Europa 2 - Still out in front

Solent Richard

My wife and I have recently returned from our second cruise on Hapag-Lloyds Europa 2.

On our first cruise she exceeded expectations and on this one the trend continued as we doubled our time on her.

I have little doubt as to why she remains the Berlitz guide's top rated ship. Hapag were the inventors of cruising and they certainly intend staying out in front.

We sailed for two weeks, anti clockwise around the South China Sea, with just three sea days.

32923971093_c61e831bc4_z.jpg

I have just completed a full review on my cruise blog which has over 150 photographs from the ship and itinerary. It can be read here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/04/07/europa-2-asian-island-explorer/

We made one stop at the paradise Philippines' island of Malcapuya...

32923971223_0d4f506a22_z.jpg

and an overnight stop in the Taiwanese port of Keelung. This enabled us to have two days in Taipei, the capital...

32838465284_eeb3eb40f8_z.jpg

I get your great blogs directly emailed to me and enjoy them immensely. Thanks so much for all the time and talent you put into your postings and pics!

Thank you for your kind comment and support. At the moment I'm busy writing a guide to Le Havre and Taipei.

i am curious to read "Le Havre" - i do not find it a special port for cruise ships. Ships able to dock due to the size should go to Nantes - or to Rouen a special sailing on the Seine however to be avoided on a Sunday. ( as last time on europa 2 )