Kids & Catacombs?

SunnydayKim

Hello! We are taking our first Mediterranean cruise this summer and our cruising 6 year old will be with us! He is a veteran cruiser with 6 cruises already, but always in the Caribbean and beach or ziplining type activities for excursions.

Have any of you taken your children to an excursion that includes visiting catacombs in Italy? I am on the fence on this one.

Any past experiences/people who have done this, please let me know what your kids thought! Were they scared, interested, etc.

Kim

I have one grandchild who would be fascinated and go over every detail (8), I have one that would be timid and pretend she liked it because older sister did (6) and I have one that would not want to see if at all and would turn her head into our bodies and quite possibility cry and have a melt down (10).... The last one is autistic which explains the melt down. Only you know your child and their reactions to this type of thing.

My daughter couldn't wait until she was old enough to take the Scavi Tour at the Vatican. She still talks about it, several years later. And, when she was about eight, she enjoyed the Capuchin Crypt. It just depends on your child.

We are pretty open about death in our family, so maybe that helps?