Dancing on the black watch

c gazzzer

Hi, we have booked a cruise on this ship and am keen to continuing to learn how to dance. Our last cruise on the Braemar was where it started, she had dancing instructures as well as some dance hoists, they where great and we loved it. Well now a year later and not having danced since where up for getting back into it, a few questions, is the dance floor big on this ship and is there a lot of people like us who like to use it. Cheers gary....

The dance floors on most cruise ships are quite small and the Black Watch is no exception. But there will definitely be dance lessons given by the dance instructors who are usually highly qualified exhibition dancers. There are lots of dance schools that cater for beginners and you may find one in your locality if you search on the Internet.

I admire your enthusiasm, but to expect to learn to dance by going to Dance Classes on a cruise is rather optimistic.

A cruise ship dance floor is very small and to participate in the evening after a couple of dance lessons will be very difficult.

I agree with Coravel. Get yourselves off to a 6 week beginners class before the cruise and you will at least be able to dance in the line of dance.

Also try and learn a basic sequence dance , say a Rumba 1, then you can join in with that.

We have danced now for 10 years and we took lessons for 9 months before we ventured to a Dance Event and mixed with other Social dancers.

It was the best decision we ever made to learn to Dance. We Dance every night on our Cruises.

Happy Cruising and Dancing.

Sorry I didn't answer your two questions. Boudica is similar I think to Black Watch and we have danced on that.

I recall we though there was more room on that than the Breamar.

Yes on all Fred cruisers there are plenty of Dancers. Many are quire experienced.

On the last cruise we where on "a year gone december " which was for 4 weeks we learnt to do the basics in, The waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha, The social fox trot and the Quick step. we loved it and think we where doing ok, Where going to check out some dance classes around our area but only want to be able to dance to a basic but enjoyable standard. thanks for your help, Gary....

Hi Gary. You sound just like us. Enjoy your dancing. Dance like nobody is watching.

We have danced for 10 years now but still stick to the basics.

Hope I didn't sound condescending.

Have a great time, Dancing makes our cruise.