Question about walk off disembarkation.....

JudithLynne

We are Elite and have a question about disembarkation walk off with all of our luggage. Can we go to whatever lounge is designated for Elite/Platinum and do walk off from there or is that lounge only for color groups? Is there an advantage to leaving from that lounge as opposed to the general meeting area for walk-offs? On our next cruise we are looking for the quickest way off because of an early flight.

Thanks for any information or experiences. We will be on the Star Princess.

We are Elite and have a question about disembarkation walk off with all of our luggage. Can we go to whatever lounge is designated for Elite/Platinum and do walk off from there or is that lounge only for color groups? Is there an advantage to leaving from that lounge as opposed to the general meeting area for walk-offs? On our next cruise we are looking for the quickest way off because of an early flight.

a lot of people go to the gangway and wait till its time to go and that way they are off quick and smart

a lot of people go to the gangway and wait till its time to go and that way they are off quick and smart

And a lot of people sit on the stairs, blocking anybody and everybody. I don't like the stair-sitters.

Also, On disembarkation day keep in mind there will likely be issues getting in an elevator due to the number of people and their luggage and/or carry-ons. I find I have to go up and then eventually I will get down. Just sayin', leave time for this.

1 week ago, I disembarked the Star in Vancouver and asked for the first walk off. sometimes they have 4 groups of walkoffs, so ask for the first group. OUr meeting place was Explorers and right by the door to exit. we were right by the door and at 7:45am..... we were let go!!! LOl :)

I usually don't go to the Elite lounge because I too have an early flight and being first walkoff, its easier just going to the lounge that they tell you to in the disembarkation sheet.

hope that helps. :)

On occasion in San Pedro there has been a second walk-off exit by the aft Lounge (Vista/Club Fusion) where the P/E/S disembarkation Lounge is located. It is a shorter distance and the lounge walk-offs has been released before other walk-offs. This might be only in San Pedro and not every cruise but it was a very short wait to go through Customs and Immigration as we were near the head of the line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you can do the walk off from the PES disembarkation lounge.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I sure appreciate all the feedback that I am getting on this. Sounds like the vote is still out on using the lounge. It probably depends n the ship.

We are disembarking in Vancouver. We will be the only ship at Canada Place that day, which will help. Even after a long cruising history, I still get nervous about making our flight(s) home.

We have walked off before and had no problem with luggage, we each have a spinner with a carry-on hanging on the handle.

We definitely need to try for the 1st walk off. We are Elite, CC for that cruise, and have an early flight. If that doesn't work, I will see the Captain's Circle hostess the night before.

We have walked off before and had no problem with luggage, we each have a spinner with a carry-on hanging on the handle.

We definitely need to try for the 1st walk off. We are Elite, CC for that cruise, and have an early flight. If that doesn't work, I will see the Captain's Circle hostess the night before.

You shouldn't have a problem.

We do assisted. On the form they send to be filled out for disembarkation I write:

"Elite request PLEASE 1st Assisted."

We always get it without a problem. :)

I sure appreciate all the feedback that I am getting on this. Sounds like the vote is still out on using the lounge. It probably depends n the ship.

We are disembarking in Vancouver. We will be the only ship at Canada Place that day, which will help. Even after a long cruising history, I still get nervous about making our flight(s) home.

Trust me on this and go to the PES lounge. Let the Circle Host know that you need to catch an early flight. The passengers in the PES lounge will be let off the ship prior to all the other walk-offs. I used to go to the walk-off lounge, along with the other 500-600 people (or even more sometimes). It's a madhouse. Then someone on Cruise Critic told me about the PES lounge passengers getting off the ship first. How do I know we were the first ones off? We were the only ship in port that day and there were no other passengers in the terminal, except for about ten of us that were let off before everyone else. I was off the ship at 7:15 am and sitting at the gate, ready for my flight, at 8:15 am. The plane didn't leave until 10:30 am, so I made it with time to spare. I seriously doubt that if I had gone to the regular walk-off lounge (usually one of the dining room because so many people want the walk-off now) that I would have made it to the gate so quickly.

is there an area for people with canes?

Not specifically for people with canes.

Princess does provide a complimentary wheelchair (with a crew member pushing it) to anyone who needs it for disembarkation. Just check with the Passenger Services Desk.

They provide wheelchair service on the assisted disembarkation groups. I don't believe they provide wheelchair service on the early walk-off disembarkation.

is there an area for people with canes?

There is an area for those with wheelchairs, etc. when doing assisted.

Not a good idea for those with canes to do unassisted.

Remember, you'll have no help at all and will need to be able to do it totally on your own. ;)

Trust me on this and go to the PES lounge. Let the Circle Host know that you need to catch an early flight. The passengers in the PES lounge will be let off the ship prior to all the other walk-offs. I used to go to the walk-off lounge, along with the other 500-600 people (or even more sometimes). It's a madhouse. Then someone on Cruise Critic told me about the PES lounge passengers getting off the ship first. How do I know we were the first ones off? We were the only ship in port that day and there were no other passengers in the terminal, except for about ten of us that were let off before everyone else. I was off the ship at 7:15 am and sitting at the gate, ready for my flight, at 8:15 am. The plane didn't leave until 10:30 am, so I made it with time to spare. I seriously doubt that if I had gone to the regular walk-off lounge (usually one of the dining room because so many people want the walk-off now) that I would have made it to the gate so quickly.

What is a PES lounge? That's a new one for me. :confused: