Full face snorkel mask

I bought 4 of these full face snorkel masks for our snorkeling cruise last year. To me it was just a wash. It was nice not having the mouthpiece, the breathing tube comes out of the top of the mask and you just breathe normally into the mask so it is good if you want to breathe through mouth or nose but I didn't really like the pressure the mask put on my face. I had to get it really tight so it wouldn't leak. A regular mask always seemed too tight also but I guess the fact that this covers your whole face made it seem worse.

My kids had no problem with them and since it was their first time snorkeling I feel like it made it easier for them since they could just breathe normally and not through a tube. (They were 17 and 14) I think it would be a good choice for younger children as well.

My sister in law tried it and she said she thought it gave better visibility.

But for myself there really wasn't a full pro or con side. If you are thinking about purchasing for an entire family maybe just purchase 1 and test it out in a swimming pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I have them. Absolutely love them! My husband still has a little leaking just like he does with a regular mask because of facial hair. When it does leak you just lift your head and it drains out the bottom, but mine doesn't leak at all and it's not tight at all. Don't regret the purchase at all and I can't see ever using a regular snorkel again. We have the tribord brand.

theres alot of snorkeling review sites, they have pro's and cons, for beginners there ok, but if you do any diving, as mentioned you cant equilize the pressure by popping your ears... also any mask that is " too tight" is an ill fitting mask to start with. and finally something I didnt know, they tell you to fit the mask on your face when dry, and not to remove it until done

My husband and I have them. Absolutely love them! My husband still has a little leaking just like he does with a regular mask because of facial hair. When it does leak you just lift your head and it drains out the bottom, but mine doesn't leak at all and it's not tight at all. Don't regret the purchase at all and I can't see ever using a regular snorkel again. We have the tribord brand.

Good to hear

Sent from my XT1565 using Forums mobile app

I bought 4 of these full face snorkel masks for our snorkeling cruise last year. To me it was just a wash. It was nice not having the mouthpiece, the breathing tube comes out of the top of the mask and you just breathe normally into the mask so it is good if you want to breathe through mouth or nose but I didn't really like the pressure the mask put on my face. I had to get it really tight so it wouldn't leak. A regular mask always seemed too tight also but I guess the fact that this covers your whole face made it seem worse.

My kids had no problem with them and since it was their first time snorkeling I feel like it made it easier for them since they could just breathe normally and not through a tube. (They were 17 and 14) I think it would be a good choice for younger children as well.

My sister in law tried it and she said she thought it gave better visibility.

But for myself there really wasn't a full pro or con side. If you are thinking about purchasing for an entire family maybe just purchase 1 and test it out in a swimming pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was the plan to get 1 and try it out see if wife likes it and then try for kids

Sent from my XT1565 using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind, if you dive under the surface, you cannot clear them or equalize the ear pressure... so if you only stay on surface they are ok.

I can dive under without an issue although I don't dive that far under because I'm not a strong swimmer so maybe that's why I don't have a problem.

I can dive under without an issue although I don't dive that far under because I'm not a strong swimmer so maybe that's why I don't have a problem.

Ya I was assuming you could go like 5 ft under? How deep do you have to go to start worrying about pressurizing?

Ya I was assuming you could go like 5 ft under? How deep do you have to go to start worrying about pressurizing?

I don't know how deep I was, but at a certain point the mask does start to press too hard against your face. I just come back to the surface and pull on it to break the seal and go right back to snorkeling no biggie. Now I do see these people who dive way down and stay there for a minute or 2 and that would be painful to do with this mask I think.

I bought one for my wife for a cruise in February. She has an upper plate and always found biting down on the mouthpiece of a regular snorkel uncomfortable and painful after awhile. She really like her full face mask and after decades of snorkeling felt it was the first time she really enjoyed snorkeling.

If you don't have a problem with a regular snorkel and mask you probably don't need a full face one. If you don't like regular masks leaking or fogging, or don't like clearing water from a snorkel or the mouthpiece is uncomfortable, or you don't free dive very deep, then you might like a full face mask.

We love ours. Never had any problem with it being too tight.

Pressure suction will keep it from leaking in most cases....if you're pulling the straps tight enough to be uncomfortable, you are applying it wrong. Even my hubby who has a goat and mustache was able to use it, a little water might collect in the bottom but you blow to rid the chamber of it.

We also scuba(not with this mask of course) but I always feel biting the snorkel mouthpiece is fatiguing, not anymore with this mask. You can always use a swimmers nose pinch as you snorkel making it easy to equalize and then just breath with your mouth. And there are other ways to equalize besides pinching your nose, once you learn them you shouldn't have a problem diving with it. Always equalize before becoming uncomfortable. Just under the surface (a few inches is already an atmosphere change and if you equalize sooner you avoid any problems clearing your ears deeper) and many times as you go down.

These used to be very expensive but now are no more expensive than a good dive mask. Try it, I think you'll like it:D