Connecting from a to c at boston

We will be flying on American and landing at Terminal A in Boston. The problem is, we don't have connecting Flights so will need to pick up our luggage then get to Terminal C to recheck in at the Iceland Air Terminal. Can the Shuttle running to Terminals handle our luggage and how long does it take to get to the other Terminal.. We arrive in Boston at 5:26 and our Iceland Air flight is 8:45 PM.

Gay

We will be flying on American and landing at Terminal A in Boston. The problem is, we don't have connecting Flights so will need to pick up our luggage then get to Terminal C to recheck in at the Iceland Air Terminal. Can the Shuttle running to Terminals handle our luggage and how long does it take to get to the other Terminal.. We arrive in Boston at 5:26 and our Iceland Air flight is 8:45 PM.

Gay

Hi Gay,

There are shuttle buses that circle the airport continuously to transport folks between the terminals. It says bus 11 and 55. https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/inside-the-airport/terminals/

Shuttle buses run frequently and from terminal A they will make two stops at terminal B and one stop at terminal C - about 10 minutes.

Are you sure Iceland Air leaves from terminal C? There is kind of a no man's land between Terminal C and terminal E which I got lost in arriving on Jet Blue. I think some of the terminal E gates are in terminal C. Anyway, I think the Icelandic Air counters are in Terminal E, but the actual gates could be in Terminal C.

Hello Carol I hoped you would be replying. I am only going by the Boston Terminal Map. Oh here it is, your right Reservations list TERMINAL E I did get the information regarding the Bus but if Terminal E is what we need, that could change the # we need.

Gay

Hello Carol I hoped you would be replying. I am only going by the Boston Terminal Map. Oh here it is, your right Reservations list TERMINAL E I did get the information regarding the Bus but if Terminal E is what we need, that could change the # we need.

Gay

OK - terminal E it is. The 11 and 55 buses stop at each terminal. Terminal E is the stop after Terminal C. There is no longer a Terminal D.

That is good news. You get on the bus on the lower level arrivals area at Terminal A and just get off at Terminal E, which has only one level for arrivals and departures.

Great, I was a little worried about getting our luggage on the shuttle for the trip over to E. My husband doesn't walk very fast anymore and will b 84 in July. Will need to work out something for handling luggage and getting it on the shuttle. I am alright with it. Thank you.

Gay

Great, I was a little worried about getting our luggage on the shuttle for the trip over to E. My husband doesn't walk very fast anymore and will b 84 in July. Will need to work out something for handling luggage and getting it on the shuttle. I am alright with it. Thank you.

Gay

Terminal A is enormous and it's a real hike to certain gates. Ask for assistance. Throw some money at it and take a cab to Terminal E. When I traveled with my mother, we always had a budget for "assistance" tips and transportation. I insisted she always board with wheelchair assistance so that she was protected. All it would have taken was one careless person with a roller board to knock her down. Trust me - you can't handle both the luggage transfer and protect your husband at the same time.

If it were myself & daughter, no problem but your suggestion of a cab might be better, then the cab can carry the luggage. :) His para trooping days are catching up with him and his right knee is bothering him on long walks. Can we catch the Cab in the same general area and how much do you think it will cost so I can set some aside.

Gay

If it were myself & daughter, no problem but your suggestion of a cab might be better, then the cab can carry the luggage. :) His para trooping days are catching up with him and his right knee is bothering him on long walks. Can we catch the Cab in the same general area and how much do you think it will cost so I can set some aside.

Gay

There are cabs available on the arrivals level. It should be $13-15 including a good tip if he provides good assistance.

Thank you Carol I will plan on getting the Cab over, this should be far easier and faster for us. We could probably do the shuttle but since my husband doesn't walk very fast and could probably do the shuttle it will be far easier on him for us to cab it.

Gay

What airline are you flying to Logan? I'm serious about how far the walk is from certain gates. Several years ago I fell and badly bruised my back at our daughter's in Oregon. I had trip insurance because I was going on a cruise(which I had to cancel) and they flew me home nonstop to the furthest gate at terminal A. I knew where I would arrive and I prearranged for assistance because I knew there was no way I could ever walk it.

We are flying out on American Airlines and arriving at 5:26 PM from So Calif. Our Iceland Air flight is at 8:45 PM. We return home from Logan on AA. at 12:38 PM

Gay

American Airlines is based at Terminal B. Where did you find these terminal assignments? Terminal B is much better.

American is going strong in Terminal B - their Admiral's Club is there.

I tend to fly a limited set of airlines, but over the years I've been in all of the Logan terminals. I'm now most attached to terminal C because of Alaska Air. You did buy an American ticket with a real AA flight number? The reason I'm asking is that the Alaska Air flights I take to Portland are also offered by AA and they arrive and leave from terminal C.

I booked directly with AA not an online site, so I can check my flight status and also put myself on the Alerts for changes. A Couple on same cruise are coming in from Columbus, OH and will also need to get their luggage and re check in at Iceland Air. We will meet up at our Gate for Iceland air but they arrive around 4 PM which is more what i was hoping for. We leave Palm Springs & connect in DFW to BOS.

Gay

I am just concerned that its tight, but then, I tend to worry about things. If you land at 5:30, you aren't going to have your luggage until 6:00. Then to get to the taxi line. Then to get a taxi to take you to terminal E. Then to recheck in, get through security, get to the gate. Plus, I assume you will want to get some food at some point.

Yes that is what I am figuring. I hope it doesn't take us more then an hour to get luggage & checked into Terminal E. I am not worried about getting to gates on time it is more what it leaves us to get something to eat. Flight leaves at 8:45, however they begin boarding probably at 7:15. Carol said coming into Terminal B on AA is much better then Terminal A

Gay

Called AA and she suggested we have a cart ready once we land to go to Luggage. My main thing is to reduce the time down as much as possible in getting luggage and over to E and hopefully give us more time to grab something to eat. It would cost to much to switch to an earlier arrival time.

Gay

Carol, not really, I called to see what it would be to change to a 4:41 arrival but it would add another $700 to flight. Present schedule leaves us 3 hours 19 minutes once we arrive in Boston to connect with Iceland Air

Depart Palm Springs 6:05 AM AR DFW 10:56 AM

Depart DFW 12:35 PM AR BOS 5:26 PM

Depart BOS 8:45 PM for Copenhagen

Gay

What exact date are you flying? You plan everything so carefully, I just want to make sure you have a plan B for any delays that cause you to miss the Icelandic Air flight from Boston.

I've had two experiences with trip interruption that were covered by insurance, but the limit was $150/day, which is not going to cover Boston. One of these events involved making it to Boston from Cape Liberty in a snowstorm, but not being able to reach my house and getting stranded in Boston at a downtown hotel.

Carol I bit the bullet and changed our flights, it cost $608 but gives an extra hour.

August 22, 2017 Depart Palm Springs 6:45 AM Arrive in PHX 7:59 AM

Depart PHX 8:49 Arrive in Boston 4:41 PM

Iceland Air flight to Copenhagen Departs Boston 8:45 PM

Gay

Wow! Personally I think Phoenix could be a better transfer point than DFW. Your time is tight. Consider requesting wheelchair assistance because there could be a lot of walking between gates. I've flown a lot to DFW. The risk there is severe summer storms. Only got stranded once, but was on corporate travel, so they just threw money at it.