Anthem Suite Guarantee experiences

mizLORInj

• 4 weeks later...

You are likely to get whatever the lowest category of your guarantee booking states....If a JS is the lowest category, then expect that....if a GS is the category, expect a GS. I'm sort of surprised they would let 3 book a GTY....usually, it's only for a "couple"....2 passengers. You can get your assignment up to boarding day.

We booked a guarantee suite and got a spa junior suite. Most likely you will get a junior suite. There were no spa junior suites available when we booked just grand suites. Thought we would be assigned one of them I don't know how they assign the suites but I would bet you will get the lowest category suite. The suite was still great. You won't be disappointed

• 1 month later...
Is this something only available on Oasis Class?

I responded to the original poster who had a question on Anthem and the FJS I was assigned to was on Anthem.

I'm not aware of a FJS on the Oasis class ships and believe the FJS applies only to the Quantum class ships and they reclassified the naming of the FJS to just JS on the Quantum class ships.

If you have a quick check through older threads you'll find that sometimes you get nothing at all i.e. you don't get to sail since there are no cabins to allocate to those in the guarantee pool.

Never heard of that and did a quick search, couldn't find any references but might not have been searching for the right phrase. I have heard very few cases where the person was downgraded to a lower category room and given a full refund.

I'd imagine not getting a room at all would be insanely rare.

If you have a quick check through older threads you'll find that sometimes you get nothing at all i.e. you don't get to sail since there are no cabins to allocate to those in the guarantee pool.

No. You have a space onboard guaranteed.

No. You have a space onboard guaranteed.

As the saying goes, nothing is guaranteed but death and taxes. We have had examples of people being bumped on an oversold ship (including finding out at the pier). Certainly not as often as on airlines, but it does happen.Unfortunately, unlike the airlines, there are no rules that govern the compensation for people being bumped and the cruise lines have all the rules in their favor for that (they can just refund your fare and send you on your merry way without any other compensation).