Current/former military-shop for travel insurance through USAA

mspink98

For the first time ever, we're sailing during hurricane season. Between the fact that we live in FL and could be impacted by a storm, and we're sailing from the other side of the state to three Caribbean ports that could be impacted, we wanted "cancel for any reason" coverage. After shopping around, I found the best rate on USAA's affilliate link. I needed to sign in using my USAA info, and then was redirected. Saved over $30 from the same coverage without signing in, and was cheaper and equivalent in benefits to many others that i found. Check it out of you're a member.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using them for quite a number of years.

Had a claim in 2016. Medical for DH. They paid no issue once I got all the docs submitted.

Keep in mind, unless you buy up to primary for health insurance, you have to submit all the bills to your regular insurance first, then submit copies of your paid receipts and EOBs showing what your regular insurance paid before they will reimburse you.

In our case, we spent disembarkation day in the emergency department at a FLL area hospital after being told to do so by the shipboard Dr before trying to fly. They did a bunch of tests then cleared DH to fly. We chose an in-network hospital for our regular insurance.

TravelInsured not only reimbursed our medical bills, they reimbursed the rental car I used to get there and store our bags once I explained my logic in a letter.