Airlines used by Viking for Viking Homeland cruise

planterx2

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and are using Viking Air. For anyone who has done this itinerary with Viking Air, can you please let me know the airline that was used. We are sailing Stockholm to Bergen. I am starting to arrange private excursions and would like to have an idea of what flights may be available to us. Thank you in advance.

Wish I could give you some info. We are sailing June 3 and still waiting to see what flights we are on. Has anyone else ever not been given their flights less then 75 days out. Our TA is calling them every week but keeps getting told they are working on it. Very frustrating .

Wish I could give you some info. We are sailing June 3 and still waiting to see what flights we are on. Has anyone else ever not been given their flights less then 75 days out. Our TA is calling them every week but keeps getting told they are working on it. Very frustrating .

This must be a cruise specific thing. I am booked on 7/9 midnight sun , London to Bergen and have had my flights with seat assignments posted in My Viking Journey for more than a month, now 92 days out.

I know there is some people from here on same cruise who have their flights,we have been told maybe by Monday now,so will see.

If you don't have your flights by Monday, contact tellus@vikingcruises.com with your name, reservation number and phone number and ask them to call you because it is x many days until you sail, you have yet to receive your flight information and you are very upset.

caskale, my air info, like I said, was available right away. Then just recently it was taken off from "My Viking Journey" and disappeared for a week or more. I wrote to the above and they checked it out for me and there was a change happening with a time from the airline. The very day they responded it was back up. Doesn't hurt to write them.

That is what I will be doing,unless Viking reads this before then.

Thank you

Until you contact them with your name and contact information, they don't have any more idea who you really are than I do. The best they will be able to do at this point is too chime in here asking you to contact them.

Jiminy, air plans aren't usually available immediately unless you have paid for custom air and have already spoken with the air department. (And custom air is not available on the MIdnight Sun itinerary, unless they have recently changed that particular exception to the rule).

Dear caskale,

We are sorry to learn that your flight schedule was not communicated by the 75-day mark.

To allow us an opportunity to assist, as Peregrina651 and jiminyC_fan have so kindly suggested, please send your booking information to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Once we are able to review your booking details, we can troubleshoot the reason for the delay and do our best to expedite the release of your schedule.

caskale, we appreciate the opportunity to reply and look forward to your email message.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

We have our flights and I am pleased wth them,the are basically what I would have booked my self.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

Now waiting to see what cabin,as we booked a guarantee cabin.

Cask ale glad you have your flights and they worked well for you.

A bit off topic, but this has been asked a couple times on threads and I have never seen an explanation - maybe I just missed it n

How does guaranteed cabin work with Viking? Is that different than being waitlisted on a V1 cabin?

So basically waitlist at a V1 price point, and take whatever cabin you get.....quite possibly higher category? That is how some other cruise lines work, however with Viking I would be much less concerned with the cabin as they are all great.

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and are using Viking Air. For anyone who has done this itinerary with Viking Air, can you please let me know the airline that was used. We are sailing Stockholm to Bergen. I am starting to arrange private excursions and would like to have an idea of what flights may be available to us. Thank you in advance.

KLM to Bergen through AMS

BA to Los Angeles through LHR

First of all I would like to say that up until today we have been very pleased with all of our phone conversations with Viking. However, today we were very unhappy with a conversation. We received our e-ticket info and wanted to upgrade seats on our flight,. We tried directly through the airlines but were unable to complete the transaction. The first reply was there was a problem with our credit card. We thought that perhaps we had typed in the wrong number. We filled everything out again and had the same problem. We were very concerned that there was a problem with our credit card. We called the credit card company and they assured us all was well with our card BUT the transaction had gone through twice. We called the airlines and they told us we had to go through Viking Air. We attempted to do everything online through Viking Air. Could not do it. We called the Viking Air number and after waiting forever on hold we talked to a real person. I could kick myself for not getting her name. Not only was she not at all helpful she became downright rude. She told us we could not upgrade online. We told her we were reading directly from the Viking Air site and she argued with us!! She then hung up abruptly. We were not at all rude to her. UGH!! Again, we have been very pleased with Viking so far but today's fiasco soured our opinion. Thanks for letting me rant!!!:mad:

If your airline ticket was part of the package, like my airline fee was included, we didnt need to purchase air fare. According to what I was told, our tickets are part of a contract with the airlines, it's already discounted so it's not the same price as a regular economy seat so we can't upgrade.

Dear Kteach36,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointing interaction with our Air Department. The behavior you’ve described is alarming and certainly not typical.

Although Viking can usually assist with upgrades to Premium Economy or Business Class seats, most other upgrade inquiries must be sent through the airline directly.

We aren’t sure what type of upgrade you were looking to obtain, but, in any event, we invite you to provide your booking information to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can connect you to a senior Viking representative.

Kteach, we are eager to help resolve your concerns and hope to reinstate your faith in our company. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

First of all I would like to say that up until today we have been very pleased with all of our phone conversations with Viking. However, today we were very unhappy with a conversation. We received our e-ticket info and wanted to upgrade seats on our flight,. We tried directly through the airlines but were unable to complete the transaction. The first reply was there was a problem with our credit card. We thought that perhaps we had typed in the wrong number. We filled everything out again and had the same problem. We were very concerned that there was a problem with our credit card. We called the credit card company and they assured us all was well with our card BUT the transaction had gone through twice. We called the airlines and they told us we had to go through Viking Air. We attempted to do everything online through Viking Air. Could not do it. We called the Viking Air number and after waiting forever on hold we talked to a real person. I could kick myself for not getting her name. Not only was she not at all helpful she became downright rude. She told us we could not upgrade online. We told her we were reading directly from the Viking Air site and she argued with us!! She then hung up abruptly. We were not at all rude to her. UGH!! Again, we have been very pleased with Viking so far but today's fiasco soured our opinion. Thanks for letting me rant!!!:mad: