Elation April 22 - FTTF and best $10 I spent

Moonlighting

Just back and wanted to answer some questions many of us had after getting the call we couldn't get on until 1:30, even with FTTF.

I decided to take a chance and arrived at port at 11:25 - There were probably 100 cars already there, check in easy and on ship by noon. I was told by the person who checked us in we could go to our room immediately. When we got on the elevator there was an attendant and he told us we couldn't go to our room until 1:30. Went to Lido until 12:30 and decided I wanted to see if we could go to our room, and it was ready. There was a sign at hall entrance that stated if wouldn't be ready until 1:30 for people not Diamond, Platinum, FTTF. The water and beer I ordered was in the room. Our steward brought us 2 gigantic waters for being FTTF.

Tip: no frig for beer and I didn't want to ice it each time I wanted one - I would take a warm beer to the bar and exchange for a cold one.

There is a separate line at customer service for FTTF that was nice - but for ports I didn't see how it was useful.

This is where I do believe I messed up - I did put our luggage out for disembarkation and it stated to go to Mikado lounge at 9am - when I was having coffee around 8 I asked the cruise director when i would be called off and he said around 10, so I woke my daughter and we went to Lido until around 9:20. I reread the paper and we went to the Mikado lounge and a group was being called out and I asked when could FTTF go and he said join the group leaving, so I do believe I could have left at 9 :( We did wait about 20 minutes on the steps and about another 10 to get to the point where our luggage was and this is when I made the best choice!!! I asked for a porter for our luggage (not many were) and if you have a porter you don't have to wait in the long lines to go through customs.They take you to a special counter that had no waiting!!! He walked us to our car and I gave him $10 for 3 bags - feeling guilty now, I should have given him more for passing that long line.

Just a few thoughts - didn't make the cruise bad, but saved me calories. the food wasn't hot or really warm in MDR except my french onion soup the last night (yummy). French fries at burger place were also cold - lido food just ok. ice cream cones yummy.

Our room was a good size and my DD enjoyed the window and looking at stars when laying in bed at night. We lived out of our suitcases and after I put them in hall Wednesday night I realized the floor was wet at the wall at bathroom where the shower was. I couldn't figure it out until the next morning and realized the shower must leak through the wall because the carpet was stained in different spots that were dry.

Never had a problem getting a lounge chair at either pool or adult area - that was awesome. Comedy was ok, Quest was hilarious - don't miss that.

we did have bad weather and our itinerary changed so I will be happy to answer any questions.

How many dining choices are on this boat?

We are driving today and my husband said he wanted lobster. I haven't even looked to see what all of the options are for eating.

Any favorite places? And if so-could you provide what the dress code is?