We are beginning to see the consequences of a certain event last July!

The pound has fallen against a lot of currencies, especially the dollar but also the euro etc etc . Cruise companies buy stuff priced in dollars so they have to pay more and to maintain their profit margins need to raise the price. Thomson's parent company TUI is German so accounting in euros?

Pity poor P&O customers. Their parent company Carnival accounts in dollars so they have seen a reduction in dollar revenue of about 15% since last year. The company have to recover that money somehow, prices will increase as part of the solution.

As far as Thomson is concerned maybe they will be looking to get rid of Dream and Celebration sooner than later as when Mein Schiff 2 arrives Thomson/Tui will have 4 updated ships which IMO is the maximum they can expect to find customers for in the winter season. Two in the Caribbean, one in the Canaries and one in the Far East.

We are beginning to see the consequences of a certain event last July!

The pound has fallen against a lot of currencies, especially the dollar but also the euro etc etc . Cruise companies buy stuff priced in dollars so they have to pay more and to maintain their profit margins need to raise the price. Thomson's parent company TUI is German so accounting in euros?

Pity poor P&O customers. Their parent company Carnival accounts in dollars so they have seen a reduction in dollar revenue of about 15% since last year. The company have to recover that money somehow, prices will increase as part of the solution.

As far as Thomson is concerned maybe they will be looking to get rid of Dream and Celebration sooner than later as when Mein Schiff 2 arrives Thomson/Tui will have 4 updated ships which IMO is the maximum they can expect to find customers for in the winter season. Two in the Caribbean, one in the Canaries and one in the Far East.

I think you might be right dave,as i said in a earlier post Celebration is back in the Caribbean 2018-19 by then Tui will be getting mein schiff 2 for her transformation back in the Thomson fleet.

I think you might be right dave,as i said in a earlier post Celebration is back in the Caribbean 2018-19 by then Tui will be getting mein schiff 2 for her transformation back in the Thomson fleet.

Getting back to full ship,s i was working the Crown Princess and aurora to-day and both went out full, CP to western med and Aurora to the fjords.