Ensenada fun? :)

milkcat

Hi! My boyfriend and I are sailing to Catalina & Ensenada in a few days. I was wondering what's there to do in the area if we don't want to purchase excursions from the cruise line.

Also I don't like wine so... [emoji4]

Are there any reputable independent tours?

If we take taxis, are there taxis to avoid? Can we go about without converting to pesos?

The only thing I really want to do in Ensenada is eat tacos but after that I'm not sure what else to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, a little over two weeks until we go. I was looking for the name of the buses that are parked at the port that take you into town. They have good deals on excursions. Two years ago, we went to the Blowhole and horseback riding for$25/pp and a $3 ride in town. I couldn't find it but I did find a company called Ensenada Tour Guide and they have pretty good packages. We are going to do the zip line, ATV, and Blowhole. They have several packages. I would check them out just to see what kinds of things you can do while there.

Thanks for the info Phoenixx.

I am trying to figure out a place to go kick back on the beach. Anyone have any suggestions for safe beach areas?

I wish I could remember the name of the beach we went horseback riding on. But it was only 10 minutes from the port. It looked pretty clean, and when we were there the kiddos were getting out of school and kinda cheering us on along the way. I'll see if I can find any photos that may have the name of the beach and let you know. But you may be able to ask one of the tour operators at the port (busses lined up outside) where the beach is and they should be able to instruct you. If I remember correctly, there weren't any chairs or anything, just a public beach.