Chops Grille on Allure $49?

I was looking in my cruise planner for Allure sailing April 1, 2018 and the price for Chops Grille is showing $49. I'm hoping this is a mistake. I know the price increased from $35 to $39 since the last time we were on Oasis, and I have read that is the current price. We are getting a specialty dining credit from our TA for $80, and were planning on using it for Chops. Has anyone else heard about this increase? And has anyone had experience with a dining credit? Would we be able to pay the difference and still use it for Chops? Thanks!

I would not pay more than $20 for a specialty restaurant, especially since it'd really be $40 for both of us.

Agree. We liked Chops, but there is no way it is worth $98 for a couple. I figured the credit we are getting would cover it, but not now.

The price went up to $49 a few months ago. We were just on Allure and were able to score a bit of a "deal." We were eating outside at Park Cafe and a gentleman from Chops was walking around trying to get some dinner bookings. We had decided to skip Chops because of the price, so I decided to try to negotiate since I had nothing to lose. I ended up getting us 30% off for the next night. Still a little pricey, but we really enjoyed the meal!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my cruise last month on the Ovation, Chops have a $30 cover charge if the food ordered is less than $50. I assume this would be fleet wide. Since I only wanted lobster and steak I ended up ordering lobster in the free al carte restaurant. Paid $25 as it was on special discount on the last night.

On my cruise last month on the Ovation, Chops have a $30 cover charge if the food ordered is less than $50. I assume this would be fleet wide. Since I only wanted lobster and steak I ended up ordering lobster in the free al carte restaurant. Paid $25 as it was on special discount on the last night.

Sounds like this is something that is unique to Ovation. I have not seen or read about any individual menu item pricing at Chops on any other ship.

I just checked my May Liberty cruise planner and Chops just increased from $35pp to $39pp. We have First Night Done Right for $15pp and will go to Chops. I wouldn't pay the $35pp charge so $39pp is out of the question!

So anyone tell me what is the first night done right says $15 at (f you wish to amend to your reservation, you may do so at the hospitality desk or any specialty restaurant it says)..but when you try to make the reservation it ends up being $98

Does anyone know if you have a dining credit from a TA, will they let you pay the difference if it's more than the credit covers?

We received a specialty voucher from our TA as well, it does not state a $ value. The restrictions for it are must be a port day & must make reservation on-board.

Only way i could do chops now is to buy 1st night done right for $15 apiece and ask for chops once on board

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I wonder if they would let you change it to chops? Has anyone done this yet? I don't even think our crown and anchor BOGO is worth it anymore!

Ugh, especially Chops Grille. That's insane pricing. I'm giving Giovanni's a first try on Brilliance at a mystery dinner theatre deal. Other than that, we're passing up the hype on specialty restaurants. To me, it's just another excuse for garnishing out more cash from the guests.

I certainly wish Chops would go ala carte. I had a recent discussion with a with a Chop's manager and we had a very diverse view on their pricing. He though Chop's was a great deal because of the vast amount of food a patron could order. I, on the other hand, thought it was extremely overpriced because I have had much better food and service at several top quality land based restaurants for about the same price. Give me a nice glass of wine, small salad, suberb steak medium rare, a side of asparagus and finish it all off with a glass of Tawny Port and I am a happy camper.

Quantity vs. quality both reasonable views.

I certainly wish Chops would go ala carte. I had a recent discussion with a with a Chop's manager and we had a very diverse view on their pricing. He though Chop's was a great deal because of the vast amount of food a patron could order. I, on the other hand, thought it was extremely overpriced because I have had much better food and service at several top quality land based restaurants for about the same price. Give me a nice glass of wine, small salad, suberb steak medium rare, a side of asparagus and finish it all off with a glass of Tawny Port and I am a happy camper.

I agree Pete, massive amounts of food are not something I'm looking for in a specialty restaurant.

Careful what you wish for. When Cagney's went a la carte on NCL it was easy to see how much more it would cost for a four course meal (appetizer, soup or salad, main with a side, dessert) versus the price fixed menu.

I guess if you got a house salad and a small steak you'd save money versus price fixed, but that's not the way most people order.

Do you really think they are looking to improve quality after the recent (previous 2 years) menu changes?

I wonder if they would let you change it to chops? Has anyone done this yet? I don't even think our crown and anchor BOGO is worth it anymore!

We did the first Night Done Right, twice as we were B2B, on Oasis in Feb/Mar. They didn't allocate a restaurant but called us in the cabin the first day to ask where we wanted to dine that night. We choose Chops without an issue. When we re-boarded after the first week we went straight to Chops and booked FNDR again.

However I have read that on Allure they allocate your restaurant and you cannot change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk