7009 or 7111 on Marina?

ghstudio

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina and there are a wide variety of cabins available. I've looked at the extra benefits of booking concierge class and frankly, I don't see enough benefit to us to justify the difference in price from balcony cabins. Cabins are still available in all categories. Based on some research, I've discovered the extra space balconies offered on deck 7 and both 7009 and 7111 are available. We don't do anything on our balcony that we wouldn't do on an open pool deck, so privacy isn't really an issue, we are not prone to seasickness. We value cabin/balcony space, view and surrounding noise more than being higher on the ship.

From the pictures, I would normally select 7108/7111 with the largest balcony and best views, however, from the literature (the web), it appears that 7008/7111 have active crew doors directly across from the cabin and the high risk of noise early in the morning, etc. So I'm thinking that 7008/7009 might be a better choice although slightly smaller balcony and perhaps the higher risk of spray.

Am I overthinking this? Any recommendations from those who have sailed in any of those cabins.

We have 7008 for our next 2 cruises.I figured the partition to the FRONT of us would give more protection from wind.

It does....major time.....it also sticks out as far as the bridge...to the hull line....All other balconies stip about 15 feet back from hull line.... Its fantastic.. You dont want the aft extended because they are wind traps the 7008 is the best on the ship...better than PH in my opinion and the view aft while cruising is a combo of a stern cabin and and PH..... You have picked wisely.... The last extended cabin in the foward set..... :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina and there are a wide variety of cabins available. I've looked at the extra benefits of booking concierge class and frankly, I don't see enough benefit to us to justify the difference in price from balcony cabins. Cabins are still available in all categories. Based on some research, I've discovered the extra space balconies offered on deck 7 and both 7009 and 7111 are available. We don't do anything on our balcony that we wouldn't do on an open pool deck, so privacy isn't really an issue, we are not prone to seasickness. We value cabin/balcony space, view and surrounding noise more than being higher on the ship.

From the pictures, I would normally select 7108/7111 with the largest balcony and best views, however, from the literature (the web), it appears that 7008/7111 have active crew doors directly across from the cabin and the high risk of noise early in the morning, etc. So I'm thinking that 7008/7009 might be a better choice although slightly smaller balcony and perhaps the higher risk of spray.

Am I overthinking this? Any recommendations from those who have sailed in any of those cabins.

You have a point about the crew areas. We were In The last cabin next to the extended balconies on the starboard side on Marina in Jan, and noticed quite a bit of noise in the mornings. We scoped the area out for a future cruise and booked 7116 on the port side as it's away from these areas.

We've had two aft cabins on Celebrity and have two upcoming on the Regatta. However if I couldn't have aft, I felt looking forward towards the bow would be an incredible view. That's why we selected 7111 instead of 7009 looking aft. Plus since our cruise is crossing the Atlantic, we wanted to be more aft. YMMV.

On our cruise 7111 and 7108 are booked. 7008 and 7009 are still not booked. So I suppose my fellow roll call members didn't get the memo. :')

Regarding the crew noise, we usually awaken long before they begin work so that's not likely to be a problem for us. On Celebrity I always had to wait for Cafe al Bacio to open. :D

Edited by ChucktownSteve

ghstudio, I hear what you are saying, but your cabin #'s are way skewed. Please check them again before booking anything.

Unless I'm reading every deck 7 plan for the Oceania Marina incorrectly, I'm speaking of the correct B3 cabins.

Unless I'm reading every deck 7 plan for the Oceania Marina incorrectly, I'm speaking of the correct B3 cabins.

Let me put it this way

125403.jpg

7108 and 7111 are the end unit extended veranda cabins in that aft section of cabins which sit over the Grand Dining Room.

110805.jpg

I am not trying to compare the port and starboard equivalent cabins.....I asked about the two bow and stern extended cabins on the starboard side...7009 and 7111....with the extra view on the side. The other extended cabins on deck 7 (bow/stern/port/starboard) all have solid walls on the sides which limit view to directly out.

My title (and cabin numbers) are correct....,.

BTW, I am a he :)

I am so confused :confused:

7008 & 7009 are open on 2 sides... the side facing to the aft

7111 & 7108 are open on 2 sides...the side facing to the bow

other side faces out to sea

so not sure what the issue is

We were over the GDR never heard a sound

I am not trying to compare the port and starboard equivalent cabins.....I asked about the two bow and stern extended cabins on the starboard side...7009 and 7111....with the extra view on the side. The other extended cabins on deck 7 (bow/stern/port/starboard) all have solid walls on the sides which limit view to directly out.

My title (and cabin numbers) are correct....,.

BTW, I am a he :)

7008 and 7009 are the two in the front

7108 and 7111 are the two in the back.

You are correct about those end units only having dividers on one side. This avoids tunnel-vision but the downside is the distinct feeling of being onstage. This bothers some people more than others.

A very close friend of ours (Hondorner)) felt awkward going on the veranda of 7111 in the morning on one cruise, as he had a clear view into 7109 where the occupants never closed their curtains and the wife was in a constant state of deshabille.

You may or may not be as lucky.

I'm almost sorry I started this thread. I thought it a simple question.....I can book either the bow or stern extended cabin on the starboard side....those are 7009 and 7111. They are different, both in location and balcony layout....so I thought it rational to ask if anyone who sailed in either cabin had a comment positive or negative.

Somehow, the thread got caught up in someone deciding I was asking about the wrong cabins.....despite my being very specific about the cabins I cared to compare. I''m not sure I could have been clearer.....

I'm still interested in thoughts, based on experience, whether to book 7009..in the BOW or 7111 in the STERN.....I am leaning towards booking 7009.

A very close friend of ours (Hondorner)) felt awkward going on the veranda of 7111 in the morning on one cruise, as he had a clear view into 7109 where the occupants never closed their curtains and the wife was in a constant state of deshabille. You may or may not be as lucky.

Well I booked 7111 and hope to be as lucky since it would never make me feel awkward. If they don't mind, I won't. I'll just order popcorn and prop my feet up on one of the loungers. (yn) Remind me to tell you about the next door neighbor on our Connie sailing deck 11. They did a B2B from the previous clothing optional cruise. They continued the tradition by sunning on their veranda.

ghstudio, I think you already understand the obvious thanks to Hawaiian Dan-O. Forward you're protected from the wind and look backwards, Aft you're in a wind tunnel, face forward and watch any exhibitionists. As they used to say on 5-O. Book it Dano

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Well I booked 7111 and hope to be as lucky since it would never make me feel awkward. If they don't mind, I won't. I'll just order popcorn and prop my feet up on one of the loungers. (yn) Remind me to tell you about the next door neighbor on our Connie sailing deck 11. They did a B2B from the previous clothing optional cruise. They continued the tradition by sunning on their veranda.

ghstudio, I think you already understand the obvious thanks to Hawaiian Dan-O. Forward you're protected from the wind and look backwards, Aft you're in a wind tunnel, face forward and watch any exhibitionists. As they used to say on 5-O. Book it Dano

You have choosen poorly.....7111 is a wind funnel 7009 is a wind shelter....... trust me its like a wind scoop:o

Well this is A bit concerning, because after all the things that I read I felt fortunate to book 7111 yesterday! Now I'm not quite sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to worry. We loved 7111. It was windy one day out of 12. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Dan, have you actually stayed in this cabin?

No need to worry. We loved 7111. It was windy one day out of 12. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Dan, have you actually stayed in this cabin?

Just as seas can be choppy or calm, I imagine wind can be calm or robust while sailing. What about the views while in port? How are they affected?

We've sailed at the beginning mostly in inside cabins; then did an oceanview. However once we got a balcony, there was no going back. Sometimes we just enjoy the view from inside the cabin without going out on the balcony.

Therefore am I correct in presuming that with the two sided, open veranda that the view would be expanded compared to the double, blinder type veranda dividers?

Been in them with friends who expressed the same, not stayed.... there is wind every day the ship moves... Picture this the ship goes through air like it does through water. Watching the sea run along the side of the ship is gets rougher and rougher till it hits the stern and creates a vortex.

The same happens with wind....it is pure physics 7111 is like putting your hand out the window or your car at 25 mph.... and not expecting any wind resistance.... Think this through with logic. There is no wind when the ship moves and is docking.... but at sea... you will see.

Why do they put "windshields" on cars in front of your face...???? Pick up on the term WIND-shield and its root.

We are in cabin 7009 in August and our friends are on the opposite side in 7008. We wanted the same cabin but opposite sides so we have a choice on which balcony to have drinks on during sail-away and sunsets :-). We prefer facing the aft due to the views and hopefully less wind. I will take some pictures from this balcony as I could not find any pictures from this balcony... I could only find pictures from 7111 and 7108 (at the aft of the ship). We were considering the PH suites at the aft of the ship with the very large wrap around balcony that faces aft but could not justify the price difference, especially with a port intensive Mediterranean cruise.

Been in them with friends who expressed the same, not stayed.... there is wind every day the ship moves... Picture this the ship goes through air like it does through water. Watching the sea run along the side of the ship is gets rougher and rougher till it hits the stern and creates a vortex.

The same happens with wind....it is pure physics 7111 is like putting your hand out the window or your car at 25 mph.... and not expecting any wind resistance.... Think this through with logic. There is no wind when the ship moves and is docking.... but at sea... you will see.

Why do they put "windshields" on cars in front of your face...???? Pick up on the term WIND-shield and its root.

Top speed of Riviera is 20 knots, which it seldom sees and not all winds are headwinds. Any of the four corner extended balconies are highly desirable. We prefer the aft ones for a variety of reasons.

I was in 7121 so would only comment that because of the height of the privacy walls the view from the extended decks are restricted unless you sit right by the railing.

I was in 7121 so would only comment that because of the height of the privacy walls the view from the extended decks are restricted unless you sit right by the railing.

The four corner B3 extended balconies we're discussing only have a single privacy wall the other side is wrap-around railing.