Ziplining in Icy Strait Point Location

Jimbo

How far from the end of the zipline is the cruise ship? Trying to find out if we have time to zipline and make another excursion when the ziplining is done.

Can we walk it or do they take you back in a bus or something?

Wondering if it is set up like Labadee? Even though that is quite a walk back to the ship from even there?

Tour times are close and Port times are short? 2 excursions may not be possible.

Jimbo:)

As I remember, the zip line ends fairly close to the dock. I was there when it first opened and have vivid memories of the village elders inaugurating the zip line by taking the first rides...

Edited by wolfie11

Could I hike from the port to the start of the Zip Line?

Tom

It takes 45 minutes by bus, and this may also be restricted private property. I would not count on there be access for you to just "hike".

It takes 45 minutes by bus, and this may also be restricted private property. I would not count on there be access for you to just "hike".

Looks like it's an eight mile, one way, hike up the mountain from the dock. And this area is known for Brown bears......yikes. Darn, this would have been perfect for our group but we better pass on hiking.

Thanks for the info.

Tom

We booked another excursion that gets done between 7:30pm and 8:00pm...........ships leaves at 10:00pm...........Would there be enough time to zipline before the ship leaves? Meaning if we are back closer to 7:30pm can we then book the zipline ourselves through the zipline company itself?

Meaning how late does the zipline stay open....I guess it would depend on the weather conditions also.

Jimbo:)

You can verify this right from your ship shore excursion list. It is the SAME tour and times. Buying on shore is more costly with the tax added. This is a cruise contracted compound. What are the times of this tour on the "book" page?

Verify when you board the ship, but the operation schedule is going to be what is available from the shore excursion desk. There aren't going to be any alternative times, will be the same for ship and walk up booked excursions. In a couple weeks why not call them directly and get the current information.

I'm certain, this is not gong to be available for you. You are neglectiing to add the significant prep time needed and it's a 45 minute ride up. Only 4 riders at a time, so this tour is not going to be operating with only 2 hours of port time left. They run full buses up, not private tour riders. It's a mile ride, cables have to be hooked, unhooked, returned to top, kind of obvious the amount of time required and why the cost.

Edited by Budget Queen

We were there in 2008. Did a Bear Walk in the morning then decided to do the Zip line. Just depends on how much time you have in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums