LIVE Spirit from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon March 31 2017

spinnaker2

OK...I am 12 days early! But the excitement builds!

The weather here in South Florida is spectacular, perfect blue sky, no humidity and high sixties F. Almost too good to leave, BUT, the Spirit beckons and we will be ready to go.

I made arrangements for DD to come aboard for lunch, just like last year. She enjoyed it but of course hated to get off especially after hearing the comments from some of the crew that she was going the wrong way. :D

Apologies Spins for being late to your party......feeling the excitement here too with only two weeks to go.....isn't it just the best time right now...😁 I shall really miss the Spirit TA but looking forward to exploring the Muse. Some of the Spirit crew have already flown into Italy to join the new ship so at least we will have some familiar faces on board....l believe Moss will be your CD so best brush up on those airport codes! 😉

S😊

I will try and keep my enthusiasm to a dull roar.

Let it ROAR!!! Yes, Candy, be excited and ready to share lots of details, visuals and special secrets about this upcoming Silver Spirit sailing. Looking forward to following your adventure very closely.

As linked below, we just got back from doing a Panama Canal cruise. This includes stops in Aruba, Cartagena/Colombia, Costa Rica and Cabo San Lucas. Great finish and sights in San Francisco. Now shifting gears to finish planning for our June 14-25, 2017, sailing on the Silversea Silver Spirit. We will be doing Lisbon to Rouen/France, including our first experiences for key parts of Portugal, Spain, Bordeaux, Brittany, etc. Then, for late January 2018 to be doing our first visit to Southeast Asia, including Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Angkor Wat, Laos and Bangkok. Just got done today hooking the last of our needed Frequent Flyer tickets on Cathay Pacific in business class for this trip early next year.

Is your husband all recovered from his dental challenges late last month? Sorry we could not hook up for dinner in Fort Lauderdale before our Feb. 28 sailing. Really enjoyed our pre-cruise time in South Florida. Great hotel and others suggestions from you.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Just completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun pictures!! See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

As Silverseas newbies, we'll be eagerly reading your Spirit reports as we'll be aboard at the end of April. Very excited to be trying something new (Regent, Crystal and Cunard Grill regulars). Wishing you fair winds and following seas....and lots of fun!

John and Linda

Thanks for posting the picture of the Spirit, Candy Friday can't get here fast enough!

Got the email for the roll call so that makes it more exciting.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday.

Jaci

Only 4 days to go! Soon we will be aboard.

Appreciate for Spins and her DH how "The Excitement Is Building!" Yes, Friday is getting close!! Don't know if you saw my earlier post on this thread, but was interested as to how your husband is doing after his dental emergency. All OK, 100% now?

Among my specific questions about the Silver Spirit for your upcoming and most up-to-date research would be:

1. How is Stars Super Club? Food and drink details, tips, ideas, etc.? The entertainment? Worth it to do just once or should we go here twice during our upcoming eleven-day June 14-24 cruise?

2. Is it still the standard menu with Le Champagne? Or, has anything major changed or different from what we did in early 2015 on the Silver Cloud while sailing the Amazon River in this dining venue?

3. What key staff will likely still be there and on the ship in mid June? Of most interest is the Captain, Cruise Director, Hotel Director and Executive Chef.

4. Are the "Singers of Silversea" still doing the pretty standard programs that we would have seen on the Silver Cloud in early 2015 and 2016? How long has been and will your specific group of singers/dancers be on the Silver Spirit? Through June?

5. Any special dining treat/meals that are new and/or worked exceptional well?

6. Any new or different wrinkles, tips, ideas, etc., for maximizing the variety and enjoyment in doing the breakfast and lunch buffets in La Terrazza?

7. Is Seishin worth it in order to sample Asian fare? What did you like best here?

8. Does the Observation Lounge get used that much up on the top floor? It is fairly private and quiet?

Our mid-June Lisbon to Rouen sailing will have port stops each day with do full sea-days. That's quite a contrast from your upcoming trans-Atlantic, but we are looking for any and all smart ideas, suggestions, insights, etc. From Spins or any other experienced Silver Spirit veterans, your help will be great.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 30,656 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Terry, All well with DH, thanks. Lots of questions, many of which I could answer now, but I will be Inspector Closeau for you ( note not inspector gadget).

Appreciate Spins' great and quick follow-up. Glad DH is doing well. Am sure you could answer some or many of those questions now, but we are interested the smartest, most up-to-date info/insights. I am full confident in the information you will provide. And, that's regardless of which "Inspector" hat or gear you are wearing/using. I am sure as you are posting, I will have even more questions.

Maybe you can be Inspector Hercule Poirot?? BUT, we don't need any murders on the Silver Spirit!!

Should be a fun, interesting trip.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 175,508 views for this posting.

Three days to go.

YES!! It does seem that Spins is just a little (maybe LOTS) excited about this upcoming trans-Atlantic sailing. This morning, I looked at the details for this cruise and it is good/smart that it is "spiced up" with stops of one day in Bermuda and two-days in the Azores. That helps much!!

For us, after completing our Panama Canal cruise that ended up having nine of the 15 days being sea-days. At one point in that sailing, we had four straight sea-days. Our personal preference is for port stops, exploring more for local culture, history, architecture, etc. For a trans-Atlantic sailing, this Silversea offering seems to provide a better than average mix with this type of schedule.

Looking forward to Candy's details, reports, pictures, etc Including as much as possible for Lisbon.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 211,282 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate for Spins and her DH how "The Excitement Is Building!" Yes, Friday is getting close!! Don't know if you saw my earlier post on this thread, but was interested as to how your husband is doing after his dental emergency. All OK, 100% now?

Among my specific questions about the Silver Spirit for your upcoming and most up-to-date research would be:

1. How is Stars Super Club? Food and drink details, tips, ideas, etc.? The entertainment? Worth it to do just once or should we go here twice during our upcoming eleven-day June 14-24 cruise?

2. Is it still the standard menu with Le Champagne? Or, has anything major changed or different from what we did in early 2015 on the Silver Cloud while sailing the Amazon River in this dining venue?

3. What key staff will likely still be there and on the ship in mid June? Of most interest is the Captain, Cruise Director, Hotel Director and Executive Chef.

4. Are the "Singers of Silversea" still doing the pretty standard programs that we would have seen on the Silver Cloud in early 2015 and 2016? How long has been and will your specific group of singers/dancers be on the Silver Spirit? Through June?

5. Any special dining treat/meals that are new and/or worked exceptional well?

6. Any new or different wrinkles, tips, ideas, etc., for maximizing the variety and enjoyment in doing the breakfast and lunch buffets in La Terrazza?

7. Is Seishin worth it in order to sample Asian fare? What did you like best here?

8. Does the Observation Lounge get used that much up on the top floor? It is fairly private and quiet?

Our mid-June Lisbon to Rouen sailing will have port stops each day with do full sea-days. That's quite a contrast from your upcoming trans-Atlantic, but we are looking for any and all smart ideas, suggestions, insights, etc. From Spins or any other experienced Silver Spirit veterans, your help will be great.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 30,656 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Re Stars, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would since I'm not big on evening entertainment. But the food was interesting and good, and the jazz pianist/singer was very good but not intrusive. Venue was small and intimate. I ended up going twice and will try to go at least once during this trip.

Seishin is definitely worth it to me for at least one dinner. But better than dinner is that you can go there for lunch for free and have the same sushi etc. as served in the evening. I went 3 or 4 times for lunch, and it was never full.