7 weeks before I cruise

jay888

My next cruise is on the 21st Febuary, which is about 7 weeks away. I'm planning on losing 7kg before that date. Anyone care to join me. Starting weight 96.7kg, lost 13kg before Christmas, but put on 2.7kg Christmas. So easy to put it on and so hard to get it off.

Plan, all the Christmas food has been cleared from the house.

Low carb eating, lean meat and fish with lots of veg. Drinking lots of water.

Have to start long walks with dog again.

This is ALWAYS my thorn in my side! So yes, I'll join you in the weight loss adventure! My next cruise is April 2nd, Independence Of The Seas. I haven't even started as yet, w/ the 1st being my starting gate for focus (so I'm obviously already a day short). My goal was for 30 lbs loss (even then I'll have more to go, but will feel so much better physically!) by April 1st. (10 lbs a month being doable). Anybody else want comradeship in this goal? Lauren

Welcome and let's share our tips and encouragement so we can be slimmer for our next cruise.

I love the independence of the seas, she's one of my favourite ships. Each year I have always said I will be slim by my next cruise, ha ha. I will not be slim for this cruise but I will look better than I do today. I have found with each kg that comes off it reduces the pain in my knee and I have more energy, that should be ins entire enough, but it never is.

I'm also starting an upper arm workout to reduce my bingo wings and doing dry January.

Best of luck everyone and don't put off what you can start today for tomorrow.

I'm cruising on February 18th and I'm going to lose 7 pounds before then so I can eat and drink anything I want while I'm cruising. I like the fruity drinks like Piña Coladas and want to enjoy all the desserts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a weigh-in every Thursday on here to keep

you accountable. Don't have to say your

weight unless you want to.

We just say how much we lost, gained or if

stayed the same. Can ask advice, give tips ect.

Can come in everyday and talk if you like.

Hope you come and join us.

I'm cruising on February 18th and I'm going to lose 7 pounds before then so I can eat and drink anything I want while I'm cruising. I like the fruity drinks like Piña Coladas and want to enjoy all the desserts too.

That's my downfall sweet fruity drinks and desserts, I have a very sweet tooth.

Lately I get such pleasure throwing out any sweets that are in my house due to all the partying over the holidays. I just threw out a small single size container of m&ms I bought on a whim!!! Next up for the garbage is some leftover desert in fridge from New Years. [emoji4]. Word to all. Drink water No colas

Lately I get such pleasure throwing out any sweets that are in my house due to all the partying over the holidays. I just threw out a small single size container of m&ms I bought on a whim!!! Next up for the garbage is some leftover desert in fridge from New Years. [emoji4]. Word to all. Drink water No colas

LIKE IT!!!

I went to lunch with a friend yesterday, this is the friend that I'm going on a cruise with. Very pleased with myself had a jacket potato with salad. The place where we ate sells the best homemade cakes ever and I don't have one. I also drunk 5 glasses of water, I hope to improve on that.

I have a new best friend when it comes to food. Yogurt as a meal instead of a snack. My fav strawberry cheesecake Light and fit with cheese type granola and a chocolate granola top from a different dannon yogurt. Only have one yogurt with the two granolas. Has just enough sweetness ,crunch and protein. Also only about 150 calories would also make a great lo calories lunch

Edited by Missymo

I have a new best friend when it comes to food. Yogurt as a meal instead of a snack. My fav strawberry cheesecake Light and fit with cheese type granola and a chocolate granola top from a different dannon yogurt. Only have one yogurt with the two granolas. Has just enough sweetness ,crunch and protein. Also only about 150 calories would also make a great lo calories lunch

This sounds great, I'm going to try this.

My husband and I cruise on February 11th and we've been hard at since early October....it's TOUGH staying on track through the holidays, but we've managed to get through it. I allowed myself to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner and then got right back on it. As of today I'm 25lbs down and would like to lose another 13lbs before then (unrealistic goal), but I'll be happy even if its only 5 more. I'm looking forward to some chocolate melting cake! :eek:

Good luck ladies!

My husband and I cruise on February 11th and we've been hard at since early October....it's TOUGH staying on track through the holidays, but we've managed to get through it. I allowed myself to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner and then got right back on it. As of today I'm 25lbs down and would like to lose another 13lbs before then (unrealistic goal), but I'll be happy even if its only 5 more. I'm looking forward to some chocolate melting cake! :eek:

Good luck ladies!

Well done, I've done similar and I have lost about the same in the the same amount of time. My goal is 5kg by the end of January which is about 11lbs, so far this week I have lost1lb. I'm going to have to up my game, but 13lbs is do achievable. Keep going.

January 1st. 96.7kg

January 7th. 95.8kg - 0.9kg

just missed my target by 0.1kg will have to try harder.

It's my wedding anniversary today and I have been married for 28 years, so I am going to have to make some good choices when eating out tonight. I can't even decide where to eat, I look at menus on lone line before I book and there does not seem to be much choice for healthy eating. Pius it's far to cold fo eat salad.

How is everyone else doing?

January 2-January 7 lost 1.5 lbs. only 3 more weeks til cruising to get to target weight loss for cruise of 3 more lbs. then when I get back from the cruise ,the countdown really begins for DD wedding in March [emoji141] total weight loss so far this round 10.5 lbs . You can do it girls. MyTotal weight loss from my heaviest is 53 lbs . Not a diet but a lifestyle. I Treat every day as day 1 , minimal or no sweets or bread and. I walk 3 miles every morning. [emoji39] hope everyone on this forum lose their weight and achieve their goals[emoji39]

Great thread!

I'm trying to lose weight by Feb 19th. I've cut carbs out of my breakfast and lunch. Eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast and my coffee is black with two sugars (no milk). Lunch is a Dole chopped salad mixed bag. They have a variety of flavors and for me it's 2 servings in a bag although suggested servings are 3 - pfff. It's only $5 per bag so I'm spending $2.50 a day for my lunch at work. I also like unsweetened tea and water throughout the day. When I get home, I eat a regular home cooked meal. Also, I reduced my alcohol intake and only drink 1 day a week a wine or two (or three [emoji51]).

I don't have a sweet tooth so no problem in that department. I just love savory foods..

When it's my day off (Sunday or Monday), I enjoy a hearty breakfast or brunch with bacon, omelet, sausage, crusty french bread, etc..

Holiday weight: 155-157 at night

Current weight: 150 in the morning

Goal: 143 - my weight before I got married.

Image goal: lose my gut and back fat. (I don't want to see back fat in photos lol)

Good luck ladies!

LOVE chocolate melting cake!! Can't wait!!

January 1st. 96.7kg

January 7th. 95.8kg - 0.9kg

just missed my target by 0.1kg will have to try harder.

It's my wedding anniversary today and I have been married for 28 years, so I am going to have to make some good choices when eating out tonight. I can't even decide where to eat, I look at menus on lone line before I book and there does not seem to be much choice for healthy eating. Pius it's far to cold fo eat salad.

How is everyone else doing?

The trick is to eat only half of your meal. Ask for a to go tin as soon as the meal is delivered and pack half away. Enjoy and happy anniversary!!

Well I just lost 3 lbs the hard way... stomach bug yuck. But I'm back on track now.

Great tips on here. The weekends are the hardest for me. But I'm trying to fill up on water in between meals.

Let's go everyone. We can do it!!!

The trick is to eat only half of your meal. Ask for a to go tin as soon as the meal is delivered and pack half away. Enjoy and happy anniversary!!

I try to do that now, but what I wil do is take half at the beginning and not wait until the end. I take half the meat home for my dog in a napkin and hide it in my handbag. It's stops me eating so much and he expects it now. Great tip.

We may not reach our end goal for a weight loss, but we can reach the goal we set before we cruise and tone up. Every pound we loss will help a our evening dresses fit and look nicer. The friend I'm cruising with is over weight and she wears bright colours and always looks very glam, where as I wear black and will not have my photo taken. But this time I brought a red evening dress and will have my photo taken.

All the best to everyone on our weight loss journey and we will all look better in our dresses by the time we cruise.

We may not reach our end goal for a weight loss, but we can reach the goal we set before we cruise and tone up. Every pound we loss will help a our evening dresses fit and look nicer. The friend I'm cruising with is over weight and she wears bright colours and always looks very glam, where as I wear black and will not have my photo taken. But this time I brought a red evening dress and will have my photo taken.

All the best to everyone on our weight loss journey and we will all look better in our dresses by the time we cruise.

Love the positive attitude, it really does help move the weight loss along.