Dream Vacation Ins

My wife and I have booked an NCL Cruise around Hawaii for 2018, and we are doing the leg work Ourselves. I have found that we can book our rt/airfare, hotel, and ground transportation at a better price than what is offered by T/A's. Does anyone have any Ideas on how to go about getting this once in a lifetime trip insured.

My wife and I have booked an NCL Cruise around Hawaii for 2018, and we are doing the leg work Ourselves. I have found that we can book our rt/airfare, hotel, and ground transportation at a better price than what is offered by T/A's. Does anyone have any Ideas on how to go about getting this once in a lifetime trip insured.

Are you asking about trip cancellation, flight delay, med evac or cancel for any reason? Depending on your answer, you may have a number of options including your credit card(s).

For starters, we suggest contacting www.TripInsuranceStore.com

(Ask for Steve, but any of his associates can help, too.)

We learned of them here on CC, and it was one of our best "tips".

They are brokers for several different (and vetted) travel insurers, each with several different policies, so there is considerable choice, depending upon your needs/preference.

(There is no additional charge for their services.)

They'll discuss a variety of things and ask questions, to try to get you the best policy for your needs/budget, including any medical concerns.

--> But call asap as the choices are higher if you book shortly after making the initial payment (but there are other choices, too).

Importantly, we've had a few claims, and have been reimbursed promptly, with no nonsense.

On one occasion, we asked Steve about a situation abroad, thinking it wouldn't be covered. Not only was it "covered", but it paid all of our (significant) extra expenses. He had contacted the insurer on our behalf, and let us know just which term of our policy was relevant. Good service!!

Many others here also have had good experiences with them.

CALL them, don't just read the online policy summaries. The "fine print" matters.

Thanks folks for the quick replies! On a trip like this were looking at trip cancellation, flight delay, med evac and cancel for any reason. Like they say "Don't leave home without it". So many twist and turns as well as "fine print".

Thanks folks for the quick replies! On a trip like this were looking at trip cancellation, flight delay, med evac and cancel for any reason. Like they say "Don't leave home without it". So many twist and turns as well as "fine print".

For an additional level of "medevac" that isn't covered by any regular travel insurance (as far as we understand), there is MedJetAssist, which has per-trip or annual coverage.

This ONLY kicks in if you are admitted as an inpatient (not ER treatment only) in a hospital.

At that point, you can call them, and they will medevac you to the hospital of YOUR choice, in your home country. (This is for USA citizens/residents; not sure about elsewhere.)

If a full medevac air ambulance isn't needed, they'll do something like send you first/business class with an RN accompanying you or such.

You need to be at least 150 miles from home.

We came too close to calling them almost 2 years ago, when I was in a hospital in Italy, and not getting better. But our trip was only half-way done (less than that, actually).

Just about the time we were ready to call them to "Take me home please!!", I started to recover.

We keep the annual policy, and it covers us for shorter vacations or business travel, too, although the real worry is if one is in an overseas area with very limited quality care or facilities (and a foreign language!).

We get that through www.TripInsuranceStore.com too.

There is an AARP discount, which you can also get through them.