Huatulco

tcworld

• 2 weeks later...
We are planning to take a cab to the Copalita Ruins in Huatuclo in January. Should we just have the cab drop us off or would it be wise to have him wait for us?

My husband and I are visiting Huatulco for the 10th time in January. We spend two weeks there every year.

Taxis are very plentiful and reasonable in that area. I would not worry about the availability of a taxi back to the ship. The drivers know when and where there will be demand and are usually there waiting. If (in the rare instance) there is not a cab there waiting, the visitor center will be happy to call one for you. You would have a maximum wait time of 5-10 minutes.

I would not recommend trusting a driver to be at an appointed place and time. If they have the opportunity for another fare that lapses over your appointed time he will take it.

My husband and I are visiting Huatulco for the 10th time in January. We spend two weeks there every year.

Taxis are very plentiful and reasonable in that area. I would not worry about the availability of a taxi back to the ship. The drivers know when and where there will be demand and are usually there waiting. If (in the rare instance) there is not a cab there waiting, the visitor center will be happy to call one for you. You would have a maximum wait time of 5-10 minutes.

I would not recommend trusting a driver to be at an appointed place and time. If they have the opportunity for another fare that lapses over your appointed time he will take it.

Thanks for the info. I feel more secure when I have information of a place we haven't been before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a port stop in Huatulco and took a ship excursion to Copalito. If I go back, I'd take a taxi there instead of an excursion. Our guide spent way too much time to my liking in the museum, with not enough time exploring the ruins. It's easy to get a taxi at the port, ask the driver to stop at the Huatulco sign to enjoy the view and take a few pictures, and then drop you off at Copalito. The ruins were really interesting and different from others I've gone to like Tulum. The area has been open to the public for only three years, so many of the displays are in the process of being uncovered. Copalito is not very crowded, and the interest for me was seeing a site in the process of being revealed. The area is extremely well maintained and beautiful. The view of the ocean and beach from the cliff was beautiful.

• 11 months later...

Any idea of what it would cost for three people to go to Copalita Ruins and back?

How long does it take to get to the ruins from the cruise dock? We were hoping to

spend 4 hours, 5 at the most including traveling time. Is it possible?