Muster Drill

jdemps

How has the muster drill been lately on the Miracle? Curious because the last one on Imagination (DEC 1) started about 20 minutes late and then lasted about 45 minutes. Sitting in the theater for a long time with no info, told to be quiet but no one was and then herded out to the life boats and the crew/announcers just seemed very disorganized.

Do the muster drills always start late these days or was this a fluke? They didn't even start making announcements to head to your muster station until the time listed on the fun times. I thought it was off and hoping the Miracle is more organized.

Thanks for your feedback.

The muster drill on the Miracle is outside at your muster station.

You don't go to a theater first. There will be an announcement of when you need to go there and staff will be around the ship to direct you.

We go slowly so that we are not in the first groups to arrive as standing outdoors with lines of people surrounding me is not fun. We prefer to be in the last one or 2 lines . The crew will wait until everyone is outside and then they will give the info about what to do in an emergency.

The muster drill on the Miracle is outside at your muster station.

You don't go to a theater first. There will be an announcement of when you need to go there and staff will be around the ship to direct you.

We go slowly so that we are not in the first groups to arrive as standing outdoors with lines of people surrounding me is not fun. We prefer to be in the last one or 2 lines . The crew will wait until everyone is outside and then they will give the info about what to do in an emergency.

ok so if the fun times say muster will begin at 3:30, we shouldn't even begin to arrive until 4pm?

That would certainly make it less painful. We always head there before the start time that is listed on fun times, I guess that is our mistake - being on time....lolol

We are supposed to do sail away at 4:30pm on July 8th so I sure hope they get their act together to have this all done in time so the newbies in our group can see sail away.

I like showing up early to muster drills. It ensures I get a wall to lean on waiting on the draggers.

I heard they now will scan your S&S card to ensure everyone attends.

I'm with you! On the Conquest class we have stood outside by the lifeboats forever and I need that wall to hold me up.

Yes, on our cruise in January they scanned the cards. Those who didn't bother showing up held us up even longer as they announced the names over and over. Lots of people at the wrong muster station and the no shows really can mess things up for everyone else.