All-Inclusive Day Pass - Puerto Vallarta

KiaOra

Hi all - I know this topic has been covered before but I am not finding anything recent. I am traveling with a large group and we are interested in finding an all-inclusive for the day while in port in PV. Because we will probably have about 10+ people in our group, I'd like to find a place that accepts advance bookings. We're interested in the Secrets property because we stayed at one in Cozumel a couple of years ago and had a great experience - has anyone been to the PV one recently? Or any other recommendations on places that take advance bookings? We are open to other places - basically would just like a place with a pool, beach and all-inclusive food/drinks. Thanks for any insight! :)

There are just a few hotels that give out daypasses. I have not heard of making advance reservations, as hotels decide about this on a daily basis depending how many hotelguests are staying there.

Indeed Secrets might be an option as also Hyatt Ziva.

Secrets is closer to the cruiseterminal, but you need a bus or cab to get there. Hyatt is more south, cab to get there.

Marriott in the Marina charges US$ 35,- of which 25,- is for food and drinks. Check this price with them, it might have gone up. Also here cab is needed.

Krystal Hotel near the termina lin general offers free entrance to their grounds by showing your cruisecard, but of course you need to pay for food and drinks.Bring your towels.

Restaurants on Playa los Muertos in old town offer seats, food and drinks of course, but no pool.

Edited by Ine

Check out Resorts for a day! I believe they offer the Rui. We are doing the Rui in Cabo.

Riu hotels are not in Puerto Vallarta, but in Nuevo Vallarta, which is far more north.

It will take about 30/45 minutes by cab to get there.

Check out Resorts for a day! I believe they offer the Rui. We are doing the Rui in Cabo.

Do you actually have a reservation for 2016 through Resorts for a Day? I tried to get one in Cabo for our Sept. 25 cruise and it showed that it was unavailable. I decided to contact the Riu directly and was told via email by a representative that I could not make a reservation due to refurbishing from August through Dec. 15. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.:(

Restaurants on Playa los Muertos in old town offer seats, food and drinks of course, but no pool.

Thanks for this information. Was just now looking for a beach in PV.

Will we need a cab to get there? And, if yes, is it easy getting a cab back to port?

Thanks for this information. Was just now looking for a beach in PV.

Will we need a cab to get there? And, if yes, is it easy getting a cab back to port?

You can get a cab to get there. Those at the port often charge in US$ and per person. The yellow cabs at the highway charge per ride. Expect to pay around Pesos 120,- for this. Simply tell them Playa Los Muertos. Various restaurants around there.

No problem getting a cab back.

Or take one of the blue/white buses with Centro or Olas Altas in the screen, they charge Pesos 7.50 per ride. It will take about 20/30 minutes.

Are you certain that entrance to Krystal is still no-charge? I've read conflicting info about this.....

Also, is Secrets and Amber the same resort?

Looking for feedback on both. Thanks.

I cannot guarantee that Krystal still has free daypasses. Important was all the time that you needed to show your cruisecard. They didnot take other guests for free.

Secrets and Amber are neighbours. I donot know their rules for daypasses.

It was the KaiOra that posted about it, but about Secrets in another location. So better check (send an email) if those hotels in Puerto Vallarta offer daypasses. Also check their rates for that at the same time.

Hotels can change their offers to non guests at any time.

Edited by Ine

• 2 weeks later...
I had read some other threads on day passes which mention "Dreams" any thoughts on that place? Sounds really nice for the day. We will be there in mid november

Dreams in Puerto Vallarta is since some time Hyatt Ziva.

There is another Dreams in Nuevo Valarta, which is far north of Puerto Vallarta.

http://www.dreamsresorts.com.mx/

• 4 months later...

Hi all. I know I'm late to the discussion but cruising Carnival Miracle last week of March 2017 and considering the Hyatt Ziva day pass in PV. Is it worth it? Are there other private beach resorts that I can contact directly myself and not pay the high prices of shore excursions? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all. I know I'm late to the discussion but cruising Carnival Miracle last week of March 2017 and considering the Hyatt Ziva day pass in PV. Is it worth it? Are there other private beach resorts that I can contact directly myself and not pay the high prices of shore excursions? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Krystal is $5 for use of the pools and loungers. Food and drink are separate.

Marriot is $35 with $25 back in food and drink.

Thanks for the feedback. It is very helpful as I look at the Carnival excursions and learn what else is available at much lower prices. A few questions I have on the Marriott:

1) How far is it from the cruise dock?

2) Do I need to make advances reservations for day passes or simply show up?

3) Dumb question as I’ve never ridden in Mexican taxi…How does payment work? Do they accept U.S. credit card, American dollars or do I need to have pesos on hand?

Thanks again!

A few questions I have on the Marriott:

1) How far is it from the cruise dock?

2) Do I need to make advances reservations for day passes or simply show up?

3) Dumb question as I’ve never ridden in Mexican taxi…How does payment work? Do they accept U.S. credit card, American dollars or do I need to have pesos on hand?

It was maybe a 15 minute cab ride from the port, 30 from the Malecon. We just showed up, so I don't know if they take reservations.

We took both the white and yellow taxis that day. The white ones (inside the port) quoted prices in dollars. The yellow ones (outside the port) quoted in pesos and cost less overall, though I've heard they'll take dollars too. Note that if you do pay in dollars any change will be in pesos, so plan accordingly and bring lots of small bills. I'm pretty sure they're all cash only. And make sure to agree on the price before the ride!

• 1 month later...

We just returned from the Grand Princess and we went to the Marriott. It was wonderful. 550 pesos per person but you get 450 peso credit per person for food and drinks. We had lunch, 4 beers, one Pina Colada and one glass of wine and still had 170 pesos to spend. Beers are 55 peso so we could have had three more beers but didn't. It is a great deal, the resort is beautful and it has a private beach, wonderful pool area and you can use the whole resort. I highly recommend it.

We just returned from the Grand Princess and we went to the Marriott. It was wonderful. 550 pesos per person but you get 450 peso credit per person for food and drinks. We had lunch, 4 beers, one Pina Colada and one glass of wine and still had 170 pesos to spend. Beers are 55 peso so we could have had three more beers but didn't. It is a great deal, the resort is beautful and it has a private beach, wonderful pool area and you can use the whole resort. I highly recommend it.

Could you tell me the name of the Marriott? Thanks.

Thank you! we are going to go to the Marriott in a few weeks when we are in PV, we will also have a 3&6 year old with us. Do you recall how much you paid for a taxi to get there?