Distance from RCI pier in SF to pier 39

We'll be in SF for 2 days in early October and plan to do a lot of "touristy" things that include Alcatraz. (We will buy tickets ahead of time.). How far is the cruise port from pier 39? I walk with a cane so if it's not really close, I'll have to look for alternative ways to get there, other than walking.

We'll be in SF for 2 days in early October and plan to do a lot of "touristy" things that include Alcatraz. (We will buy tickets ahead of time.). How far is the cruise port from pier 39? I walk with a cane so if it's not really close, I'll have to look for alternative ways to get there, other than walking.

It's about 3/4 miles to pier 39..if the weather is nice it's a great walk and there are benches in some places to rest. If that is too far to walk, you might try the historic street cars (different from the cable cars) that run on the Embarcadaro. (need exact fare $2.50, going up to $2.75 in July. ask for a transfer) They run back and forth frequently and are easy to spot. Don't miss the Sea Lions on Pier 39. I hope you enjoy your triip.