arrive in Costa Rica a couple of days early to see the area.

As mentioned, our current 'plan', (if such it is), is to arrive in San Jose the day before the cruise, (May 08), and transfer to Limon that day, overnight in Limon, and board the next day.

If that, or a variation thereof, jibes with your intentions, and you're in San Jose on May 08, are you open to ride sharing, San Jose - Limon?

As mentioned, our current 'plan', (if such it is), is to arrive in San Jose the day before the cruise, (May 08), and transfer to Limon that day, overnight in Limon, and board the next day.

If that, or a variation thereof, jibes with your intentions, and you're in San Jose on May 08, are you open to ride sharing, San Jose - Limon?

Hi, we have been looking at flights but since our is a year out it is difficult to know actual schedules. That said, I was thinking the same thing, to fly into San Jose, but get to Limon the night before. It seems to be about 3 1/2 hour drive according to GoogleMaps.

We certainly would be interested in sharing if we can coordinate our schedules.

As soon as we confirm a flight plan, I would also like to get a hotel for the 8th.

We are Carol and Jack from Arizona.

Hi, we have been looking at flights but since our is a year out it is difficult to know actual schedules. That said, I was thinking the same thing, to fly into San Jose, but get to Limon the night before. It seems to be about 3 1/2 hour drive according to GoogleMaps.

We certainly would be interested in sharing if we can coordinate our schedules.

As soon as we confirm a flight plan, I would also like to get a hotel for the 8th.

We are Carol and Jack from Arizona.

Hi, Deb & Eric here.....we're very flexible, (although we'd prefer to transfer from San Jose to Limon during daylight hours in order to enjoy the scenery), and closer to the date we should have a better idea of flight arrival times, etc.

We'll keep you (and others who may be interested, as I believe the vehicles can transport 7 or more), posted.

At some point we should ask our commentator to move this to the Roll Call section.

Since Pullmantur does not have its own space, it may be hard for people to find us in either area. I guess we just hope for the best. Happy Wednesday to everyone.

We are currently residents of Patzcuaro Michoacan Mexico and will be on this transatlantic as well as the 9 night cruise throughout Europe that follows.

Normally we are on a different board but it seems to be fading a bit..so are trying out this one.

We hope to meet others from this forum on this cruise! We are leaving Mex on Wed,. 25th and will spend two nights at Radisson Colon prior to cruise. We have booked a taxi for three persons for $90 U.S.D., Pan City to Colon.

We are flying Mexico City to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Lauderdale to Colon on Condor Air. David and I are also bringing our friend Dolores as well.

Chuck

We decided to spend one night in Pan. City and only one night at the Radisson, Colon. We did a 4 star bid on Hotwire for Panama City and got the Novotel Hotel which looks like a very fine property for only $51. Such a deal! lol

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

i already booked the trip from Costa Rica to Portugal next year.

i also will stay some days before in CR, and will take a bus to Limon, that should be not a Problem, the busses leaving every hour.

Anyone from Germany on the trip?

thanks

juri

i also will stay some days before in CR, and will take a bus to Limon, that should be not a Problem, the busses leaving every hour.

Hi, do you have any information on the per person cost for a bus from San Jose to Limon? Also, the cost, (probably by cab), from the airport to the bus terminal?

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've decided to do back-to-back cruises on the Monarch, so we'll be staying on the ship after Lisbon - have just booked the 9 night Lisbon to Rostock, Germany, cruise (Vigo, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Harwich, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Rostock).

Subsequently we plan on taking buses/trains to Amsterdam, ( with possible/probable stopovers in Wismar, Lübeck, and Groningen), where we will board the RC Vision of the Seas on Jun 27th (Amsterdam, Skagen, overnight in St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam).

After that.......¿Quién sabe?

We are currently residents of Patzcuaro Michoacan Mexico and will be on this transatlantic as well as the 9 night cruise throughout Europe that follows.

Normally we are on a different board but it seems to be fading a bit..so are trying out this one.

We hope to meet others from this forum on this cruise! We are leaving Mex on Wed,. 25th and will spend two nights at Radisson Colon prior to cruise. We have booked a taxi for three persons for $90 U.S.D., Pan City to Colon.

We are flying Mexico City to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Lauderdale to Colon on Condor Air. David and I are also bringing our friend Dolores as well.

Chuck

Chuck, have you looked into flying into Costa Rica? Way cheaper & shorter. Only $238 from PV with a lay over in Mexico City.