Parking in Charleston

luv2cruise504

This will be the first time we port from Charleston and wondering about parking. We are driving straight there and not getting a hotel so won't be able to do the stay at the hotel and get free parking option.

Looking for something reasonable because the cruise is 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're driving straight to the port, your best option is to park at the port. The warehouse parking is locked and has security. Anything else would not have security 24/7. There is a city parking garage at Cumberland and Concord...right at the cruise terminal. The multi deck parking facility charge is $16 maximum/day. Each 1/2 hour is $1 until the max. The cost at the port facility is $17/day.

Also, you may consider getting a hotel that allows parking while on cruises. Even though you won't be staying there, that may still be your cheapest option. I know for our 7 day cruise it would have been I think $117 for parking plus sitting in that dreaded parking line. At least with a hotel you can save some money and traffic time by Ubering to port that way. I've also known people to park at the airport and Uber into port as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We are leaving out of Charleston, plan on parking at port authority and I have seen mixed post about the walking vs riding. Can you park and walk to the terminal? Or do you have to ride the bus? Also would it be better for one of us to drop our group off and luggage at the terminal then go park or would that be a bigger hassle. I've just had luggage not make it to our room before.... thanks!

We are leaving out of Charleston, plan on parking at port authority and I have seen mixed post about the walking vs riding. Can you park and walk to the terminal? Or do you have to ride the bus? Also would it be better for one of us to drop our group off and luggage at the terminal then go park or would that be a bigger hassle. I've just had luggage not make it to our room before.... thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52898487&postcount=129

Thank you for you response, but I've been told this changed within the last year. When was that last time you left out of Charleston? Not doubting you, just wondering how recent it's been and if they were right about recent changes?

I have not sailed out of Charleston recently so perhaps you are correct about it changing. Here is the Cruise FAQ's I find. Is that outdated? http://www.scspa.com/documents/Cruise_FAQs.pdf

Perhaps the most definitive answer you could get would be from the ports themselves. Cruise and Parking Coordinator

Jeff Hollis, 843-577-8189