Coco Cay - Excursion and Bungalow?

kemck1974

Hi - We are sailing on the Anthem in November. I've just reserved a bungalow (not an ocean view cabana because we want water access). My question is: we have also purchased the snorkeling treasure hunt excursion (can go any time during the day). Will it be possible to settle ourselves at the bungalow and then walk to the snorkeling at some point later? I'm not sure the size of the island overall and the location of the bungalows in relation to the snorkeling.

Is it safe to leave our belongings in the bungalow while we're away from it?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it (i know, subjective) to get a bungalow if we'll be snorkeling for 2-3 hours of the day. If it's close and we can use it as a home base for the day I may keep it as is. If it's not close and you need transportation to get to either one...we may cancel the bungalow.

Any thoughts or experience would be great. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have only reserved a bungalow for the day, but I am sure we will explore the island a bit. I don't think anyone can advise you about the safety of leaving your items... you may want to keep high value items with you or use something like a KYSS bag to deter thieves.

This map of Cococay shows the snorkel shack being some distance from the bungalows, but I'm not sure if transport will be available.