Wondering About Average Age

CDD248

We are long time cruisers going back to our days of family cruising with our kids. Now that it's just me and my husband, we've gravitated away from the big ships and have gone to Crystal, Regent, and Seabourn. We've seen a couple of itineraries on Silversea that look interesting. We are wondering what is the typical age on Silversea. We've loved Crystal but find it tends to be more 70s and 80s age group and pretty dead at night after the show. Regent and Seabourn seem to have a larger amount of 50s and 60s, which is our age group and it's easy to find people to connect with and share evening activities with. Any info would be appreciated.

I agree that shorter cruises result in younger guests.

Itinerary can as well. For example, when we sailed Silver Shadow in Alaska the overall guest age was lower. In fact, there were a lot of children on that cruise.

The date of the sailing also is a factor with an overall younger age often seen in the summer months.

My own view is this applies to other luxury lines because I have seen the same thing on luxury lines such as Crystal with shorter iinteraries in the summer months in places such as Alaska and the Mediterranean.

Keith

Is the average age the same on an expedition cruise to Antarctica on the Cloud? We are in our 60s.

Impossible to say as there has never been an expedition cruise to the Antarctic before on the Cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

We have been on several SS cruises and while Caribbean is a bit younger, SS definitely seems to skew to the 70s and 80s. We are 45 and 50...so we have recently been trying a few other lines to find cruisers closer to our age range. Our experience has been that SS ships are pretty dead at night. We have also done an expedition cruise andexpected younger but it was no different.

I can't agree with the comment that the Silversea ships are pretty dead at night. I've been on several cruises where we closed the bars with many people at 4 in the morning. Wouldn't call that dead. On my last cruise on the Shadow in Asia last year we had a group of colombians on board and they loved to dance the night away. We had lots of fun.

I am in my 40s and I was not the youngest last time.

I can't agree with the comment that the Silversea ships are pretty dead at night. I've been on several cruises where we closed the bars with many people at 4 in the morning. Wouldn't call that dead. On my last cruise on the Shadow in Asia last year we had a group of colombians on board and they loved to dance the night away. We had lots of fun.

I am in my 40s and I was not the youngest last time.

I said “our experience”...obviously every ship every cruise isn’t going to be like what we have experienced. But I would say that people in the bar til 4am certainly is the exception! And I never said we were the youngest...but the ships skews older than other lines...

I said “our experience”...obviously every ship every cruise isn’t going to be like what we have experienced. But I would say that people in the bar til 4am certainly is the exception! And I never said we were the youngest...but the ships skews older than other lines...

I will be 56 (my wife is a tad bit older) when we go on our cruise in May. Safe was a concern as well. Then I realized it didn't matter TO US as we are going for the itinerary and the ship and what it provides.

If the people are older or younger, it doesn't matter, because the cruise is what we choose to make it.

I am very social and my wife is not. She has had to become more outgoing and I have learned that there are situations where I should be more reserved. That said, I believe that she is more suited to meeting new people than I am.

I am sure that we will meet a lot of nice people, but if we don't, it's not going to ruin our cruise. We have had to adjust to some lifestyle changes the past few years which forced us to stretch ourselves.

I will be the obvious one on the cruise because I'll be will the prettiest girl on the cruise. 63 days until embarkation!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I was late 40s on our first SS voyage, with a small group of similarly aged people. But most of the rest of the cruise was comprised of a University alumni group (and those who had buildings named after them at the University despite not attending) most of whom were in their 70s and 80s. We had a hard time keeping up with the alumni, as they were fit, intelligent, curious and very active. Don’t let ‘age-ism’ affect your choices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums