Transfers

cstrick

We have transfers included on our upcoming cruise (from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport) How is this managed ? We are arriving in LHR 1 day prior to the cruise and are staying in a London hotel..

Are you doing Oceania hotel package?

When you collect your bags at LHR look for the Oceania rep they will look after you

At the hotel they will have an information package plus the rep will meet you the morning of the cruise to put you on the coach

I would confirm you have transfers back to the airport those are usually extra & not included in the hotel package

Of course if you are not using the hotel package deal then it is a moot point

If you have transfers "incluced" I would ask what are you paying for that inclusion and if you did not want the transfer/hotel would that be in a refund? O charged $$$$$$$ for its transfers many times 2 times what you could grab a cab and a hotel yourself....

I suspect your included transfer was paid for by you...and hidden by the Travel Agent in the total price you paid.... someone paid .... and it probably was you..... do some research

When you take a hotel package transfers are included..there is a rep at the airport and usually transfer is by bus and very easy..

Jancruz1

However, Jan. when you take the hotel package your paying 30 to 50% more for the hotel than you would if you walkked in the door... Take Miami, last week, The O hotel package was $285... booked with Marriott the Hotel was $168.00 and a cab was $27.. Just an example

However, Jan. when you take the hotel package your paying 30 to 50% more for the hotel than you would if you walkked in the door... Take Miami, last week, The O hotel package was $285... booked with Marriott the Hotel was $168.00 and a cab was $27.. Just an example

And Dan, isn't the O $285 per person?? Making the difference a whole lot more.

And Dan, isn't the O $285 per person?? Making the difference a whole lot more.

Actually your right.....silly me . so thats really for 2 is $570 and it would have cost $192 hotel and cab, to do it on your own.... Thats only $ 362 a night more..... Heck I can get a rt flight t LAX to Miami 5200 miles rt, for $280 and a rental car for $18 meet the couple drive them to the hotel 15 miles;p and fly home and make a profit of $64.00 for my time... Where do I sign up.......

Just like some people are will to do their laundry for $4 a load & others choose to pay a lot more for Oceania to do it for them

Who really cares how other people spend THEIR money

YMMD it does not make anyone right or wrong

Just like some people are will to do their laundry for $4 a load & others choose to pay a lot more for Oceania to do it for them

Who really cares how other people spend THEIR money

YMMD it does not make anyone right or wrong

There is a big difference between ridiculous and reasonable... Having to pay the Rolex price for a Timex. vs wanting to pay that. Is the question

The point is one of not so much making choice through ignorance of reality. an informed decision...or is it just plain being sold a bill of goods under the pretense " this is a good deal" to a trusting unsuspecting and trusting client.... Would that client still choose if he was told his options?.....I dont know that many would... It was in someones else's best interest that the client was sold this.....

$4 a load VS $25 done for you is $19 bucks...... here we are talking almost $400!!!:confused:

sold

Isn't London one of the PITA cities given the distance of the city from the port? The transfer has more "value" in these particular situations.

And, some might say a taxi to downtown London is a waste given that you can take public transportation (if you don't mind lugging a ton luggage through a tube station.) Did that when we were young...wouldn't dream of it now.

Agree with Lyn, O is only giving a seamless easy option for those who don't mind paying.

Isn't London one of the PITA cities given the distance of the city from the port? The transfer has more "value" in these particular situations.

And, some might say a taxi to downtown London is a waste given that you can take public transportation (if you don't mind lugging a ton luggage through a tube station.) Did that when we were young...wouldn't dream of it now.

Agree with Lyn, O is only giving a seamless easy option for those who don't mind paying.

I dont think you have to deal with animal rights people in order to to get into London... I have never seen PITA demonstrators..... where did you hear this?

I agree on Taxis..... the tube stations are a zoo now and the ticket totaly expensive

I dont think you have to deal with animal rights people in order to to get into London... I have never seen PITA demonstrators..... where did you hear this?

I agree on Taxis..... the tube stations are a zoo now and the ticket totaly expensive

Dan, PITA is short for pain in the ass. You are thinking of PETA, people eating tasting animals. No animal rights people in this discussion.:D

When you take a hotel package transfers are included..there is a rep at the airport and usually transfer is by bus and very easy..

Jancruz1

I guess when you are a T/A the more your clients spend the more commission you make. Just saying, whatever this is worth.

I guess when you are a T/A the more your clients spend the more commission you make. Just saying, whatever this is worth.

Just like any business where people work on commission

so what is your point??

I think the point is pretty simple, get your luggage, go outside get in a cab, go to your hotel that you booked. With the money you save - have a nice dinner and you'll still have money to get a cab to go to the port at the time you want to go to the port. It's really a better way! But it's not for everyone.

Along these lines, there is new law that is going into effect for salesman of stocks, bonds and financial advisers and lawyers that requires the "agent" to act in every case in the best interest of his clients... not his!. To do other wise is going to be a felony. Tons of agents and agencies are bailing out of that market because thats not what they do Called Fiduciary responsibility act.... or something close.

Just wondering how long it will be until other professions, which act as your agent/representative and sell you products based on their advice will be required to do the Same:confused:

cvn_171331.jpg

Conversations with those people who choose to believe that Cruise Line Transfers and Excursions are more expensive because they are "just better", are similar to, well, let's just call them discussions which I've had with my sainted mother.

My well researched facts were praised as brilliant, yet they always played second fiddle to ideas which mother once overheard from the man with the limp and the funny toupee who lived in the next street. :o

Along these lines, there is new law that is going into effect for salesman of stocks, bonds and financial advisers and lawyers that requires the "agent" to act in every case in the best interest of his clients... not his!. To do other wise is going to be a felony. Tons of agents and agencies are bailing out of that market because thats not what they do Called Fiduciary responsibility act.... or something close.

Just wondering how long it will be until other professions, which act as your agent/representative and sell you products based on their advice will be required to do the Same:confused:

In general you make a pretty good point in saying that anyone who acts as our agent is required to do what is in our best interest. Case by case that might not always be so when the client has special needs that cost more to take care of. But the vast majority of the time spending less for the same service is right for the customer. :):):)

This was an excellent law protecting the consumers which was, I believe, terminated by an executive order of our president - in his infinite wisdom.

I wonder who is to benefit from this change? :(

Disclaimer - I've been away from home for a while so I cannot follow the news as I would at home but I believe that this is what I read and heard on the news.

Edited by Paulchili

How about the $175 air deviation that is waived when you take a hotel..Dan not for everyone BUT there are people that like to be taken care of and when you subtract the air transfers to hotel and ship..not that terrible..

Jancruz1

Actually your right.....silly me . so thats really for 2 is $570 and it would have cost $192 hotel and cab, to do it on your own.... Thats only $ 362 a night more..... Heck I can get a rt flight t LAX to Miami 5200 miles rt, for $280 and a rental car for $18 meet the couple drive them to the hotel 15 miles;p and fly home and make a profit of $64.00 for my time... Where do I sign up.......

Dan, I am looking for a flight to Miami for 11/24 nonstop from LA with a return 12/12 and they are over $450 ..can you direct me to the $280 flight..

Thanks,

Jancruz1