Dress code on Muse?

travelingduo

Does anyone have a definitive answer on the dress code for the Muse? I thought by now Silversea would have put something out. I was told by my TA that there will be formal/informal/casual evenings, but there was a rumor that La Dame was going to be formal every night. All my TA could find was that the dress code will be the same for all SS ships. But none of the other ships has this dining arrangement. Just wondering......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call SilverSea and they will send you an information sheet that explains that the dress code will be by venue not by the evening. Two venues will be formal for evening the entire trip. The other venues will be designated at informal or casual. They can send this to you.

I just called Silversea and was told that La Dame and Atlantide will be formal every night and that the other 6 restaurants will be divided between informal and casual every night. It appears you can decide to dress formal, informal or casual depending on where you decide to dine:confused:. He also said that they expect this to be permanent.

Silver Sweetwharts, it may be that SS assesses that many of their passengers really enjoy dressing in formal attire. I can attest to this, as in last November's Transatlantic around 70 per cent of the gentlemen wore tuxes in the three formal nights and many women, young and not so young, were in long gowns. Don't you think it's a great idea that people will dress alike in their restaurant of choice? I do, especially if I don't feel like dressing up! But if I do, and mostly I do, I will meet like minded people all dressed up.

Silver Sweetwharts, it may be that SS assesses that many of their passengers really enjoy dressing in formal attire. I can attest to this, as in last November's Transatlantic around 70 per cent of the gentlemen wore tuxes in the three formal nights and many women, young and not so young, were in long gowns. Don't you think it's a great idea that people will dress alike in their restaurant of choice? I do, especially if I don't feel like dressing up! But if I do, and mostly I do, I will meet like minded people all dressed up.

Very well put, and we agree with you.

I spoke to Silversea UK yesterday and they confirm that at present they have no definitive answer to the Dress Code Issue and are as frustrated as Guests with the lack of precise Information. The BELIEVE that 2 Restaurants will be Formal every Evening as a previous Poster has indicated but they are not at all sure that Formal means Dinner Jacket etc ( They feel that Formal means Jacket but maybe no Tie for Men - this I thought was currently Informal ? ). They say that that there will be no Daily Dress Code as on the existing ships but that each Dining Unit will have its own permanent Code. If this is the case one assumes that the other Dining Areas will be Casual ?

Silversea London indicate that the above is likely to be ' Trailed ' for the first few Cruises and SS will assess Guests reactions - maybe things will then be amended.

I hope this does'nt confuse even more but its the up to date Information this side of the Pond.

It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of the early Cruisers !!!!

Thank you Duct tape - we know that we can always rely upon you to get matters sorted !!!!

We hope you are both in good Form and wish you a wonderful time on The Muse - we too hope that the actual experience matches expectations. We are really looking forward to our trip in August/Sept.

To make any restaurant formal every night in this day and age is absurd imo.

While we're strong supporters of formal nights, and indeed one of many aspects of Silversea we enjoy, I agree that every night is a bit too much. Maybe informal every night except formal nights makes more sense and I especially wonder about first and last night dinners where understandably it has been casual dress as passengers are unpacking or packing.

So if you don't want to wear a tuxedo or dark suit SS is basically eliminating two of its restaurants from the list of options. So no main dining room and two fewer restaurants. I give this whole arrangement a year before they put the Muse into dry dock to remove some of the restaurants and install a main dining room.

I wrote to my contact at Silversea and this is the response.

The formal nights on the Muse will not be per date, they will be per venue.

Here is the breakdown:

La Terrazza – Casual

Kaiseki – Informal

La Dame – Formal

Atlantide – Formal

Hot Rocks – Casual

Spaccanapoli – Casual

Silver Note - Informal

Indochine – Informal

Here is the breakdown:

La Terrazza – Casual

Kaiseki – Informal

La Dame – Formal

Atlantide – Formal

Hot Rocks – Casual

Spaccanapoli – Casual

Silver Note - Informal

Indochine – Informal

I think this makes sense...since this is like everywhere else in the world. As a more casual person I would only have two concerns:

- All the less formal places still have great food/variety

- Formal doesn't make someone obligated to wear anything more than a jacket (even a tie may be too much in this day and age). I've eaten at a few restaurants where jackets are required (DC/NYC), but can't think of any that would throw fits if a tie was omitted.

Here is the breakdown:

La Terrazza – Casual

Kaiseki – Informal

La Dame – Formal

Atlantide – Formal

Hot Rocks – Casual

Spaccanapoli – Casual

Silver Note - Informal

Indochine – Informal

We were told earlier that Atlantide would be one of the two restaurants with some "walk-in" tables available since there will be no main dining room. But if Atlantide is formal every night, and you have no reservations for any venue that evening, forget about just showing up with new-found friends you just met in The Bar. You have to return to your suite and change into formalware and hope they can accommodate you at one of the "walk-in" tables.

Oh, I'm going to miss not having The Restaurant and its open seating.

We were told earlier that Atlantide would be one of the two restaurants with some "walk-in" tables available since there will be no main dining room. But if Atlantide is formal every night, and you have no reservations for any venue that evening, forget about just showing up with new-found friends you just met in The Bar. You have to return to your suite and change into formalware and hope they can accommodate you at one of the "walk-in" tables.

Oh, I'm going to miss not having The Restaurant and its open seating.

Couldn't agree more. The GREAT luxury on a ship to me is spontaneity. The Muse eliminates that completely.

We'll be on the Muse in May as well and our travel agent (who works with Silversea quite a bit) told us, when I asked about the reports on this thread, that he had contacted Silversea and that he was told that there would be two formal nights (which is also what the travel journal indicates) but that the dates had not yet been set.

Isn't it the likeliest conclusion is that everyone is right to some degree? Le Dame and Atlantide are the "formal" restaurants because those are the only two restaurants that will be formal on the two designated formal nights. At least that's what I'd bet on.

We'll be on the Muse in May as well and our travel agent (who works with Silversea quite a bit) told us, when I asked about the reports on this thread, that he had contacted Silversea and that he was told that there would be two formal nights (which is also what the travel journal indicates) but that the dates had not yet been set.

Isn't it the likeliest conclusion is that everyone is right to some degree? Le Dame and Atlantide are the "formal" restaurants because those are the only two restaurants that will be formal on the two designated formal nights. At least that's what I'd bet on.

I kind of like that idea...it would provide everyone that enjoys dressing up, a venue focused on the experience, while giving anyone who doesn't feel like dressing up plenty of options.

I really struggle to see the point of this. One of the great things about SS is the concept of formal nights for the ship, which means that the main and Panorama bars are formal at the same time as the main restaurant. On the classic ships it is rare to come across anyone not wearing the minimum of a suit and tie unless you are eating on the deck at hot rocks. Ok it's acceptable to drop down a level for the Terrazza, but very rare to see someone tieless on a formal evening. What would strike me as odd would be to enter the main bar where there is a mixture of people wearing tuxedos, jackets and no ties, and those just wearing an open necked shirt with slacks. IMHO it would destroy the ambience of a formal evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It does look odd seeing people in various attire on formal night as we have witnessed more frequently on Seabourn lately. If they can at least keep a " No Blue Jeans" dress code on Formal Night, that would at least be one jarring note out of the equation.

Julie