Question about cabins on Viking River Cruises

DreadPirateRobert

Hi, first Viking Cruise coming up in about 30 days. We've purchased warm clothes for excursions but I was wondering about life on the boat. I realize everyone is different when it comes to temperature but was seeking perceptions of how warm or cool it is in cabins, lounges, dining rooms etc. My wife likes our house at 73 and I'm always cold if that gives you some idea of my tolerance.

Thanks...

There is a private thermostat in the cabin. I also set that to about 70; the cabin attendant always resets it to a warmer temperature. Sometimes the lounge and dining room can be a little chilly but I prefer the chill over a heated room. When you sit in the dining room or lounge do not sit at the windows as you may be colder sitting against the windows.

Can't promise this on your cruise, but on our Christmas Markets cruise 2 years ago on the Odin, the bathroom floors were heated. Loved them so much I wanted to sleep on the floor (DH runs hot so he likes the room colder than I do). Also, our room tended to be a bit on the cool side and I thought it might be because we were in the lowest level of cabins and partly below the water line. Overall though I have found the temperature in the public rooms to be comfortable.

I am hot natured, and I find the dining room to be comfortable on Viking. My Mother and her sister who sail with me find the dining room to be chilly and usually bring a wrap to put around their shoulders. If I had to guess, I'd imagine it to be around 70 degrees in the dining room.

The Aquavit Lounge in the bow has large paneled windows that open. On one of our Christmas market cruises we were under sail during the day and it was lovely out. My husband and I were curled up on some couches and he dozed off. It was a bit chilly and one of the servers came by and put a blanket around my sleeping husband. They are really observant and thoughtful.

We were on the Mani in May and even then had cool days on the Rhine Getaway. The public rooms would tend to run on the cooler side so used a sweater often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, first Viking Cruise coming up in about 30 days. We've purchased warm clothes for excursions but I was wondering about life on the boat. I realize everyone is different when it comes to temperature but was seeking perceptions of how warm or cool it is in cabins, lounges, dining rooms etc. My wife likes our house at 73 and I'm always cold if that gives you some idea of my tolerance.

Thanks...

I like low 70s, DH prefers 65 :) We were warm in the cabin even on the lowest thermostat setting, but it was a very hot September and we had a veranda cabin on the west side, so we always had the afternoon sun.

I was comfortable in the public areas of the ship in short sleeves.

My husband found the comforter/duvet too warm. We asked the steward for a top sheet - which they don't seem to use in Europe. It appeared that night and stayed for the cruise, making my husband very happy! I have to admit I used just the sheet a couple of times myself.